• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Feels like I haven't shown Asteria WIPs in a while, so... here's some WIP concept art of an upcoming character: Isiah!
View attachment 344465
Don't wanna say too much about him just yet, but he's definitely shaping up to be one of my favorite characters. Plenty of characters in Asteria have nothing to hide, but Isiah definitely conceals/shows different sides of himself depending on who he's around. Plus, he has a whole "One's nature v.s. one's personality and morals" deal going on, which I really like.

HaikuHello and I were in a VC earlier, and they actually made this concept art during that VC! Definitely fun to bounce ideas off of each other in a VC, and create this dude together.
Noipoi Noipoi Wademan94 Wademan94 MooMew64 MooMew64 AndreaAC AndreaAC @Metal Shop X
:3 He's adorable! :D Hope to see more about him soon!
Remember when I said I was working on personal art stuff that was important to me? Well this is the project. I'm making an indie comic mini-series as part of an internship. Still looking for more work on top of that, but COVID hasn't made that easy, TONS of people still can't get work, or get paid very little. Hoping this goes well. Here's the Pilot issue.

I'm already working on ISSUE 3! And I think Issue 2 is already even better than this first one, as its more or less just a pilot. And the style I'm going for with this project has gotten better. I know it's a lot to ask for anyone to buy the issues. But I'm taking a major step in my career, after all, we all gotta start somewhere right? I'm hoping to get better and better as this series goes on, and with any project I work on, be it professional, or fun fan-art. Any and all support is appreciated.

Tagging the people who might be interested, just in case.

Noipoi Noipoi TheMightyP TheMightyP @Idon Wademan94 Wademan94 AndreaAC AndreaAC @Swamp Sensei NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 Shroob Shroob Wario Bros. Wario Bros. @Lamperouge @osby and everyone else, since I probably should tag too many people at once.

I've still got a lot of art to share this month, so look forward to that too. Have a good one.
:3 SO AWESOME! Congratulations on making your personal project a reality and the very best of luck with your internship! Your works are amazing! KEEP IT UP!

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
oh no? or oh yeah? It all depends on the path
One step towards greatness
Oh **** off!

Was only a matter of time before Platinum went corporate for profit.

3ed6f269b6d885d5becbda23d945d7c9.jpg

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For the longest time I had always read Danganronpa as Dragonropa.

Was very disappointed to find out it was about anime teens and not about knights and dragons.
SPEAKING OF DRAGONS AND KNIGHTS WANNA WATCH KAMEN RIDER RYUKI, WHICH MEANS DRAGON KNIGHT?

Yes I'm hyperfixating on this and no I am not ashamed of it

D

Deleted member

Aw yeah, found two Shiny Scyther in a single outbreak. Sure, it's not the best shiny out there, but I love Scyther so that's great for me. One of them even has an Adamant nature, the other being neutral.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do find making these black edits quite fun. I can see why black artists like them so much.

Idk what series to do next, rn I've already decided to do the 4 main characters of Earthbound, when I have time that is.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I do find making these black edits quite fun. I can see why black artists like them so much.

Idk what series to do next, rn I've already decided to do the 4 main characters of Earthbound, when I have time that is.
You should do Fire Emblem or Pokemon protags as the former has no melanin for the selfinserts and the latter only recently got it but had no hairstyles iirc

Dutch Raikuna

So its coming up to two years this week since I started watching my tied favourite anime of all time, I'm gonna go back to Rin.

1644276862736.png

Should I do another write up?

Ooh those are both good ones. I'll see what I can do.
Tell me what you think of the sounds when people are triggered cause "how dare change the original artist's work!".

By the way, I think its cool you are doing this.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

There is a nice Twitter called Your fave is Dark-skinned that makes edits to character, correct lip colors, palm colors and all. They sometime even go the extra mile and edit their hair to be more afrocentric
FK8yrQjWUAQr_sL.jpeg

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tell me what you think of the sounds when people are triggered cause "how dare change the original artist's work!".
Well that depends.
Imo, there's nothing wrong with black edits. Not our fault we're not really represented in a lot of media. What's wrong is taking and artists work and then "fixing" it without permission.

That said, there is a huge whitewashing issue in the artist community and at this point idrc if it's ignorance or flat out racism please get the skin tone right Twitter artists.

Dutch Raikuna

Well that depends.
Imo, there's nothing wrong with black edits. Not our fault we're not really represented in a lot of media. What's wrong is taking and artists work and then "fixing" it without permission.

That said, there is a huge whitewashing issue in the artist community and at this point idrc if it's ignorance or flat out racism please get the skin tone right Twitter artists.
Oh yeah there is. Also having governments fixing it cause of how triggered they are cough Genshin but I digress..

And if it does make you feel better in a way, people like me do have dark skinned characters in our stories. I mean, I've a tanned/dark skinned girl called Sakura with petal tattoos covering her body. And I still owe it to you Wademan94 Wademan94 for giving me that idea.

Some would get triggered by that.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Well that depends.

Those "Get their skin color right" posts on twitter are hilarious, it's like they dont know that different shades happen because of lightsources.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Those "Get their skin color right" posts on twitter are hilarious, it's like they dont know that different shades happen because of lightsources.
I'm gonna slight disagree on this.

Lighting does make skin tones slightly lighter, but it doesn't make skin tones 25 shades lighter like a lot of these artists do.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
View attachment 344535

DISNEY IS SUSING US FIVE YEARS!!!
It’s honestly crazy how a single game managed to unintentionally make such a regular phrase into one of the most attention grabbing things to say. Just pronouncing “Among Us” will immediately get at least a quarter of the people in the room to turn their heads toward you.

KillerCage

Smash Master
It’s honestly crazy how a single game managed to unintentionally make such a regular phrase into one of the most attention grabbing things to say. Just pronouncing “Among Us” will immediately get at least a quarter of the people in the room to turn their heads toward you.
To be fair, that "Milo Murphy's Law" episode was named that long before Among Us was a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom