• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This demons face, it makes me irrationally angry
Pokemon fans are really hesitant to try other monster catching games and that hurts, Digimon Cyber sleuth is more fun.
Pokemon fans rather stay with their piss poor easy game then try something challenging like DQ 11 or Yokai watch or any other monster collection game

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You can probably make FNF music sound good, it's just not really my thing. Plus, a lot of mods just sacrifice the song sounding good for the sake of difficulty, and ya end up getting stuff that sounds like this. But hey, FamiluJules' covers of the tracks are neato, even if they aren't my favorite thing.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
You can probably make FNF music sound good, it's just not really my thing. Plus, a lot of mods just sacrifice the song sounding good for the sake of difficulty, and ya end up getting stuff that sounds like this. But hey, FamiluJules' covers of the tracks are neato, even if they aren't my favorite thing.
Tbh, Modders should just let KawaiiSprite donhisnjob and stop trying so hard to sound like him because they do a piss poor job

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Tbh, Modders should just let KawaiiSprite donhisnjob and stop trying so hard to sound like him because they do a piss poor job
Most of KawaiiSprite's original tracks for the game are pretty neato, I won't lie. It's a nice mix of difficult gameplay and having a composition that actually sounds like. You know- a song. That's why it lends itself so well to remixes and covers and the like in my opinion.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
So here's my year in review.
  • I bought my first car, which came from my sister.
  • I moved my bedroom into a bigger bedroom, which also came from my sister (since she moved out).
  • I continued to seriously struggle with mental health issues during the first half of the year, but this improved in the second half. I've recently started taking medication for this as well.
  • I suffered from multiple bad physical health issues this year, and they prompted me to get a doctor to start seeing.
  • I originally didn't care about making friends, but this recently changed. I've been talking to more of my fellow employees. Unfortunately, autism means I'm not too good socially, and awkward moments are guaranteed to happen.
  • I hardly watched any movies (as usual), but I watched a handful of shows. There was Cheers, which I started a few years ago and finished this year. But my favorite was Big Time Rush, which is now easily in my top 20 shows, if not top 10.
  • I got back into writing. I've mostly focused on the sitcom I've planned out and keep thinking of ideas for.
It's definitely been a mixed year, but the second half was probably better than the first.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
What the **** is up with kids channels using Squid Game characters? There’s literally so many properties to exploit for cash why pick the the Murder Game Show to market towards kids? And why is it always the doll? The ****ing thing was a centerpiece in 1 episode and a background element in another.

God Youtube boils my blood sometimes. Adult content creators will get demonetized for making Not Safe For Kids content but **** like this will probably give like 7 ads to whatever 8 year old watches it.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
What the **** is up with kids channels using Squid Game characters? There’s literally so many properties to exploit for cash why pick the the Murder Game Show to market towards kids? And why is it always the doll? The ****ing thing was a centerpiece in 1 episode and a background element in another.

God Youtube boils my blood sometimes. Adult content creators will get demonetized for making Not Safe For Kids content but **** like this will probably give like 7 ads to whatever 8 year old watches it.
It's doubly weird because FNF is aggressively not a children's property either lol

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
OK. So I was gonna do a year in review media wise but I think I'll do quick summary of it all like my self award thing this year. Was gonna do a length paragraph by paragraph but got bored.

Movie/TV:
Best movie - No Time To Die.

That's it.

Games:

Personal GOTY - Scarlet Nexus

Best soundtrack - NEO: The World Ends With You (no surprise there)

Biggest gaming surprise - Melty Blood: Type Lumina (Fate Related fighting game was brill)

Favourite announcement - Pyra/Mythra and Sora in Smash Bros

Biggest disappointment - Tales of Arise (plot fell up the stairs)

Finally playing - Genshin Impact, Mass Effect 1 and 2, Control, another Metroid game

Favourite moment - The finale of NEO The World Ends With You, exploring Ireland in AC Valhalla (reminder: must sue for missing my hometown /s)

Guilty of buying - Laid Back Camp Virtual Camp. Both at full price. (Still wholesome though)

Anime:

Best anime - Zombieland Saga Season 2

Best anime started watching this year: K-On, Land of the Lustrous, Cowboy Bebop

Most messed up thing I've watched - Wonder Egg Priority

Favourite Episode - Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 1+2 (seriously watch this show)

Best anime soundtrack - K-On!

Best moment - The episode with the tripping in Cowboy Bebop

Most disappointing - Re:Creators (no from this year but still)

Overall

Most divisive media - To Your Eternity.

Best new Waifu - Arashi Spring from Scarlet Nexus. I mean. She is pretty cool and cute.

Gonna play more into the New Year - Genshin Impact, AC Valhalla

Runner up Media of the year: Land of the Lustrous

Media of the year:

Crunchyroll-4-683x1024.jpg

Mostly satire that's more or less it. Was gonna go month by month but tired.

Tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 MooMew64 MooMew64 Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy .

Done.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
quite a bit of Jiren and Buu hate…I dig it
My favorite is Frieza, but the worst is Super 17 imo. That said, he's not canon, so...

I'll go and say Jiren. Not bad, but definitely the weakest. Kid Buu's up there for me too, I just prefer Majin and Super Buu.
Kid Buu…was something. Seems like he's the most popular evil Buu or something in comparison to the others
I dunno about worst but Frieza is the GOAT
there’s enough Freezer love for him to get decked in the schnoz
Best: Between Frieza and Cell
Worst: Babidi
oh that Babidi
Frieza is peak anime antagonist IMO.

The worst probably goes to Jiren since the stakes never felt that high in his respective arc and he didn't have much going on in terms of character.
Kefla felt more like a legit threat than Jiren, despite not making it to the very end
Best - I'd say Freeza. He made a big impact on the series going forward (whether it was his personality, his transformations, or his impact on the Saiyan race), and I can't think of any other Dragon Ball villain with their own Japanese metal song.

Worst - Jiren. He's just so bland, whether we're talking about design, personality, or abilities.
idk who doesn’t love that song, but I hope to never meet them
Tbh, I would actually enjoy a DB spin-off of the Universe 6 saiyans. Like, what would life be like with no Frieza and the Saiyans were still alive?

But also because I actually like Kale, Caulifa, and Cabba.
they should definitely expand upon those 3. It’d be a nice change of pace in seeing how their saiyan race (and the rest of their world) is like compared to Universe 7.
I'd honestly say Buu considering the entire saga itself is confusing and the character changes so much. Majin Buu was cool, but once you hit Super Buu and his copies, now you just have Cell and Patrick Star's lovechild.
…I wish I didn’t realize that until now

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

Children are inevitably going to have some interest in Squid Game when it involves playground games.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I remember it flooding my recommended despite me never watching a Bendy video, lol.
I've watched a Bendy video before. Specifically the one detailing the development heads' bull****ery, cause that's more interesting than the game itself. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So what are everyone's new year plans tonight?

For me just gonna be quiet. Dad's coming over, having pizza and watching both Speed (1994) and Stallone's Over the Top. Gonna also talk to my brother on the phone as well.
I'm not a particularly social person even without taking the risk of Covid into account, so I'm just going to stay at home and try to get caught up on Hunter x Hunter, Daredevil, and/or JoJo part 6. (I've only got two episodes left for JoJo part 6, and I'm almost done Daredevil season 2)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
:D Wonderful work! :3

Sorry that I haven't been able to respond to the previous posts made my you and Noipoi Noipoi ! ; - ; Using Smashboards on mobile is a nightmare and I got no other choice at the moment! Plus being quite busy!

I will take the chance to wish everyone here a wonderful and happy new year! 2022 will have its ups and downs like any other year, but let's hope the best for it! :3 Please all take a whole lot of care and enjoy the celebration! We made it through!

Noipoi

Howdy!
:D Wonderful work! :3

Sorry that I haven't been able to respond to the previous posts made my you and Noipoi Noipoi ! ; - ; Using Smashboards on mobile is a nightmare and I got no other choice at the moment! Plus being quite busy!

I will take the chance to wish everyone here a wonderful and happy new year! 2022 will have its ups and downs like any other year, but let's hope the best for it! :3 Please all take a whole lot of care and enjoy the celebration! We made it through!
Right back at ya!

0A8D8205-AFE6-464C-8F26-5A7C02CA21B7.jpeg

Ivander

Smash Legend
To think after 6 and a half long years....

Fate/Grand Order is finally getting a frickin' Pity System. It's not great nor good, but at least it's a step in the right direction and the horror stories about spending $2000 dollars on this game or using 1500 Quartz and not getting a single SSR come to an end. It still costs around $500 dollars(or more depending on your region) if you don't have any Quartz saved up, since the Pity System requires 900 Quartz.
But for those with the NA version, like me, Erureido Erureido and Shroob Shroob , just the fact that we can save up our Quartz for until the Pity System comes out 2 years later(....pain....unless a miracle happens for the NA version) and be ready to get the SSR Servants we want is a huge boon. This upcoming year alone is estimated to give around 1904 free quartz and 247 free tickets(1 Ticket counts as 3 Quartz, making the total free Quartz an estimation around 2645 Quartz), and there's still the year after that.
I'm still going to try and get Caster Artoria when she comes out, but when I do get her, I'm practically going to hoard all the Quartz I get from then on for when this System comes out. And be ready for the Servants I want to get.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Had to do shopping but on the topic of Dragon Ball antagonists, and I know this might ruffle feathers for people who haven't read the manga, but it's been years and I have a feeling Toei is never going to mention the manga in any capacity, so I'm just gonna talk about it.

Gas? Sucks. He is the worst villain in the series to date. You thought Zamas was complicated? You thought Jiren was boring? Mix the worst of those two and you get that ************. Shows up in the Granolah arc out of nowhere and goes "mmmmm yeah im the strongest now pls thank you >:^)". His motivation? Straight-up just pettiness.

And it sucks because his design goes hard imo. At least until he grows.

1640975027026.png

Super manga has had this very weird trend lately where all of the villains have to end up being slightly-taller-than-Goku and has to be humanoid in some capacity. Zamas did it. Jiren was already that. Moro used to be a goat wizard, and then he was turned into Cell Lite with anthropomorphic features. The villains in the new SuperHero movie are, again, literally already that. And Gas used to be Krillin's height FYI. Not for any real apparent reason; he's not even a child, just small. I think it's a silly trend and I'm tired of Toyotaro and Toriyama just taking unique character designs that work and then just tossing it in the trash when it comes to the final fight where everyone's all muscly and punching hard and ****.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom