• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I love how most SMT jokes are just bad game design stuff like Mot's bull**** and then you have "dance furiously".
I'm wondering how I'm gonna be able to handle Mot as I've been playing Nocturne since last week, after an hour of grinding on Merciful as that beefs up EXP significantly, I faced Matador only to find out that oops, he isn't weak to Zio spells like google told me.

osby

Smash Obsessed
For reference, every single joke Persona fans came up within the last 25 years:
  • dance crazy
  • motorcycle noises
  • grab your asses
  • burn my bread
  • cabbage
  • pancake
  • ???? lobsters???

I'm wondering how I'm gonna be able to handle Mot as I've been playing Nocturne since last week, after an hour of grinding on Merciful as that beefs up EXP significantly, I faced Matador only to find out that oops, he isn't weak to Zio spells like google told me.
Did you use Megami Tensei wiki? Because that site (and by proxy, anywhere that uses it as a source of reference) gets a lot of stuff wrong.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For reference, every single joke Persona fans came up within the last 25 years:
  • dance crazy
  • motorcycle noises
  • grab your asses
  • burn my bread
  • cabbage
  • pancake
  • ???? lobsters???

Did you use Megami Tensei wiki? Because that site (and by proxy, anywhere that uses it as a source of reference) gets a lot of stuff wrong.
It was the first result so probably. At least I know Mot's weak to electric **** so I won't **** up again lmao

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Everyone wears a mask, but which one’s real?

The one that hides your face?

Or the one that is your face?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So No Way Home footage leaked. And if not edited:
And complete surprise and shock of literally everyone, Andrew Garfield is in the movie. Which inplies that Tobey isalso in the movie.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Decided to try and listen to Secret Band's LP1 to see if I could stomach it this time. I could do a little more and found some more enjoyable parts. I even found Will Swan vocals post-Happiness. But Will Swan vocals post-Happiness sound like he's got something stuck in his throat so it's less enjoyable but it is what it is.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How

In the hell

Is there not a Pokémon episode called “Let Flygons be Flygons”
I think there's one called Let Bagons be Bagons. Don't know why this activated some ancient childhood memory of that episode, but it did. So close enough.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He REALLY liked the arcade game.

And somehow this Tron is mentally to the original data he was copied from, because when Sora goes to Tron legacy and meets that worlds Tron he remembers Sora despite this Tron not being the same as KH2 Tron.
Wait… I saw like a fraction of that movie, wasn’t Tron the bad guy in Tron: Legacy?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Just found out there's a remix of We Are in Super Smash Flash 2. Despite the lack of lyrics, it is a certified banger

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Some info on the new Chocobo Racing game. Looks like that one dude from FF9 and Vivi are in, I think. Looks like an alright title to me.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm appalled at our societies double standards. Carrying around a thing of Soda/Water/Coffee... that's acceptable, but when I show up with a quart of milk that's "weird".

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I need Black Cat in a live action movie (not Felicia Hardy only…I want her in the suit and full badass mode)
I do recall that Sony had plans to do a Black Cat and a Silver Sable live action movie in the works many years ago before it ended up being scrapped.

There had been speculation that it could end up being a tv series:

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Foul race:

1639490023413.png

“i’M Foul Kami Otoko. YoU lOoK nIcE eNoUgH tO bItE! HaAhaHaahA!

Alignment: Neutral-Chaos

Origin: Japanese urban legend. They are ghosts without a corporeal body who suddenly appear and bite humans for no reason. Their name means “biting man” but it is unknown whether they are male or not. Regular people cannot see them, only the unusual bite marks they leave on their bodies. Once someone is attacked they will hunt you down no matter how well hidden you are but they will not attack once you leave their territory.

Skills: Bestial Bite, Eat Whole, Dormina

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Drake race.

I’m pretty sure Kami Otoko are not traditional ghosts and are just an urban legend. Still, they have a pretty memorable, if simple design. Yeah, it’s a bunch of floating mouths with weirdly detailed lips, and it manages to be unsettling and creepy, nonetheless. I’ve always found the creature designs that consist of several disconnected pieces cool.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Foul race:

View attachment 340245

“i’M Foul Kami Otoko. YoU lOoK nIcE eNoUgH tO bItE! HaAhaHaahA!

Alignment: Neutral-Chaos

Origin: Japanese urban legend. They are ghosts without a corporeal body who suddenly appear and bite humans for no reason. Their name means “biting man” but it is unknown whether they are male or not. Regular people cannot see them, only the unusual bite marks they leave on their bodies. Once someone is attacked they will hunt you down no matter how well hidden you are but they will not attack once you leave their territory.

Skills: Bestial Bite, Eat Whole, Dormina

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Drake race.

I’m pretty sure Kami Otoko are not traditional ghosts and are just an urban legend. Still, they have a pretty memorable, if simple design. Yeah, it’s a bunch of floating mouths with weirdly detailed lips, and it manages to be unsettling and creepy, nonetheless. I’ve always found the creature designs that consist of several disconnected pieces cool.
Looks like the DQ mouth in those weird commercials with a body

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The poetic travesty that Kevin Feige wanted to make Inhumans but ended up being forced to replace them with Eternals and having them both turn out weaker than their respective sister products has to be some sort of cosmic prophecy or divine comedy right?
From what I know, Kevin Feige didn't want to make Inhumans - the main person pushing that was Ike Perlmutter (who wanted the Inhumans to replace the X-Men because Marvel had the movie rights to the Inhumans but not the X-Men), and the Inhumans movie was taken off of the schedule within a year of Perlmutter losing all say in the movie side of Marvel. (which is definitely for the best, since Perlmutter's seemingly the main reason why it took so long to get movies for Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Black Widow - a Black Widow solo movie definitely felt like something that should have came out in phase 2 or 3)

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Another drawing today. I decided to try my hand in one of those "Draw This In Your Style" pieces. I think I did alright.

Got more stuff lined up, so stay tuned!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly there's gonna be people who will upload videos regarding No Way Home spoilers. It's pretty unavoidable at this point.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I’ve honestly just stopped using the internet aside from here to avoid NWH spoilers after I was almost spoiled despite my blacklist attempts. Its giving me the opportunity to clear out my massive backlog of games, shows, and books.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Decent list, even if I think there's still a couple notable outliers not in yet. Nice to see a Lord of the Ring films finally make it

BUT WALL-E MAKING IT IN MAKES ME SO HAPPY Y'ALL HAVE NO IDEA.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Decent list, even if I think there's still a couple notable outliers. Nice to see a Lord of the Ring films final make it though

BUT WALL-E MAKING IT IN MAKES ME SO HAPPY Y'ALL HAVE NO IDEA.
Oh **** they inducted the ****in Talking Heads concert movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom