• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Somewhat surprised to see a direct already, but happy we got one. 40 minutes is pretty big. The exciting thing is not really knowing anything on it so there could be some fun reveals.

Only thing I could say for sure will be there is Kirby and Zelda. Advance wars would make sense to since I don’t think they announced the new release date. Splatoon 3 will also likely be there.

xenoblade and fire emblem are my only other guesses towards new games announced.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I don't wamma be too negative about Palkia/Dialga's origin forms but I am a little butthurt that they have arguably superior stat spreads for competitive.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I don't wamma be too negative about Palkia/Dialga's origin forms but I am a little butthurt that they have arguably superior stat spreads for competitive.
Isn't the only difference is having higher S-def(Dialga)/speed(Palkia) for a slightly lower attack?

Can you explain what makes them better?

KillerCage

Smash Master
And in non Nintendo Direct news:
Not gonna lie, I'm looking forward to Lightyear.
I'm impressed that Chris Evans sounds so much like Tim Allen's performance in the original films.
I see they're also binging in Zerg into the spotlight.

Ivander

Smash Legend
That happens every time Nintendo unveils a feminine character.
You can practically make a Nintendo Girls calendar for the next 20 years without repeating characters. Maybe even more.
"Muh waifu! THICCCCC!" -Is just a skinny girl
If I had a nickel for every average-looking female character that artists make look much bigger, I'd probably wipe the majority of college debt.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Isn't the only difference is having higher S-def(Dialga)/speed(Palkia) for a slightly lower attack?

Can you explain what makes them better?
It depends on the set, but typically in competitive most pokemon specialize in which attacking stat is highest. So if you use Dialga for isntance, it's usually best to run a -attack nature and only special moves, since 150 special attack is so massive you don't really need to use Dialga's 120 attack stat. That makes Dialga's attack stat pretty redundant, so more special defense is just objectionally better.

Now Palkia on the other hand does at least have some use for physical moves. It can use Scale Shot to boost its speed or Focus Punch to take out Blissey. But speed is very important for offensive pokemon so that extra 20 base speed for Palkia is going to be very tempting.

...But in traditonal games origin form Giratina has to hold an item to take that form, so if Palkia/Dialga have similar requirements maybe their alternate forms won't be so redundant. Items can be pretty powerful so not being able to run say, Choice Specs on origin Dialga could be a big deal.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If I had a nickel for every average-looking female character that artists make look much bigger, I'd probably wipe the majority of college debt.
See: Cynthia.

She is skinny as **** canonically but you'd never be able to tell the way the artists draw her.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
80E5F6EB-27E0-40D0-B921-59240A387AE3.png

Donkey Kong isn’t actually a monkey, he’s an ape! Different creatures, though they’re both primates.

Donkey Kong is one of Nintendo’s oldest characters, though technically not this Donkey Kong. He’s the grandson of the original Donkey Kong, who is now Cranky Kong!

And finally, Donkey Kong’s gonna have a new game announced for the Nintendo Switch!

Some day

Eventually

Please…

View attachment 344615
Donkey Kong isn’t actually a monkey, he’s an ape! Different creatures, though they’re both primates.

Donkey Kong is one of Nintendo’s oldest characters, though technically not this Donkey Kong. He’s the grandson of the original Donkey Kong, who is now Cranky Kong!

And finally, Donkey Kong’s gonna have a new game announced for the Nintendo Switch!

Some day

Eventually

Please…
I hope he's not bored.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Au is the element symbol for Gold on the periodic table

Speaking of elements, the Sun is comprised of hydrogen and helium.

And elements can be composed into things like solids, liquids, plasma, and gas.

And speaking of gas
1632404585833.png

This is copium. This is what I am on wishing for a Golden Sun 4 announcement.

Last edited:
Au is the element symbol for Gold on the periodic table

Speaking of elements, the Sun is comprised of hydrogen and helium.

And elementa can be comoeised into things like solids, liquids, plasma, and gas.

And speaking of gas
View attachment 344618
This is copium. This is what I am on wishing for a Golden Sun 4 announcement.
Why you suck it? It's very dangerous, plus addictive.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I assume space-time distortion is Game Freak's excuse as to why the new Pokémon and forms introduced in Legends: Arceus haven't been seen in modern times?

Ivander

Smash Legend
I love that y'all are playing a riddle on which Pokegirl artists overexaggerate as if that's not literally all of them.
Oh don't get me wrong. They really do. But imagine a literal nameless nobody not even in the games getting almost the same amount of attention as frickin' Cynthia and Lusamine. But that might just mainly be me venting at the trope and exaggeration one too many times once again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom