• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the people have spoken...they are now you default damned fools for not voting for Miles over TLOU2, Doom, GOT, and Hades...O B V I O U S L Y

D

Deleted member

Ehh, I will watch the TGA, but I care more about my Minecraft Hardcore world.

Maybe something hype will appear though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Twitch banning the Blind play category because blind people might be offended...When they can't see the category to be offended.

They need to ban walkthroughs next for paraplegics
I don't know if the term "blind play" is really that offensive, but joking as if blind people are helpless might be. You realize most blind people have working ears, right?

D

Deleted member

Man, dieting has definitely changed my appetite.

Like now I want to eat a lot less than I used to.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was gonna buy a switch anyway, cuz I’m a Nintendrone, but what really turbocharged me was when they revealed the next Pokémon games we’re gonna be on the Switch.

Boy...the wait was..worth it...
3BCB13FD-55D1-461D-9546-E281C678C942.jpeg

As for TGA, I’m not gonna watch it and hope they reveal something crazy while I’m not looking. Like what happened with Joker in 2018.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Man, dieting has definitely changed my appetite.

Like now I want to eat a lot less than I used to.
It's a sign you're eating the right foods. Your body is getting the right nutrition it needs and you're not overindulging with sugars and carbs. And possibly feeding on more nutrient dense foods that are lower in calories.

Also every time you eat your body's insulin levels will spike so if you're eating too much in a day you'll feel that hunger crash because your blood sugar levels will plummet, hence why people feel hungry all the time.

D

Deleted member

means your stomach has shrunk. that is always a good thing. keep up the good work.
It's a sign you're eating the right foods. Your body is getting the right nutrition it needs and you're not overindulging with sugars and carbs. And possibly feeding on more nutrient dense foods that are lower in calories.
Tell that to my parents, who whenever I happen to skip one lunch they start acting like I'm about to die or something.

But yeah @ShinyLegendary , It is cool that you seem to be having decent or good handling of the food you eat.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
As for TGAs I'll be watching it of course but I'll probably be playing Cyberpunk all day (that, Just Cause 4, Persona 5 Royal and Atelier Ryza will do me for ages) so I'll watch it in the hopes of seeing anything about God of War or Nintendo related.

As for the Switch talk, I don't really play it as much anymore over the PS4. Bit of Xenoblade and Ghostrunner but that's it really.

It's encouraging to hear that your health is improving. I hope it keeps improving!

What kind of computer do you have, though?
HP laptop from 2014, pretty good if you want to use it for creative writing (typing?) and play a few old games but not much else really. Been needing to upgrade for a while but don't really see it as important.

And yeah, does feel like the end is in sight, just now issues with my teeth again (few are meant to be taken out but haven't already cause of Covid) and also issues with my throat but that's it really. So feeling optimistic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Switch and PS4 both get an equal amount of gameplay time...tho I get saltier on my Nintendo than the Sony

also someone hacked the player's voting poll to make GOT have 100% of the votes (while Miles and TLOU2 are both in the top 3)

you saw no errors

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
As for TGAs I'll be watching it of course but I'll probably be playing Cyberpunk all day (that, Just Cause 4, Persona 5 Royal and Atelier Ryza will do me for ages) so I'll watch it in the hopes of seeing anything about God of War or Nintendo related.

As for the Switch talk, I don't really play it as much anymore over the PS4. Bit of Xenoblade and Ghostrunner but that's it really.

HP laptop from 2014, pretty good if you want to use it for creative writing (typing?) and play a few old games but not much else really. Been needing to upgrade for a while but don't really see it as important.

And yeah, does feel like the end is in sight, just now issues with my teeth again (few are meant to be taken out but haven't already cause of Covid) and also issues with my throat but that's it really. So feeling optimistic.
Yeah, 2014 is a while ago.

If you want a computer that has lasting hardware, you can seldom go wrong with a gaming laptop. Even if you don't play games on it, the hardware is built for video games, and due to such the computer will run faster and be more durable.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Tell that to my parents, who whenever I happen to skip one lunch they start acting like I'm about to die or something.

But yeah @ShinyLegendary , It is cool that you seem to be having decent or good handling of the food you eat.
Most people don't realize that humans can live a few weeks without food. Skipping one meal is not a big deal. In fact most people can get by just fine eating one or two meals a day. I rarely eat more than two meals a day myself.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Most people don't realize that humans can live a few weeks without food. Skipping one meal is not a big deal. In fact most people can get by just fine eating one or two meals a day. I rarely eat more than two meals a day myself.
I need to get that Goku sized dinning in order to make up for missing out on a meal section

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Honestly, I will probably not get a PS5 until a long while.
Probably the same for me since the PS5 is currently out of stock in my country and it might take a while for the stock to available. There is no chance that I am going to purchase one from a scalper, not with those high prices.

In addition, Ludi Lin (known to portray Zack in Lionsgate's Power Rangers and Liu Kang in the upcoming Mortal Kombat reboot) had his say on the Monster Hunter controversy.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh **** man, my right arm hurt.

I finally finished Vergil Run on DMD and unlocked Super Nelo Angelo. Now I can finally play the boss who gave me PTSD on DMD.

Think i'm going to stop playing DMC for a while, beside some short session of playing very hard with Nelo Angelo. Next game is Doom 1 or Vesperia.

Also, I used items on Arkham, no, I don't feel shame because it's ****ing Arkham, he can go to super hell.

Otherwise tho, no items used with Vergil.

now i'm going to rest my freakin' right arm.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know if the term "blind play" is really that offensive, but joking as if blind people are helpless might be. You realize most blind people have working ears, right?
Yeah, because that's what I said.

Quite frankly, people that are offended by something that innocent ARE helpless

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Noipoi

Howdy!
The last of my current Spider-Man fan-art batch. I drew Mysterio. He's a fun character.

The style is a bit more cartoony than my Carnage fanart from last time, but I still kind of like this too.
This is a tangent but I really like how you do backgrounds. With the color gradient and stuff.

I reminds me of something from my childhood, though I don’t remember what.

Anyway, great stuff!

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It'll sound selfish, but IF we get a Smash trailer, PLEASE be someone I give more than two ****s about. Steve's impactful, so I can respect the choice from that front, but Minecraft ain't my jam. And I'd give even less of a **** for Geno.

Obviously, if it's not someone I care it won't be the end of world or anything. But I do want to see cool ****.

This is a tangent but I really like how you do backgrounds. With the color gradient and stuff.

I reminds me of something from my childhood, though I don’t remember what.

Anyway, great stuff!
Thanks man! I learned a thing or two over this past year, and I'm hoping to keep up the momentum for 2021. Really, I just want to find more good brushes to mess around with in Photoshop. Most of the free ones are kind of mid.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It'll sound selfish, but IF we get a Smash trailer, PLEASE be someone I give more than two *s about. Steve's impactful, so I can respect the choice from that front, but Minecraft ain't my jam. And I'd give even less of a * for Geno.

Thanks man! I learned a thing or two over this past year, and I'm hoping to keep up the momentum for 2021. Really, I just want to find more good brushes to mess around with in Photoshop. Most of the free ones are kind of mid.
Who would you care about then.

If it’s someone from a JRPG don’t answer (Sarcasm meter should be going off right now).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Assuming Smash is indeed at TGA, I'm 40/60 on the character is someone I like or wanted.

Joker from 2018 provided no hype for me as I'm unfamiliar with the series.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Guess Kiryu took a huge hit in likelihood today. Yakuza series director said the games wouldn't be a good fit for Switch.

Obligatory song link...
Cloud is the poster boy for one of the most notorious defections in gaming history and he's in Smash.

I don't think it matters as much as you think.

Though I also don't think we'd get Kiryu anyway.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah, because that's what I said.

Quite frankly, people that are offended by something that innocent ARE helpless
If it wasn't clear, it's the bolded line here that I thought was in really poor taste.
Twitch banning the Blind play category because blind people might be offended...When they can't see the category to be offended.
It's just mean spirited and implies blind people can't know of something they can't see.

Maybe I'm an easily offended baby but making fun of people for disabilities just rubs me the wrong way.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
If it wasn't clear, it's the bolded line here that I thought was in really poor taste.

It's just mean spirited and implies blind people can't know of something they can't see.

Maybe I'm an easily offended baby but making fun of people for disabilities just rubs me the wrong way.
Treating them like they are broken makes me angry. I will be mad about blind play throughs when they as a group voice their anger for said term. Not another group on their behalf.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Treating them like they are broken makes me angry. I will be mad about blind play throughs when they as a group voice their anger for said term. Not another group on their behalf.
That's not the part I'm arguing about.

Edit:
Because I can't drive this in hard enough.

I don't have any issues with the term "Blind Playthrough".

I just took issue with the quip about blind people "not being able to see the category".

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Lord
People seem oblivious to the fact that these words are used in multiple ways.

Blind can mean someone visually impaired or without sight. It can also mean doing something without previous familiarity.

Deaf can mean someone who is hearing impaired or without hearing. It can also mean choosing not to hear or ignoring. "He stayed deaf to the complaints."

Mute can mean someone who is unable to speak. It can also mean someone who simply chooses not to speak. "She remained mute on the subject."
It's also a city in which Captain Falcon drives around.

If there was only a singular way to use the word, it'd be a different story. But a "blind playthrough" has the latter meaning, where the person is previously unfamiliar with the content. People are conflating the two and looking past the context.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

On less awkward stuff, somebody made a joke on my server(due to a cursed image of Brian with multiple ahoges, eyes, and a giant mouth. Specifically emulating Multi Optics appearance. And that it was a child of Brian and Multi Optics itself. I mean, hey, that's not that weird anymore in anime/etc. But getting to the point...)

So I made a Multi Optics girl, a quick edit of another image. Specifically a Dullahan Slime Girl fusion.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Honestly that seems to be what happens most of the time people try to change something to be politically correct. Can't think of any obvious examples off the top of my head but that's the impression I tend to walk away with when dumb changes like this happen.
It is strange that some people think the least nuanced and least contextual interpretation is the "correct" one nowadays.

And a bit troubling that those are the people who have been granted sway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom