• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Actually since Noipoi's avatar has me thinking about Noivern, let's take a moment to appreciate its idle. It's actually one of the better flying types in this regard.

I love how there's a real sense of weight to each wing beat.
Besides Hilda (and Amphibia), what are your other favorite cartoons?
Avatar: The Last Air Bender, Gravity Falls, and Over the Garden Wall.

Tbh a lot of what I like about Amphibia is the things it has in common with GF and to a lesser extent A:TLA.

Big honorable mention to Phineas and Ferb. It doesn't have a lot of what usually draws me into a show but I still love it regardless.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Favorite cartoons eh?

Mine would be Hilda as mentioned above, The Angry Beavers, The Regular Show, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Godzilla: The Animated Series, as well as many others following like Beast Wars, Rick and Morty, Primal, TMNT (2003), and CatDog.

Overlooked ones would definitely be Street Sharks and Extreme Dinosaurs. So many folks have likely forgotten about those, unfortunately...

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Why did you end on such a cliffhanger!? You were a fun show, but AARRGHHH!!!!

Anyway, next on my watchlist will be Big Hero 6: the Series. I wonder why no one talks about this show?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh yeah I forgot to reply to this earlier.
I actually really love Hilda. It's probably in my Top 5 favorite cartoons right now.
So glad it's joining the ranks of quality over quantity with its 3rd and final season. I definitely have a good feeling they're gonna end it on a fine note given how the show has been.

Probably something like Hilda living between the wilderness and city or something.
Why did you end on such a cliffhanger!? You were a fun show, but AARRGHHH!!!!
Probably because it wasn't getting high ratings like Spongebob, Family Guy and The Simpsons.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Last edited:

Slime Master

Smash Ace
Thinking about some older Pokemon sprites.

Man I miss sprites like this one. It makes Rampardos look so powerful and dynamic.

Black and White having animated sprites was a great thing overall, but for some pokemon like Rampardos, it meant having a less interesting pose.

While Rampardos's gen 4 sprite looked amazing, it doesn't really work as part of a simple animation loop. This sprite animation just really fails to capture how powerful Rampardos is supposed to be compared to it's original sprite.

I feel pretty similar about Scyther.

In it's DP and FR/LG sprites it looks so swift and agile! At least it's crouched position in B/W still has a nice aesthetic to it, which kind of works since mantises are ambush predators.

But I will always hate how 3D Scyther just kind of hovers in place awkwardly. It doesn't look swift nor deadly in that pose.

I suppose there's an upside to older sprites leaving more of the movement up to the imagination. It's less immersive overall, but it does allow them to convey whatever movement they want.

But I will never forgive GF and TPC for drunk Archeops.

Sure, it's one of the more animated 3D models. But at what cost?

I suppose that's another reason to look forward to Legends Arceus. With the game being fully in real time, Pokemon will be allowed to move more freely and won't just be sitting around in one spot waiting for their turn. We're going to see a lot more lively animation and poses if the trailers are anything to go by. And Pokemon still tend to have really nice walk/run cycles which will be really nice to see in a game with a lot of open traversal.
Just do the DQ thing and make the mons pose like their official art even if it makes no sense:
1639445887907.png
1639445919049.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Boom Sonic needed a sword to stop bad guys, keep his boy band, and continue his feelings for Amy without anyone finding out

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Gura and Ame are playing Fortnite the night before a new Fortnite Patch is released

I'm not saying we are getting Hololive skins, but worse theories have been made on much less.
Nah, this is just Ame fulfilling an old stream idea: She wanted to stream Fortnite a little while ago but didn't have permission, so she had to cancel it. Looks like she got permission from management and brought Gura on.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I had/still have irl friends who were/are into Pokemon, but, my school banned electronic devices (like the DS) and Pokemon Cards.

So uh.. we had to get out Pokemon fix by... other means

We created our own Pokemon cards with index cards.
Those were the good old days of when I had the creativity to come up with that myself as well

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Nah, this is just Ame fulfilling an old stream idea: She wanted to stream Fortnite a little while ago but didn't have permission, so she had to cancel it. Looks like she got permission from management and brought Gura on.
I figured it was something simple like that.

But Like, What If?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I need Black Cat in a live action movie (not Felicia Hardy only…I want her in the suit and full badass mode)

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Some are speculating Amy has a new English VA, because I believe her old one confirmed she isn't voicing Amy anymore a while back.

Plus, Amy's Japanese VA confirmed it outright on Twitter saying the voice was her's before deleting the tweet.
I thought she just said she wasn’t returning to voice Amy in the upcoming Prime cartoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom