• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DrCoeloCephalo
3DS FC
5086-1965-6195
Switch FC
SW-2795-9234-1507
View attachment 338360
Remember when people said that Nick All Star Brawl would be a Smash Killer?

That never happened.
Nobody said that except sarcastic Smash fans upset a cartoon game had better online. I'll gladly play Project M or Nick Brawl over Ultimate if I can help it.

Hmmmm

Will Cookie Monster like the Digimon game?

I wonder
I don't understand why people take Arlo seriously. Dude said there was nothing worth noting during those "bad Nintendo Directs" when Shin Megami Tensei games were being revealed. Dude even got memed about that beforehand.

That said, regardless of Arlo, Pokemon is still low tier as far as monster collectors go. I can fairly say so after having played Pokemon ever since RBY and have played both older and newer monster collectors and Pokemon fans aren't going to do anything about that other than cry.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
who is the best and worst antagonist in the canon history of Dragon Ball?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Best - I'd say Freeza. He made a big impact on the series going forward (whether it was his personality, his transformations, or his impact on the Saiyan race), and I can't think of any other Dragon Ball villain with their own Japanese metal song.

Worst - Jiren. He's just so bland, whether we're talking about design, personality, or abilities.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, I would actually enjoy a DB spin-off of the Universe 6 saiyans. Like, what would life be like with no Frieza and the Saiyans were still alive?

But also because I actually like Kale, Caulifa, and Cabba.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what are everyone's new year plans tonight?

For me just gonna be quiet. Dad's coming over, having pizza and watching both Speed (1994) and Stallone's Over the Top. Gonna also talk to my brother on the phone as well.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
****ing brother being loud as hell. Getting pains and stuff from anxiety again. Was planning on doing my media year in review now but his loudness pisses me off and can't focus.

I swear to god, he better move out in 2022 otherwise I'm gonna snap. Man I wish I didn't have siblings sometimes.

Oh well, still a few hours before I can finish it anyways.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Freeza's the GOAT.

Worst? I wouldn't say someone recent like Jiren, ****ing Gas is more boring than Jiren. I'd honestly say Buu considering the entire saga itself is confusing and the character changes so much. Majin Buu was cool, but once you hit Super Buu and his copies, now you just have Cell and Patrick Star's lovechild.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last piece for 2021. A Collage of some of my art for the year. Crazy part is, this isn't even half of what I drew. I got like 2 fan-art pieces backed up, but I might be busy for a while after the holidays. Anyways, Happy New Years in advance from me! It's a LARGE file, so I'll post the newgrounds link if you want to check it out.

osby

Smash Obsessed
It was hard finding one that fits the occasion but I think I did a fine job. Happy New Year!

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Genma race:

1640967074038.png

“I’m Genma Kanbari... I hate being seen by human whippersnappers but whatever…”

Alignment: Light-Neutral

Origin: Japanese mythology. A toilet spirit with an unknown name origin, his full name being Kanbari nyūdō. He roughly looks like a priest covered in thick hair and lurks out of bathrooms on New Year’s Eve, peeking inside. Acting in a wrong manner may result in him cursing the person using the toilet with bad luck or constipation. On the other hand, chanting his name three times will grant protection against bathroom accidents in the new year.

Skills: Mahama, Tetrakarn, Me Patra, Force Block

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Flight race.

Sources vary on how benevolent Kanbari is and whether he’s a god or a monster but most accounts agree that we simply don’t know much about him since he only appears once a year. Therefore, all of his SMT versions place him in the cryptic Enigma race. The inspiration behind his look is supposed to be classical yokai illustrations and he does indeed looks the part. He also looks like ****, which I imagine is also intentional due to his habitat.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ironic isn't it.

First movie of this year was one of the worst I seen (Shadow in the Cloud) but ended with one of the best (Hilda and the Mountain King).

Somewhat poetic.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

For me just gonna be quiet. Dad's coming over, having pizza and watching both Speed (1994) and Stallone's Over the Top. Gonna also talk to my brother on the phone as well.
Play Yakuza and jump on here for a few words.

Then freak out as I'll have Zoom classes again on Tuesday with stricter rules now.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Head over to my favorite sandwich joint, pick up my favorite ice cream, watch one of my favorite shows, and play DKC2 to summon a new DK game into 2022.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Well, gotta go on a 50-60 minute run, hang out with my family, and I have to work tomorrow.

I'll fill in the blanks as they come

osby

Smash Obsessed

My dad's made some fancy dinner and now opened old pop songs on TV. Also, we may watch a movie or something.

Overall, pretty good.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Nobody said that except sarcastic Smash fans upset a cartoon game had better online. I'll gladly play Project M or Nick Brawl over Ultimate if I can help it.

I don't understand why people take Arlo seriously. Dude said there was nothing worth noting during those "bad Nintendo Directs" when Shin Megami Tensei games were being revealed. Dude even got memed about that beforehand.

That said, regardless of Arlo, Pokemon is still low tier as far as monster collectors go. I can fairly say so after having played Pokemon ever since RBY and have played both older and newer monster collectors and Pokemon fans aren't going to do anything about that other than cry.

Today i learned that Yokai watch has a competitive scene.

Pokemon fans are really hesitant to try other monster catching games and that hurts, Digimon Cyber sleuth is more fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom