• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Someone knock me into next week please.

Microsoft Excel is testing my patience. Data Validation and stuff is hell incarnate! I wish I could fully pursue a career in writing but...................that's not fun. Looking at me like the anime gif here.

Which reminds me that I should watch Gabriel Dropout again. This show is so good.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ursaring in Pokemon legends is so funny.

You've got all these silly electric cats and ghost balloons with elemental powers, but then you have a plain old bear who who just tries to straight up maul you.

Pokemon Legends really gives me a new appreciation for pokemon who are just plain animals. They really help make the world feel alive.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I keep having nightmares about that one Spongebob episode where Squidward’s toenail is torn off and it’s really been wreaking havoc on my sleep schedule. I dunno why it’s getting to my subconscious now instead of a decade ago but all I have to say is that it’s not. cool. dudes.

I hope I can get more than 4 hours tonight.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I keep having nightmares about that one Spongebob episode where Squidward’s toenail is torn off and it’s really been wreaking havoc on my sleep schedule. I dunno why it’s getting to my subconscious now instead of a decade ago but all I have to say is that it’s not. cool. dudes.

I hope I can get more than 4 hours tonight.
I don’t know how anyone on the production team thought that was okay to show

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I don’t know how anyone on the production team thought that was okay to show
Especially in a children's show.

Like, bruh, even as an adult that scene makes me cringe, I can't watch it. It really is up there in the top worst things Spongebob's ever done.

Don't get me wrong, some dark humor and more mature themes are all well and good, but then there's just...Whatever the heck that scene was and that ain't alright.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Just started the second area of Pokemon Legends, i have no idea what Pokemon are available here, i saw Budew but i just used a Roserade in my run of Shining Pearl and i dont want to repeat the Pokemon i used in that run.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I’m betting legends is getting dlc. They made ancestors for Alder and Maxie, yet they only show up in pictures on a wall.

That’s a really random background detail for it to go nowhere imo.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Decided to use a Hippopotas, because ive never used one in a run in any Pokemon game before, named it Gloria.

So now my team is up to four.

So I’m betting legends is getting dlc. They made ancestors for Alder and Maxie, yet they only show up in pictures on a wall.

Maybe a Legends Rayquaza?

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Well, the eShop page does say, "Offers In-Game Purchases".

In fact, same goes for BDSP (we're still waiting for the Global Wonder Station to open up to boot).

Reactions: Z25

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Very late on this, but I finally beat SMTV.

Gameplay-wise, it's pretty solid. There are nitpicks I have such as how the level scaling works, but I do like the battle system of SMT and I enjoyed some of the ideas they incorporated into it with this game.

Story-wise, it's pretty weak. I have a number of issues to raise, but ultimately my biggest one is that I don't know these characters. I can only say one or two characters stood out to me in development, with the rest either only getting sparse details on their motivations or just not getting any at all, and that's not a good thing as these characters are who help push the story and the alignments along. After some time I was more being carried by the premise then what was happening on my screen.

All that said, it's a great game and despite my misgivings with the story I'd probably rate it higher than Apocalypse (which also coasted on gameplay), but I hope the next game fleshes out its characters and story more. Now, it's Arceus time, my Oshawott has been waiting for an adventure.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You have no idea the level of euphoria i'm feeling at the fact that Legends actually requires you to use revives.

The game is harder, ITS HARDER. The first 3D Pokemon where you actually need to heal.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh **** me, forgot pokemon home isnt even compadable with X and Y, rip

Oh now I remembered why I didn't get Pokemon home. Because in order for me to get my Pokemon from X and Y to other Pokemon games that would have to pay for Pokemon Bank and probably pay for Pokemon home as well

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
new pfp making me feel like a normal person

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Now that I beat Metroid Dread, I guess my weekend game should be Okami. I finally started it, but I only got an hour into it. I know a little bit about it, how there's basically 3 whole story arcs to play it.

Do you like Megaman NT Warrior aswell or?
I watched the show as a kid and liked it. I think Battle Network is pretty cool. I hope they do a MMBN collection at some point.

:3 He's adorable! :D Hope to see more about him soon!

:3 SO AWESOME! Congratulations on making your personal project a reality and the very best of luck with your internship! Your works are amazing! KEEP IT UP!
Thanks for the well wishes. I tend to have a few different ideas in my head. I just went with a straightforward one since I'm only starting out and need the experience. Honestly, I'm mostly hoping this'll get me a studio job, rather than getting a larger project out of this one. Though I wouldn't mind that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom