• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh and yeah. Lamperouge Lamperouge I just remembered something since we were talking about the film the other day.

I've Your Name as a manga.

1644196324145.png
1644196148582.png
1644196255762.png

And by the way, I consider it to have the best translations between it, the movie and the novel if you have any interest in that sort of things.

And yes. The artwork for these are amazing.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh and yeah. Lamperouge Lamperouge I just remembered something since we were talking about the film the other day.

I've Your Name as a manga.

View attachment 344444 View attachment 344442 View attachment 344443

And by the way, I consider it to have the best translations between it, the movie and the novel if you have any interest in that sort of things.

And yes. The artwork for these are amazing.
I've been meaning to ask: Where did you hear that it was going to be on CR and when exactly is it being added? I looked on there but couldn't find it.

Dutch Raikuna

I've been meaning to ask: Where did you hear that it was going to be on CR and when exactly is it being added? I looked on there but couldn't find it.

Uh.......................................

Uh........................................crap.

1644197968331.png

Some of it is UK/Ireland only.............and I just found out.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm sorry if I didn't notice.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Uh.......................................

Uh........................................crap.

View attachment 344451

Some of it is UK/Ireland only.............and I just found out.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I'm sorry if I didn't notice.
FJ2OmyDXwAIZZgV.jpeg

I'm calling this whole friend thing off.

But nah, you cool. Guess I'll try sailing the seas for it or just make a rental.

Shroob

Sup?
So I was curious on what Canary looked like in the 1999 Hunter x Hunter, because I wanted to know if her being black was a 2011 change.

It was, but why tf did she look like Sideshow Bob
View attachment 344448
View attachment 344449
Also, I'm pretty sure she is supposed to be black there.

That's just how anime portrayed black people in the 90's for a lot of anime.

Dutch Raikuna

View attachment 344455

I'm calling this whole friend thing off.

But nah, you cool. Guess I'll try sailing the seas for it or just make a rental.
Sailing the seas????

far_cry_42.jpg

I'm sorry what? WHAT?

I'm so haha sorry about all this but being a pirate means you are a bad bad human. Those little organs of yours are gonna be harvested to pay for Mr Investor's fifth yacht! Think of the companies Lamp! Think of the poor poor companies!

You know. The ones are ****ing idiots are not going for global licensing reforms instead of being anti-comsumer.

coughs

Man I get too relied up these days about that topic.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Sailing the seas????

View attachment 344456

I'm sorry what? WHAT?

I'm so haha sorry about all this but being a pirate means you are a bad bad human. Those little organs of yours are gonna be harvested. Think of the companies Lamp! Think of the poor poor companies!

You know. The ones are ****ing idiots are not going for global licensing reforms instead of being anti-comsumer.

coughs

Man I get too relied up these days about that topic.
Sorry for bringing it up.

Shroob

Sup?
Jynx is stuck with Porygon as in it's in Pokehell, and unlike Porygon it's never making a comeback lmao.

Actual flop of a Pokemon, what were they thinking?
A Japanese youkai

Mixed with gyaru fashion

I dunno why they were going for hornybait in Gen 1 but they tried.

Dutch Raikuna

Sorry for bringing it up.
Nah, I tend to use topic as a chance to practise dark humour now. We cool. I love you (no homo).

Just that with the whole game music purge from YT has gotten me thinking about a lot of stuff recently and was talking to people about what they think the future of all this is gonna be like anime and game music for the high seas.
I'm very pessimistic about all this.

Its probably the biggest reason why I'm anxious about using the internet these days.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
A Japanese youkai

Mixed with gyaru fashion

I dunno why they were going for hornybait in Gen 1 but they tried.
I jusy find it funny that they made her pitch black with massive ass lips, and they didn't stop to think "huh, could this possibly be racially insensitive?"

Not even turning her purple and introducing Smoochum can save Jynx from the damage she done.

Shroob

Sup?
I jusy find it funny that they made her pitch black with massive ass lips, and they didn't stop to think "huh, could this possibly be racially insensitive?"

Not even turning her purple and introducing Smoochum can save Jynx from the damage she done.
Japan is kinda flippant when it comes to the concept of racism unless it's towards other Asian nations from what I've seen tbh.

Like, a classic manga I like, which apparently Sakurai does as well, is Kinnikuman, a classic Shonen Jump series about masked wrestling.

But oh boy did it not age well in terms of racial depictions.

You got

The stereotypical squinty-eyed asian guy

The native american full of indian stereotypes

A black guy with massive pink lips

A "good" nazi

Etc

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Japan is kinda flippant when it comes to the concept of racism unless it's towards other Asian nations from what I've seen tbh.

Like, a classic manga I like, which apparently Sakurai does as well, is Kinnikuman, a classic Shonen Jump series about masked wrestling.

But oh boy did it not age well in terms of racial depictions.

You got

The stereotypical squinty-eyed asian guy

The native american full of indian stereotypes

A black guy with massive pink lips

A "good" nazi

Etc
I mean it doesn't help Japan has a huge history of racism and imperialism and they try their hardest to cover **** up.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

I mean it doesn't help Japan has a huge history of racism and imperialism and they try their hardest to cover **** up.
One of the most racist countries out there.

And yet weebs think its a waifu paradise! Big blob Timmy will cry cause he got his ass stuck in the maid cafe or arrested for harassing a cosplayer.

Seriously though.

I knew a teacher who lived there and the racism was very subtle (social aggression in public is sorta frowned upon in public) but holy **** it was almost daily. And he was white and Irish which makes me sorry for any of my darker skin friends who want to visit considering how they approach them.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One of the most racist countries out there.

And yet weebs think its a waifu paradise! Big blob Timmy will cry cause he got his ass stuck in the maid cafe or arrested for harassing a cosplayer.

Seriously though.

I knew a teacher who lived there and the racism was very subtle (social aggression in public is sorta frowned upon in public) but holy **** it was almost daily.
There is no better PR team for Japan than terminally online weebs.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
With the amazon gift card i got for my birthday i got a physical copy of the first volume of the Pokemon diamond and pearl manga, even though i already read it on a high seas site.

Accidental racism destroyed the Jynx evolution line, it would have likely gotten a third stage in gen 4 since it was part of a trio with Magmar and Electabuzz.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Oh yeah, also

Work is getting busy for the next two weeks, so expect to see less of me here. Also been feeling a little burnt out on social media lately and since I won't have as much free time for a small bit, I kinda wanna use what I got to do other things. :073:

Just wanted to drop that here so that no one wonders where I went off to if there are days I'm not on here, lol.

Wademan94 Wademan94 I will be gettin' back to ya on that Hololive stuff soon here, too.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wait

But

You're online a lot

And you're slowly turning into a weeb

....mein gott.
I'm trying to cut that down, but College work is boring yo.
Accidental racism destroyed the Jynx evolution line, it would have likely gotten a third stage in gen 4 since it was part of a trio with Magmar and Electabuzz.
Thank God for that

Dutch Raikuna

Seriously though. The reason why I am a Japanophile isn't so much the weeb side of it anymore but rather from SPUN from it like Laid-Back Camp, K-On and such.

It's the fascination of the countryside, the architecture and the language now.

There is no better PR team for Japan than terminally online weebs.
Oh dear god.................but some of those are the same people who'd worship that guy who was in the suicide forest and was a right **** in the country.

I like Japan as a cultural superpower but they can do better. Far better. Maybe reform those copyright laws as a nice start those bloody dinosaurs.

Wait
But
You're online a lot
And you're slowly turning into a weeb
....mein gott.
I know...............which is crazy.

Oh yeah, also

Work is getting busy for the next two weeks, so expect to see less of me here. Also been feeling a little burnt out on social media lately and since I won't have as much free time for a small bit, I kinda wanna use what I got to do other things. :073:

Just wanted to drop that here so that no one wonders where I went off to if there are days I'm not on here, lol.

Wademan94 Wademan94 I will be gettin' back to ya on that Hololive stuff soon here, too.
I'll miss you but I'm hoping to do the same as well. Most of this week is practically D-Day for my coursework and I'm hoping to move away from my high seas related communities by the end of the month.

Well you know where to find me and Wade easily if you want to chat. You cool as hell.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Oh, no, I was talking about my online time.

I think me becoming a weeb has already happened the moment I watched Mob Psycho.

But can I call myself an anime-enjoyer instead? Weeb has too many negative connotations.
I'm sorry, fren.

But you're sitting at us at the weeb lunch table during lunch break.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Feels like I haven't shown Asteria WIPs in a while, so... here's some WIP concept art of an upcoming character: Isiah!
1644201185652.png

Don't wanna say too much about him just yet, but he's definitely shaping up to be one of my favorite characters. Plenty of characters in Asteria have nothing to hide, but Isiah definitely conceals/shows different sides of himself depending on who he's around. Plus, he has a whole "One's nature v.s. one's personality and morals" deal going on, which I really like.

HaikuHello and I were in a VC earlier, and they actually made this concept art during that VC! Definitely fun to bounce ideas off of each other in a VC, and create this dude together.
Noipoi Noipoi Wademan94 Wademan94 MooMew64 MooMew64 AndreaAC AndreaAC Metal Shop X Metal Shop X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom