• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Twitter be like: If you buy this you're part of the problem
Deepfake Tobey MacGuire and Tom Holland
View attachment 341584
View attachment 341583
-insert funny JPEG about just let people enjoy things-

-respond with funny JPEG of guy at table condescendingly saying "just consume products and don't question anything"-

repeat infinitum for true Twitter experience

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So just revisited this masterpiece:

Yurukayno.jpg

And a few takeaways from playing them both back to back now.

1. Both are still super wholesome and proof you should all watch Laid-Back Camp.

2. Fumoto has doggo so it's slightly better.

3. Gemdrops is probably my favourite developer of the year.
They've developed two Spice and Wolf and two Laid Back Camp Virtual "Games" and had a hand in both Melty Blood Type Lumina and Sakuna of Rice and Ruin.

4. Playing them both has made me reflect on things and reminds me that I want to do stuff. I need to be very tough on myself now if I want to reach one of those places IRL. 2022 is the last chance of a year I can get and I know it to grow up and all.

5. Still love Nadeshiko and Rin, the friendship is just so well done. Both are polar opposites personality wise so the dynamic works really well.

That is all. My (probably) final Laid Back Camp appreciation post of the year.

portada_yuru-camp-28.jpg

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey folks.

I don't have any big "wow, this is the end of the year!" post going on, but still wanted to wish ya all a Happy New Year in advance.

Me & my sis are watching Cowboy Bebop before 2022 can really start, annnnd yeah, so far, it's good **** I tell ya.

Whatever happen in 2022 on my side, i'm gonna wait & see. After the past two years, it's hard to tell whatever the heck is gonna even on this big planet we all live in.

Either way, see ya all around, Space Cowboy.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Deepfake Tobey looks like an American tourist in China who drank at a sketchy town bar and woke up on the highway with nothing but a fishing net for clothes.

Hey folks.

I don't have any big "wow, this is the end of the year!" post going on, but still wanted to wish ya all a Happy New Year in advance.

Me & my sis are watching Cowboy Bebop before 2022 can really start, annnnd yeah, so far, it's good **** I tell ya.

Whatever happen in 2022 on my side, i'm gonna wait & see. After the past two years, it's hard to tell whatever the heck is gonna even on this big planet we all live in.

Either way, see ya all around, Space Cowboy.
How..................I've just realised you are the good Dr here on the forums now?

Regardless good choice. I finally got round to watching it this year as well.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Betty White reportedly died 2 weeks before her 100th
Not gonna lie, I find the fact there were articles about her 100th birthday coming up only for her to die 17 days before her birthday to be kinda funny

Like of course I feel sorry for her family and friends and fans but still

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
How..................I've just realised you are the good Dr here on the forums now?

Regardless good choice. I finally got round to watching it this year as well.
Can't blame ya tbh, I been sort-of-gone from this forum for a while, and I don't usually announce when I change my username. That and I lost my premium.

That aside, heey, thanks, pal.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Fellas... my Brilliant Diamond Nuzlocke has officially begun. 👁

Gonna be making this into a video, and I got two "special rules" in play. One, I have to nuzlocke a game I've never played before. (Hence why I chose Brilliant Diamond) And two, all of my Pokemon have to be named by my friends. ...So that's why we have Kirov the Piplup.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
Today i learned that Yokai watch has a competitive scene.
Indeed it does and even several years after its release, the continuingly active Japanese competitive ladder for the game, active JP YouTubers are still discovering unique and interesting strategies. It's proven itself as a huge, varied metagame that rewards creative teambuilding.

Meanwhile, Pokemon's competitive format is its own huge joke.

If Pokemon were a balanced game in the slightest, the Smogon format wouldn't need to exist and it wouldn't be so easy to point out how cookie cutter official VGC Doubles teams.

Pokemon fans tend to gush over Se Jun Park's Pachirisu without considering the fact stuff that destroys Pachirisu was banned that year like Landorus T or Dragon Gem Latios.

What's especially funny to me is even after the vocal hatred from numerous well known PokeTubers for the 20 minute timer in SWSH, they still kept that feature in BDSP.

It's just another reason to use Showdown and then they'll get upset when they lose to random crits and misses cuz Pokemon doesn't actually reward skill.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I guess I should give a progress update on BDSP:
All my mons fully evolved. Luxio was the first, and then Staravia, and then Prinplup.
Crasher Wake's Quagsire kinda kicked my ass. My fault for not having a single grass move on hand and expecting my Luxray to take all the work
Both Maylene and the ghost type gym leader were easy.
My Houndoom is useless. Why is he so slow 😭😭😭 he dies to literally every ****ing hit before he can attack

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
It's mostly people who aren't interested in competitive Pokemon anyway that idolize that Pachirisu. Like me.
That kinda goes into my point. Alot of casuals from my experience tend to hate the competitive side because players tend to use what's meta. That's not really the fault of the players as it is the fault of the game that creative teambuilding just isn't a thing. So when you have instances like Pachirisu, people get more invested even if it is because stuff that stomps it otherwise was banned.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
IF Betty White really passed away, then dang, I'm truly sorry to hear that.

It's a shame that she got denied the opportunity to reach 100, but at the very least, she seemed to have lived a full, healthy life...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
on a lighter tone, I think outside of Gohan/Videl and Hercule/Majin Buu, the best part of the Buu saga is it ending

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Ironic isn't it.

First movie of this year was one of the worst I seen (Shadow in the Cloud) but ended with one of the best (Hilda and the Mountain King).

Somewhat poetic.
Even though I have not been to the cinemas that much this year (only a few times), funnily enough my first movie of this year was Tim Story's Tom and Jerry in which I regard that as one of my five worst films of 2021.

The issues that I had with the film was that I felt it didn't have the same charm as what the classic cartoons had established and that the cat and mouse duo were shafted as side characters to assist the uninteresting plot and uninspiring human characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom