• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Y'all remember that failed attempt of a cinematic universe regarding Tom Cruise's The Mummy?

That moment when you realize the MCU alone could pretty much have its own Dark Universe within its own universe given Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, Manphibian (Basically a Gill-Man knock-off), N'Kantu the Living Mummy, etc.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
TIL: Shooting yourself in the foot is listening to the demand and putting out quality PC ports that sell really well.
I mean in the short term it's good, but in the long term it won't work. Exclusives are why you buy a console, and Sony has a lot of them. Except now they're making them not exclusive. People are gonna stop buying PlayStations now that they know they can just wait a few years and get them on PC.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I mean, yeah bit why did Square think that not natively porting the game was a good idea? Liek, the only thing I could possibly think of is tha ist as cheaper, because the not enough power argument doesn't work when they're PS3 games (except KH3)
Not even that, three of these games are PS2 games, one is a PSP game and one is a 3DS game.

They could ALL run natively.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Yeah.

Speaking of which y'all remember the Microsoft buying SEGA rumors? What happened to that?
Honestly dude?

Since these kinds of deals take a year of two to sink in, if the rumors are true, we might hear about this sometime this year.

Though, this makes no sense to me, in a way.
I feel like Nintendo and Sony acquired companies that they're CLOSE with. Nintendo got MonolithSoft. Sony got Bluepoint Games (for example).
Xbox got Bethesda and Activision.. even though those two develops have made games for all 3 platforms + PC before.
and then SEGA? What???

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For when and if Microsoft ever does their own Smash clone. They have more of a selection now too.

Master Chief, Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, Fulgore, Doom Slayer, Marcus Fenix, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Tracer, Battletoads, Sylvanas Windrunner, etc.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I mean in the short term it's good, but in the long term it won't work. Exclusives are why you buy a console, and Sony has a lot of them. Except now they're making them not exclusive. People are gonna stop buying PlayStations now that they know they can just wait a few years and get them on PC.
No they're fine long term too.
The people buying PC ports are generally a different audience to those buying them day and date on Playstation and even then there's a lot of crossover because people want to be in the conversation and don't want to miss out.

That and PC gaming is pretty inaccessible to the general public, not to the extent people meme about but still enough that a console is a much more attractive option to some random John Doe that works a crappy 9-5.

What Sony really need is an answer to Gamepass and rumours suggest they might have one.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
For when and if Microsoft ever does their own Smash clone. They have more of a selection now too.

Master Chief, Banjo & Kazooie, Conker, Fulgore, Doom Slayer, Marcus Fenix, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Tracer, Battletoads, Sylvanas Windrunner, etc.
inb4 the Killer Instinct devs pull this hypothetical game off or Microsoft hires a company that can make platform fighters

Ivander

Smash Legend
I feel like Nintendo and Sony acquired companies that they're CLOSE with. Nintendo got MonolithSoft.
It's sorta weird to think about because Monolith mainly did games for Namco, but did not get along with them, while they didn't really do games for Nintendo, but were very good friends with Nintendo's staff and because some of the Nintendo higher-ups wanted to keep seeing Monolith be creative, Monolith wanted to be with Nintendo. And surprisingly enough, Namco was fine with it and allowed Monolith to be mostly bought by Nintendo.

When you look at it now, look at how far Monolith has gotten being beside Nintendo. Making the very successful Xenoblade series, supporting Nintendo in making Breath of the Wild, Splatoon and Animal Crossing and being a part of Smash Bros. It's quite nice seeing decisions being beneficial in the long run.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
030pg026-me.jpg

I love how pretentous Cyrus is in his first line of dialogue in the manga, chosing to sign his name in a fancy fountain pen. lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Fixed cause we need to be honest. Microsoft did not do this mainly to fix Activision-Blizzard's image. Activision owns Call of Duty, as well as some notable IPs like Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk and Warcraft(and therefore World of Warcraft). That's more than enough for any company to want to get a hold on Activision. Microsoft is still first and foremost a company and to a company, money is still the main priority.

Granted, there is the possible benefit of Microsoft changing Activision-Blizzard for the better. Microsoft is quite aware of the view people have on Activision-Blizzard and considering people will now be looking at them in regards to Activision-Blizzard's state, it would not be surprising if they started working on Activision after the buyout. After all, fixing Activision-Blizzard and getting into people's good books is just one more way of getting more money. It's different priorities, but the possible benefits this can have are still there.
This is a fair point, but Microsoft was one of (if not the) first company to call them out. The fact they then went on to buy said company is very interesting timing and makes me think there could be more to this purchase. It may be a matter of them killing two birds with one stone. Blizzard loses stock and money because of the controversy, leaving them open to be bought out. Then they get to shape the company however they want, looking good to the public because of reform. All we the benefit of now attracting a lot more attention to the blizzard ips and this making more off of them.
I was hyped for these KH ports but the games don't even ****ing work.

Wtf was Square thinking?
I really don’t see why they didn’t just take some time to make physical ports. It shouldn’t have been that hard to pull off.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I just don't understand why Kingdom Hearts on Switch is referred to as a "Cloud version".

Cloud was already in some of 'em. 🤷‍♂️
I think it's a New Funky Mode thing, you get to play as Cloud in all of them. We'll see when it releases. I already pre-ordered all of them. My internet sucks, but it'll be ok if I download now.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Hey, if Microsoft keeps their good relations with Nintendo, Nintendo practically has a gold mine of IPs they could get from teaming with Microsoft for Smash characters. And the good news is by the time the next Smash comes out, Crash Bandicoot won't be tied to Activision's image by then.
What does that have to do with my post exactly?

Ivander

Smash Legend
What does that have to do with my post exactly?
Well, you said this was a Smash forum and preferred it that way, so I responded with talking about Smash. Maybe for an excuse to mention the previous stigma of Activision on Crash's chances becoming null for the next Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I don't generally support buying companies all that much but if there's any company I hope gets bought out, it's Konami. At the very least I'd like them to sell their IPs

Well, you said this was a Smash forum and preferred it that way, so I responded with talking about Smash. Maybe for an excuse to mention the previous stigma of Activision on Crash's chances.
No, I said I prefer to forget that this is a Smash forum...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, you said this was a Smash forum and preferred it that way, so I responded with talking about Smash. Maybe for an excuse to mention the previous stigma of Activision on Crash's chances becoming null for the next Smash Bros.
I think they were talking about the opposite: implying that forgetting this forum is about Smash is a good thing.

also I don't see how being acquired by a different company erases what Blizzard Activision did, especially since they are giving Kotick a very soft exit but that's just me

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm getting really frustrated with my shiny Dracozolt hunt and I haven't even hit 2,000 revivals yet.

Why am I subjecting myself to this torture?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm getting really frustrated with my shiny Dracozolt hunt and I haven't even hit 2,000 revivals yet.

Why am I subjecting myself to this torture?
Do you have shiny charm? I have two of fossils so far shiny. It was actually both Zolts that I got. I was doing around 30 fossils per reset which made both hunts go relatively fast( like less then a day each). However when I was hunting Dracovish it took me forever and I eventually stopped and haven’t gone back yet.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Do you have shiny charm? I have two of fossils so far shiny. It was actually both Zolts that I got. I was doing around 30 fossils per reset which made both hunts go relatively fast( like less then a day each). However when I was hunting Dracovish it took me forever and I eventually stopped and haven’t gone back yet.
I have the shiny charm, but even if I didn't it apparently doesn't work on SwSh fossils.

I'm doing 8 revivals per reset, but I might have to go farm more fossilized drakes to make it go faster.

Reactions: Z25

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Looking forward to seeing how Marc Spector embraces the chaos in two months time.

Anyways the date kind of makes sense as I heard that it is undergoing reshoots at the moment. I predict that She-Hulk's release date could be sometime in May whilst Ms. Marvel which is also undergoing reshoots at the moment, I predict that it could release approximately around August or beginning of September.
I wouldn’t mind a May release for She-Hulk, maybe she and a Star Wars project could bring in double premieres…
Kamala needs to be a June-July show if they can
Y'all remember that failed attempt of a cinematic universe regarding Tom Cruise's The Mummy?

That moment when you realize the MCU alone could pretty much have its own Dark Universe within its own universe given Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, Manphibian (Basically a Gill-Man knock-off), N'Kantu the Living Mummy, etc.
well they already have a Halloween special planned out, so it’ll likely go down for a beginning there
…this is a Smash forum? The ****

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think they were talking about the opposite: implying that forgetting this forum is about Smash is a good thing.

also I don't see how being acquired by a different company erases what Blizzard Activision did, especially since they are giving Kotick a very soft exit but that's just me
I....didn't register that...:skull:

And I'm not saying being bought by a different company erases what A-B did. It certainly won't be forgotten when it'll be one of the first things people will be looking at Microsoft for when it comes to them getting A-B.
I was talking about Crash becoming a Microsoft character and no longer having A-B's stigma on him. Considering one of the things we kept discussing alot about Crash and the possibility of him being one of the last Smash DLC characters was the stigma he would bring because of being an Activision character, especially when we learned about the awful stuff surrounding A-B. By the time the next Smash Bros. comes out, the stigma on Crash should hopefully be gone by then because of him being owned by Microsoft and assuming Microsoft does deal with the Activision-Blizzard scenario.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can’t wait to be bought my Microsoftplease buy me instead Nintendo

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, my only hope for Microsoft buying ActBliz is for the workers to finally get better working conditions.

And for Bobby ****tick to be fired.

Idrc what this really means for Crash and Spyro or Smash if the workers get the safe eviroment they deserve.

And would you look at that
Get him tf outta here

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom