• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I know, I know I said see you next year but..............
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Noipoi Noipoi @AndreaAC @Guh-Huzzah! @Z25 M MooMew64 @Shroob @Flyboy Lamperouge Lamperouge @osby KillerCage KillerCage @KingofPhantoms Pokelego999 Pokelego999 @Metal Shop X @Kirby Dragons Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku @Hat N' Clogs CannonStreak CannonStreak @Teeb147

Just wanted to give a shout-out to many of the peeps that helped make this year much less lonely for me (Apologies if I missed anyone). I don’t really have a lot to say about the year. Lots of highs, lots of lows, and through it all this channel has been a huge source of comfort and interaction for me. Despite Ultimate’s cycle being over, I don’t think I’ll leave just yet. It would take me days to say everything I wish to say about all of you so for this moment I just wanted to take the time to say thank you all.
Without a doubt if I say one of about five people online to who I owe the most to, you are one of them without a second thought. It's never been a dull moment talking to you. I'm glad to know you as a friend despite having never seen our faces.

Here's to 2022 and hopefully beyond in our friendship.

And by the way to the core group on my server plus a few here like Noi and Lamperouge Lamperouge we are a long way from parting. Our fates and knows what else are tied.

View attachment 341614

Ain’t never gonna happen.
Hahahahaahhahaaha

1640994177892.png

Let us make sure it comes to that.

Ayeeeee!

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And right out of it two games are looking to join my Switch library at long last.

1640996830452.png

1640996870969.png

Deemo and Disco Elysium. These two and Nier Replicant are gonna be January.

This is gonna be fun.

Plot twist: A couple of days into 2022 and an alien invasion occurs.
That's a mean way to say Russian Invasion of Ukraine.

Finally something that would be cool. Gets boring around here on earth.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Looks like the rumors are true. A teaser website, key art, Takahashi art, and Twitter account have been opened/leaked. I guess it makes sense since 2022 is the Year of the Tiger and that the OG anime turned 40 years old the other month. The 2008 OVA was amazing so I'm hyped visually, but cautious in terms of content. No indication just yet if it'll be a reboot or continuation of more short stories from where Movie 5 left off. Will be especially interesting if they try to throw in riffs on modern culture given the original series repeatedly made fun of stuff like Cyborg 009, Fist of the North Star, Dirty Pair, Ultra Man, Kamen Rider, and Godzilla.

New VAs have been rumored/leaked so it'll be odd to see after so long. Ataru's original VA still voices Piccolo for Dragon Ball stuff and Lum's VA is younger than him so who knows if they'll make cameos. How the slapstick and character interactions will be handled will be the biggest question given modern sensibilities.

Hopefully the OG anime will get a re-release soon too just like the manga and movies have. I really don't want to have to pay $100+ for several DVDs that only have 3-4 episodes on them.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Then why bring in the Power rangers universe turtles?
that’s specifically to represent Next Mutation being the first and only live action TMNT show…that and they probably liked the 1st Power Rangers crossover

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Eh, everyone's doing their posts, I'll just do mine now LOL

So... 2021.
I joined SmashBoards this year. I've heard of and seen posts (shoutout to PapaGenos and his vids LOL) on the website but never made an account and posted myself. That is, until May 19th. :ultkazuya: was the first reveal I reacted to "live", if you will, with this site and with y'all. Y'all are a splendid pleasure to communicate with, and while I was WAY more of a Speculation Part II poster than on this Social Thread (until Sora dropped), I love the age and background diversity we have here. From fellow college students like my boy Theguy123 Theguy123 to people close to or my age like Noipoi Noipoi , from much older yet vibrant & fruitful folks like Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester , @Professor Pumpkaboo, and KillerCage KillerCage to name a few. Given how I'm getting along with people I shared many things in common with and having many laughs, I think it's been a good first year on this site. Cheers to more.

Smash wise, I love the characters we got this year, GODDARN do I like :ultkazuya: s theme tho, probs of my favorite Ultimate remixes.

Outside of SmashBoards, college is going great so far. Many new friends, and while class difficulty is ramping up as of the time I'm writing this (EngineeringView attachment 341417), I've been doing well so far, and shoutout to my study group homies LOL. And family wise, I won't go into it at all, but we got some great things happening so far here, too.

So glad I got myself more exposed to SolidWorks. I think it's a software tool that I can't wait to learn more about as I utilize it for school work and for club work, such as for a Mars Rover project I'm working on. Also glad I learned how to manually use machines such as mills, lathes, and laser cutters!

Shoutout time: (Everyone here is great tho, let's be honest ;) )
TheMightyP TheMightyP Definitely one of the funniest & friendliest guys on the Social Thread, def gotta talk more brother!
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester Always fun hearing your opinions from Smash Spec. to movie and TV show takes, along with your myriad of fun questions!
Theguy123 Theguy123 Always fun connecting with someone my age and enjoyed speculating with you, brother!
@Shroob SHROOOOOOOOOOOB Another great person that made speculation fun!
@Gengar84 loved that him and I shared similar MWs for Smash in the Western character realm!
@osby Another great person that made speculation fun, glad you're also here in the Social Thread as well!

Def more peeps, but yea.
Shine on, y'all

View attachment 341416
Only just seen this. I really need to log into smashboards more. Thanks for the shoutout.Was always great speculating smash bros with you

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
2021's been a bit of a roller coaster hasn't it?

On top of the general world stuff, there was the end of Ultimate speculation after a good long 3 and a half years of a hype train, then of course, there's my mod position here. It's been a learning process, but it's been an honor to help out here (at least I try to help. Apologies if I may end up getting a bit carried away at points lol).

It doesn't feel right to tag just a handful of people here. So I say thanks to all you, yes, even you reading this, for making SmashBoards a bright spot of 2021.

Anywho, Happy New Year, and I hope y'all stick around for 2022

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
M MooMew64 Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura GET UP, IT'S WHAT WE'VE BEEN PRACTICING FOR

KillerCage

Smash Master
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester ! I'M SO SORRY!
It was just as wholesome and tearjerking I thought it would be! Prushka and Bondrewd made such a adorable daughter and father duo which makes what happens to them so upsetting. Add in the GORGEOUS animation, mouthwatering fight scenes, and INCREDIBLE soundtrack, this would have EASILY been the best film I saw this year had it came out in 2021.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester ! I'M SO SORRY!
It was just as wholesome and tearjerking I thought it would be! Prushka and Bondrewd made such a adorable daughter and father duo which makes what happens to them so upsetting. Add in the GORGEOUS animation, mouthwatering fight scenes, and INCREDIBLE soundtrack, this would have EASILY been the best film I saw this year had it came out in 2021.
What you got to apologize for? I'll repeat it once again.

For every single movie that everyone watches. You make up your own mind and think for yourself.

Different opinions is what makes the world much more unique overall.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright, so

I’ve watched four out of the five Ice Age movies for my end of the year nostalgic marathon

Ice Age is a really solid, good film. Meltdown is just kinda bland. Dawn of the Dinosaurs is a really fun kids movie. And four is just kinda dumb, but not awful.

Now here’s my dilemma. If I wanna go all the way, I gotta watch the fifth one.

But Collision Course is one of those movies that physically repulses me, it’s that bad. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a ton of movies worse than it. But for my personal tastes and my history with the series, yeah. It’s that bad. Just a painful, painful hour and a half.

So do I watch it? :nifty:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Alright, so

I’ve watched four out of the five Ice Age movies for my end of the year nostalgic marathon

Ice Age is a really solid, good film. Meltdown is just kinda bland. Dawn of the Dinosaurs is a really fun kids movie. And four is just kinda dumb, but not awful.

But Collision Course is one of those movies that physically repulses me, it’s that bad. Don’t get me wrong, there’s a ton of movies worse than it. But for my personal tastes and my history with the series, yeah. It’s that bad. Just a painful, painful hour and a half.

Don't watch it dude.

The franchise jumped the shark with the fourth film. Because of it that I avoided the fifth and future installments like a plague.

Look what they did to my boys through the course of five films...Remember when the first movie had a perfect blend of humor, drama, and emotion? Good times.

I can live with the series being a trilogy but if I had to be honest, the first film felt like one of those standalone films.
Plot twist: A couple of days into 2022 and an alien invasion occurs.
One of Baba Vanga's predictions for 2022 is actual first contact with aliens.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The worst thing about the Ice Age movies after 3. Not only did they turn my boys the Sub-Zero heroes into these moronic buffoons but they act like as if the first film and meeting and helping Roshan never even happened...

First movie: Perfect blend of emotion, drama and humor
By the fifth movie: Nothing but slapstick and toilet humor along with pop culture references.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Alright, so

I remember the Scrat Running Man Dance commercial they did for it.
I never saw the movie minus that LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom