• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Although I watch a lot of anime, I never got into manga. I know they're often better than anime story-wise, but I'd miss the color, animation and sound too much. Especially since I have a short attention span. A lot of the time, when I do read manga, I subconsciously zoom through it and miss a lot of the details.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I just completed the Dex entry for Cherubi just by grinding and then evolving it.

Now time to complete Cherrim's for the sidequest

osby

Smash Obsessed
morning! how is everyone? Considering buying one of the Digimon games.
I'm doing good. It's been a productive day and I'm working on a personal project about video games now.

Though, I learned that it's gonna snow again this week, and oh, boy. My cats won't like this.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Commence Loki jokes

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Holy race:

1644245756513.png

“I’m Holy Sleipnir. I can run through the air! It's dang hard on my back, though.”

Alignment: Light-Neutral

Origin: Norse mythology. Odin's gray, eight-legged steed and the best horse among the gods and humans. His name means "gliding smoothly." He can travel through the sky or underwater. When gods promised giants the goddess Freya if they could rebuild the walls of Asgard, a magical horse named Svadilfari helped them. In order to delay the giants, Loki transformed into a mare and distracted the horse, giving birth to Sleipnir eventually.

Skills: Me Patra, Mahama, Recarm, Dekunda

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Dragon race.

Sleipnir is a horse with eight legs and that’s pretty much what his design is. The coloration of his mane is actually cool and aura-like but the crescent on his head feels a bit random. Just like his owner Odin, Sleipnir symbolizes gallows which may be a reason why he usually learns instant-death skills. Similarly, his big speed stats are not a coincidence.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Remember when I said I was working on personal art stuff that was important to me? Well this is the project. I'm making an indie comic mini-series as part of an internship. Still looking for more work on top of that, but COVID hasn't made that easy, TONS of people still can't get work, or get paid very little. Hoping this goes well. Here's the Pilot issue.

I'm already working on ISSUE 3! And I think Issue 2 is already even better than this first one, as its more or less just a pilot. And the style I'm going for with this project has gotten better. I know it's a lot to ask for anyone to buy the issues. But I'm taking a major step in my career, after all, we all gotta start somewhere right? I'm hoping to get better and better as this series goes on, and with any project I work on, be it professional, or fun fan-art. Any and all support is appreciated.

Tagging the people who might be interested, just in case.

Noipoi Noipoi TheMightyP TheMightyP @Idon @Wademan94 @AndreaAC @Swamp Sensei NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 @Shroob Wario Bros. Wario Bros. @Lamperouge osby osby and everyone else, since I probably should tag too many people at once.

I've still got a lot of art to share this month, so look forward to that too. Have a good one.
Added it to my cart but unfortunately the cart is broken on my phone. Will try again when I get home. This is super exciting man. Congratulations!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
give Zendaya her 90000000 emmy awards right now world we ain’t waiting
Alighty, this week's AMA subject shall be...
If they're available, I'll try to get it up later tonight
A498E07F-5FF6-494F-AE0B-5A0B224A7FC0.jpeg

Remember when I said I was working on personal art stuff that was important to me? Well this is the project. I'm making an indie comic mini-series as part of an internship. Still looking for more work on top of that, but COVID hasn't made that easy, TONS of people still can't get work, or get paid very little. Hoping this goes well. Here's the Pilot issue.

I'm already working on ISSUE 3! And I think Issue 2 is already even better than this first one, as its more or less just a pilot. And the style I'm going for with this project has gotten better. I know it's a lot to ask for anyone to buy the issues. But I'm taking a major step in my career, after all, we all gotta start somewhere right? I'm hoping to get better and better as this series goes on, and with any project I work on, be it professional, or fun fan-art. Any and all support is appreciated.

Tagging the people who might be interested, just in case.

Noipoi Noipoi TheMightyP TheMightyP @Idon @Wademan94 @AndreaAC @Swamp Sensei NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 @Shroob Wario Bros. Wario Bros. @Lamperouge osby osby and everyone else, since I probably should tag too many people at once.

I've still got a lot of art to share this month, so look forward to that too. Have a good one.
we’ll all see you once your comic gets adapted into a mass media franchise

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Miogid111.gif

Trying to prove a tutor wrong is pain when you are clearly in the right.

sigh Damn this.

--------------------------

On the bright side got a full six pack of these tonight:

1644249797826.png

So some good to focus.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
BHM: Day 7.

Ok, so I'm gonna switch things up a bit. No history tidbit for today, but I just wanna highlight 5 black indie devs that you can support. Like I said, there's not a lot of us in the industry, and those who are get passed up.

1. Treachery in Beatdown City. "In Treachery in Beatdown City you play as 3 unique heroes using an all new beat 'em up RPG combat system to fight hoards of depraved cops, disorderly grunts, shouting drunks, gentrifying preppsters, entitled joggers, rap cd slangin' grapplers, affluent punks, tech startup bikers, and MORE!
    Will they save Blake Orama from the Ninja Dragon Terrorists?

You have to play to find out!"
  2. Aerial_Knights Never Yield "Survive A futuristic Tokyo style Detroit in this 3D runner that tells the story of Wally who has uncovered the evidence that can change his city forever. Explore a game world with a dope-tastic soundtrack featuring the authentic sounds of Detroit Artist."
  3. Tiny Bird Garden Deluxe. "Customize your garden with hundreds of items! Every visiting bird—over 100 of them—has unique dialog, favorites, and heart levels! Play mini games, raise baby birds, decorate photos, and chat with human characters inside and out of the visual novel style story mode! We’re eggcited to meet you!"
  4. Chrono Ghost. "You are the Chrono Ghost, you must progress through challenging levels using your newly acquired abilities. As you progress, your adventure becomes considerably more demanding. There are many secrets to discover on your journey. Go forth and find them. hurry, time is running out!"
  5. She Dreams Elsewhere (coming soon). "A surreal adventure RPG where you must traverse an ethereal dreamscape, confront your inner nightmares, and escape from a never-ending coma."
Game pages:
Beatdown (Switch) (STEAM)
Never Yield (Steam) (Switch)
(Bird Garden Deluxe)
Chrono Ghost
She Dreams Elsewhere (Switch) (Steam)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Me finally collecting and then Volo wants to throw hands.

Battle starts,

Gamefreak:
1644250802241.png

That music and battle was peak Pokémon

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Earlier I said I am going to rewatch the first two Mario films before the Illumination one drops. But I haven't decided when that will happen.

I'm torn between after we get the first trailer, halfway through the year, or close to premiere (doing it now is very unlikely).

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Amazon Pandora to :4palutena:: YOU can thank :4darkpit: for bringing me to the Rewind Spring. He was a rebellious servant but...
Forget Phosphora, I want Amazon Pandora in the next SSB. Sakurai if you see this, just know Amazon Pandora was WAY too short lived. It MUST have been for good reason.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Amazon Pandora to :4palutena:: YOU can thank :4darkpit: for bringing me to the Rewind Spring. He was a rebellious servant but...
Forget Phosphora, I want Amazon Pandora in the next SSB. Sakurai if you see this, just know Amazon Pandora was WAY too short lived. It MUST have been for good reason.
Why not both Kid Icarus waifus?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
About to fight Kleavor, while exploring i found the Alpha Lopunny, noped out of there and caught one of the nearby Buneary with a Heavy Ball.
On the way up to the area where you fight Kleavor my Oshawot and Eevee evolved, eevee's friendship raised surprisingly fast.

And it's so refreshing to actually NEED revives in my bag for once. Havent needed them since Gen 5.

So now my team consists of:
Convoy the Dewott
Tobi the Espeon
Sheath the Buneary

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I also did a series of Black History Month fan-art pieces for most of the month. Of course, I had to start off with Storm. Went with an MVC styled one. 4 of 8 alts inlcuded.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Added it to my cart but unfortunately the cart is broken on my phone. Will try again when I get home. This is super exciting man. Congratulations!
Thanks. Can't do anything about the cart on my end. But hopefully they'll fix that.

give Zendaya her 90000000 emmy awards right now world we ain’t waiting

View attachment 344488

we’ll all see you once your comic gets adapted into a mass media franchise
Lmao. Don't know if this project will go that far. But one step at a time I guess.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh no? or oh yeah? It all depends on the path
Lmao. Don't know if this project will go that far. But one step at a time I guess.
One step towards greatness

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Just finished the Forces of Nature sidequest, which was the last sidequest I had left.

Now to complete the Pokédex!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Haven't drawn in a while, so I wanted to try my hand at something for a quick brush up that took like 1 and a half hours.
View attachment 344495
Look, it's Ness.
Ness from the world where quirky Nintendo JRPGs didn't take off (Nintendo fans only like melanin when it's sexualized)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ness from the world where quirky Nintendo JRPGs didn't take off (Nintendo fans only like melanin when it's sexualized)
Well, you're not wrong, but let me fix this
(Gamers only like melanin when it's sexualized)

Somewhat related, but I have another black Ness drawing in the works, it's just a much more time consuming project.

Noipoi

Howdy!
That Volo fight had me struggling. Had to fight him like, five times.

I was so happy to finally beat him…

Until Giratina kicked my ass.

I fought him a sixth time, barely managed to beat Giratina…

And then Giratina goes origin form

And I’m crying at 4 AM playing a Pokémon game

I had to use 100% of my brain cells to strategize this fight, I wasn’t doing this **** again. I barely beat it with my Typhlosion.

My Zoroark managed to give it frostbite before it fainted, and I landed an Infernal Parade even though it was obscured.

Been a while since I’ve struggled like that in a Pokémon game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom