• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That one chapter in Project X Zone 2 where the party trying to put out fires and fighting fire based enemies on a spaceship in the airspace above the Bionis with this music playing in the background is one of those videogame moments that lives rent free in my head alongside stuff like the karaoke minigames in Yakuza or the dog in Silent hill in terms of weirdness.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Now that I beat Metroid Dread, I guess my weekend game should be Okami. I finally started it, but I only got an hour into it. I know a little bit about it, how there's basically 3 whole story arcs to play it.

I watched the show as a kid and liked it. I think Battle Network is pretty cool. I hope they do a MMBN collection at some point.

Thanks for the well wishes. I tend to have a few different ideas in my head. I just went with a straightforward one since I'm only starting out and need the experience. Honestly, I'm mostly hoping this'll get me a studio job, rather than getting a larger project out of this one. Though I wouldn't mind that either.
:3 You'll get far, my friend! I know you will! You're extremely talented! Whatever this project and internship leads you to, you'll do GREAT!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I love the Legends fantheory that's going around thatVolo is actually Lusamine's ancestor in addition to being related to Cynthia, because of his outfit when you fight him looking very similar to Lusamine's with the white clothes with yellow highlights and green gem on his chest. Like Lusamines, and both have an interest in Arceus though Lusamines is more scientific, hence the creation of Type:Null.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I love the Legends fantheory that's going around thatVolo is actually Lusamine's ancestor in addition to being related to Cynthia, because of his outfit when you fight him looking very similar to Lusamine's with the white clothes with yellow highlights and green gem on his chest. Like Lusamines, and both have an interest in Arceus though Lusamines is more scientific, hence the creation of Type:Null.
This is an interesting idea but;
The outfit is modeled after Arceus. A Pokémon that ancient people vaguely know about. Except Volo who actually knows everything about it. Outside of its true appearance. But they clearly know about the arcs since that is a symbol used everywhere in the game. Which means they know it’s 1000 hands lore wise but don’t fully comprehend what Arceus is, since the ancients did a bad job in passing this knowledge down. Could still be related, but his outfit is definitely inspired by what he knows of Arceus from cogita

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Now that I beat Metroid Dread, I guess my weekend game should be Okami. I finally started it, but I only got an hour into it. I know a little bit about it, how there's basically 3 whole story arcs to play it.

I watched the show as a kid and liked it. I think Battle Network is pretty cool. I hope they do a MMBN collection at some point.

Thanks for the well wishes. I tend to have a few different ideas in my head. I just went with a straightforward one since I'm only starting out and need the experience. Honestly, I'm mostly hoping this'll get me a studio job, rather than getting a larger project out of this one. Though I wouldn't mind that either.
I could noooooooot w/ that show. It was really cool, ok, it's on my list lol. I remember it came out during the release of Latios & Latias. Lmao kid memories

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I'm getting sushi tomorrow!

View attachment 344574

**** yeah.

There goes a hole in my pocket but just this once.
I love sushi. I used to go to this place that had all you can eat for $15 before my uncle died. I used to hate it but I gradually warmed up to it. I can’t go to the place since its closed due to COVI… the virus so I haven’t eaten it in like 3 years.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
New Nintendo Direct inbound.
Star Fox when?
If we don't get a Xenoblade Chronicles 3 announcement or even a port of X, I am going to ****ing do absolutely nothing, but it'd still be cool tho.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Star Fox when?
I won’t be available during the direct due to work (technically my day ends at 5 but I gotta catch a bus).
Not sure I’ll be able to watch the uploaded (non-live) version either due to a conflict of interest.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Dragon race:

1644331348256.png

“I’m Dragon Gucumatz. You know, I was like you when I was young... Oh, there I go babbling again.”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Maya mythology. Gucumatz or Qʼuqʼumatz is a wind and rain deity of the Kʼicheʼ people. His name means “quetzal serpent” and can be considered a rough equivalent of the Aztec god Quetzalcoatl. Along with the god of fire Tepeu, he created humanity by shaping them from maize after a couple of unsuccessful attempts. Carrying the sun across the sky and through the underworld, he acts as a mediator between cosmic powers.

Skills: Rakunda, Mazandyne, Ice Breath, Megido

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Night race.

Gucumatz’s design is lowkey genius. His head is directly taken from the remaining statues of him and the body more or less fits how great serpents were depicted in Mayan paintings. Other than being a winged serpent just like Quetzalcoatl, even his color scheme is a reference! The bright red and green are also the colors of the resplendent quetzal, a bird associated with Gucumatz. Honestly, he is a better feather snake look than Quetzalcoatl in 3D games.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Star Fox when?
I'm not even excited for this because the games I want came out already and the games I'm waiting for a already know when they're coming out like 13 Sentinels so I'm not sure what else they could show in this Direct

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I can't wait for 'Sequel to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild' to still be called 'Sequel to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild'

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
I can't wait for 'Sequel to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild' to still be called 'Sequel to Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild'
I’m not ready for that game. Still haven’t 100% completed BOTW, FE 3 houses, or Mario Odyssey and they are gonna give me another game to 100%.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm in this weird position where there's only 7 Nintendo series I actively care about that are still getting games and most of them already have games on Switch. The only exception is DKC

Side note but I should really get around to clearing my Switch backlog. Might finally get around to checking out Breath of the Wild after I'm done with PLA

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Black History Month day 8:
So I'm gonna take a step back from games for a little bit, because I want to highlight an animator. Award season is coming up, and id this thread doesn't love talking abiut vmvidya, then it sire as hell loves talking about animation, super heroes, and movies.
PeterRamsey.png

Meet Peter Ramsey. He co-directed Spider-Verse and that's all you need to know about him.

Ok, but seriously, Peter Ramsey was raised in south LA, and took film classes in his homecity. He would get his career start as a storyboard artist, working for films such as Predator 2, Fight Club, Independence Day, and Artificial Intellegence. He would alsi be a secind unit director for films such as Godzilla, Tank Girl, Poetic Justice and Higher Learning.

He woukd mive on ti Dreamworks animation and be a story artist for Shrek the Third and Shrek the Halls. He would then direct Rise of the Guardians, making him the first EVER African American to direct a big budget cinematic animation. He would later help direct Spider-Verse.

Wikipedia (also my cited work)

Also, he was called the Obama of animation.

Idk wtf that even means but it sounds racist.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I won't be able to watch the Direct live - not sure what to expect (my go-to prediction, "Bayonetta 3 news", already happened in the previous Direct, so I'm guessing we won't hear anything about it until it's closer to release), but I'm hoping for a new Wario Land game of some sort or Persona 3, 4, or 5 coming to the Switch. (whether it's the regular or enhanced versions)

I'd love to have the Direct end with the "one more thing" being a new F-Zero, Star Fox, Golden Sun, or Eternal Darkness game, or an Earthbound collection to explain why those games have been weirdly absent from the NES/SNES Online apps, but those seem like long shots.

(also, more Rare games on the N64 Online would be nice; I doubt that Conker's Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark, or Goldeneye would happen, and I don't think any other one would convince me to get the N64 Online, but something like Banjo-Tooie would be amazing with online multiplayer, and games like Blast Corps, Killer Instinct (regardless of what system we're talking about) or Jet Force Gemini would be fun additions)

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
And in non Nintendo Direct news:
Sweet!Let's just hope it keeps its theatrical release this time and not put it straight to streaming like what happened with Turning Red. Also, that re-invented version of Zurg is in this too!

In addition here is the new Lightyear poster:

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If the direct doesn't open with the first teaser for the Mario movie complete with Mario and Luigi flossing, I will be sorely disappointed

In all seriousness though, don't have any real expectations for this direct. Just gimme some fun new games to play.

Won't be able to view it live due to work, but I finish up like 2 hours later, so I'll be able to catch it then

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Star Fox when?
Alright! I hope we get the next Smash character revealed in this direct! :4pacman:

Oh wait...

In all seriousness. Predicting Xenoblade 3 reveal, Bayonetta 3 trailer and perhaps a teaser to the new Mario animated film.

Hoping maybe a new Donkey Kong game with King K. Rool and the Kremlings returning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom