• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Potatoman rejects his eventual turn into a weeb

I sow seeds of corruption

So just the usual.
I didn't deny it though. I just rather not be called a weeb.
Feels like I haven't shown Asteria WIPs in a while, so... here's some WIP concept art of an upcoming character: Isiah!
View attachment 344465
Don't wanna say too much about him just yet, but he's definitely shaping up to be one of my favorite characters. Plenty of characters in Asteria have nothing to hide, but Isiah definitely conceals/shows different sides of himself depending on who he's around. Plus, he has a whole "One's nature v.s. one's personality and morals" deal going on, which I really like.

HaikuHello and I were in a VC earlier, and they actually made this concept art during that VC! Definitely fun to bounce ideas off of each other in a VC, and create this dude together.
Noipoi Noipoi Wademan94 Wademan94 @Solar Nyan AndreaAC AndreaAC @Metal Shop X
This is cool, is this for a project?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I didn't deny it though. I just rather not be called a weeb.

This is cool, is this for a project?
Indeed! It's for a series of mini-comics that my friend HaikuHello are making.

We also plan on dubbing some of these, and paying for voice over and original music for them burns a hole through my wallet but it is oh so worth it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Indeed! It's for a series of mini-comics that my friend HaikuHello are making.

We also plan on dubbing some of these, and paying for voice over and original music for them burns a hole through my wallet but it is oh so worth it.
Oh yeah, now I remember. I really hope this pans out well for you and your friends! Looks real neat!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh yeah, now I remember. I really hope this pans out well for you and your friends! Looks real neat!
Thank you! And yeah, it's goin' well! The first mini-comic is almost finished, (Haiku is currently coloring and shading the last few pages) Abel's VA has recorded all of her audio, and we got the music for the dub done and dusted. Not sure when the comic is releasing, but we plan on wrapping the comic itself up soon.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'll be drawing this week's AMA sometime tomorrow. Need to sleep rn due to working wicked early.

In the meantime, if any of y'all aren't currently on the list of future AMA subjects and would like to be added, please lemme know via reply or PM

Reminder that even if you went once or twice before, you're free to go again

On this note, you may have noticed a new AMA FAQ + Directory thread. Things were starting feel cluttered with putting the names and links to prior AMAs in a random post here, so I gave em a whole separate thread, along with sort of starter's guide to the AMAs, assuming I get a lot of questions regarding this whole thing. Hope this makes things more convenient

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'll be drawing this week's AMA sometime tomorrow. Need to sleep rn due to working wicked early.

In the meantime, if any of y'all aren't currently on the list of future AMA subjects and would like to be added, please lemme know via reply or PM

Reminder that even if you went once or twice before, you're free to go again

On this note, you may have noticed a new AMA FAQ + Directory thread. Things were starting feel cluttered with putting the names and links to prior AMAs in a random post here, so I gave em a whole separate thread, along with sort of starter's guide to the AMAs, assuming I get a lot of questions regarding this whole thing. Hope this makes things more convenient
Throw me in.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When you really think about it.

Omni-Man is basically a fusion character of both Superman and Vegeta but has the appearance of JJ Jameson.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
So how easy is it for people to find shinys in legends I have played about 12 hours and nothing yet is the shiny rate higher or is it just the fact that we don’t need to click on them

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thinking about it yeah that is very true.
Viltrumites are also a fusion of Kryptonians and Saiyans.

The technological culture of Kryptonians but violent and planet-conquering nature of Saiyans.

Edit: Given Omni-Man's appearance. I do kinda wonder if JK Simmons was intentionally cast to voice the character or if it was just a coincidence. I feel the former given his role JJ Jameson in the Sam Raimi Trilogy and MCU.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Question. Why was there no love for Shulk's traveling companions from Xenoblade Chronicles (2010)? I'm still butt hurt that none of them made the cut. Sakurai must've had good reason to only Include Shulk and no one else from the game that had started it all.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Viltrumites are also a fusion of Kryptonians and Saiyans.

The technological culture of Kryptonians but violent and planet-conquering nature of Saiyans.

Edit: Given Omni-Man's appearance. I do kinda wonder if JK Simmons was intentionally cast to voice the character or if it was just a coincidence. I feel the former given his role JJ Jameson in the Sam Raimi Trilogy and MCU.
I think they chose Simmons because Omni Man always looked like JK Simmons in the comics.

Shroob

Sup?
Question. Why was there no love for Shulk's traveling companions from Xenoblade Chronicles (2010)? I'm still butt hurt that none of them made the cut. Sakurai must've had good reason to only Include Shulk and no one else from the game that had started it all.
I mean, they're not the protagonist.

When it comes to Smash and RPGs, the protagonists are usually the only ones who get in.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Because Riki would be too powerful for Smash.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good Morning My Gamers

I am struggling to get out of bed

it always starts with battle shonen

and before ya know it

you memorized a Love Live dance routine
I've been stuck as a battle shonen buff for like what, 3 and a half years now?

I don't think I'm getting past that considering my general taste in media. Like I'm sure there's other good stuff out there but I've always leaned more towards the fantastical.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Good Morning My Gamers

I am struggling to get out of bed

I've been stuck as a battle shonen buff for like what, 3 and a half years now?

I don't think I'm getting past that considering my general taste in media. Like I'm sure there's other good stuff out there but I've always leaned more towards the fantastical.
Whenever I get into my "manga moods" I always try to get into different stuff, but in no time at all I always get sucked back into Shonen Jump and its deep rabbit hole :yoshi:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Whenever I get into my "manga moods" I always try to get into different stuff, but in no time at all I always get sucked back into Shonen Jump and its deep rabbit hole :yoshi:
The only non-Jump manga I've read is Pokémon but that barely counts as trying something new cause like

It's Pokémon

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh well! This is old news anyway. I had higher hopes for Melia. 😔
Frankly if any Xenoblade 1 character would have been added to smash after Shulk it would have been Fiora.

The only non-Jump manga I've read is Pokémon but that barely counts as trying something new cause like

It's Pokémon
Even Pokemon Reburst?

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I usually lean towards searching a genre on scan sites and searching for whatever series is being actively translated/has an interesting gimmick of the week. I remember just over a decade ago back in High School binge reading random series until 3am.

I think the only thing that's changed my reading habits are the genres. High School, Romantic Comedies. College, Horror. Current, Isekai. Only thing that's stayed constant for me has been Pokemon Adventures, which I've been reading since 1999/Elementary School.

Probably a minority, but I find it a lot harder to get into anime than it is to get into manga.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
1. Changed pfp to vampire astronaut.

2. Holy hell was my Zoom call bad. I find my teacher alright but man was trying to get **** done hard.
This is why I prefer in person! It's so much easier to show stuff.

no-game-no-life-anime.gif

But no. 10 people trying to clamber over each other like mad was annoying!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If we’re talking about Manga I guess I can shill one of my favorite Manga of all time Fire Punch. These books are ****ed up but I love them. It’s written by the same author of Chainsaw Man so it’s definitely worth a read if you’ve read chainsaw man.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
As for manga by the way.

I'm far more into light novels but outside of Land of the Lustrous, Komi, Nichijou, Girls Last Tour and Laid Back Camp (two planning on getting more in the future).

Anything else, I'm not finding it as worth to buy physically anymore. The high seas are gonna get stricter but when there is a curiosity I'll read it there.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Manga wise, I'm only reading Komi and Nagatoro at the moment. Dragon Ball is still my all time favorite though; there's just too much nostalgia there for it to not be.

And I've been trying to get into light novels more with 86 and the Monogatari series.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Remember when I said I was working on personal art stuff that was important to me? Well this is the project. I'm making an indie comic mini-series as part of an internship. Still looking for more work on top of that, but COVID hasn't made that easy, TONS of people still can't get work, or get paid very little. Hoping this goes well. Here's the Pilot issue.

I'm already working on ISSUE 3! And I think Issue 2 is already even better than this first one, as its more or less just a pilot. And the style I'm going for with this project has gotten better. I know it's a lot to ask for anyone to buy the issues. But I'm taking a major step in my career, after all, we all gotta start somewhere right? I'm hoping to get better and better as this series goes on, and with any project I work on, be it professional, or fun fan-art. Any and all support is appreciated.

Tagging the people who might be interested, just in case.

Noipoi Noipoi TheMightyP TheMightyP Idon Idon Wademan94 Wademan94 AndreaAC AndreaAC Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 Shroob Shroob Wario Bros. Wario Bros. Lamperouge Lamperouge osby osby and everyone else, since I probably should tag too many people at once.

I've still got a lot of art to share this month, so look forward to that too. Have a good one.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Looking back, most manga titles I've been following regularly are urban fantasy. Jujutsu Kaisen, Kemono Jihen, Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun, and I've recently started reading Witch Watch.

I should probably branch out more. I haven't checked on a sports manga seriously since Haikyuu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom