• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Decent list, even if I think there's still a couple notable outliers. Nice to see a Lord of the Ring films final make it though

BUT WALL-E MAKING IT IN MAKES ME SO HAPPY Y'ALL HAVE NO IDEA.
I will say, Wall-E of all Pixar films is quite an interesting pick.

Not saying it's bad, it's a fantastic film, but tbh I would think Finding Nemo would get picked before it

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gotten around to rewatching The Meg yesterday with my dad. Though I liked it, I still felt it could have been better. The megalodon doesn't really do that much and should've gone more out and definitely should've been R rated. Imagine the scene at the beach like in Piranha 3D but on a larger scale?

Filming for Meg 2: The Trench supposedly begins January so it'll probably be a 2023 release and word is it'll be R rated unlike its predecessor. Given its being adapted from the second book in The Meg series, I'm stoked for it because it'll be introducing kronosaurus. Pliosaurids have been long overdue to be shown on the big screen and should be killer creature flicks on them.

More the reason I'd love for Max Hawthorne's Kronos Rising books to become movies one day as well.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Decent list, even if I think there's still a couple notable outliers. Nice to see a Lord of the Ring films final make it though

Guess it’s time for me to rewatch Wall-E.
I always enjoyed that movie.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

So apparently, the first teaser of Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness premiered as one of the post credit scenes of No Way Home. Apparently if I am going to take a guess on who this What If? character is going to make a return, this could be between Supreme Strange or perhaps it could be Captain Carter in which there had been a report that Hayley Atwell is rumoured to be in the film. As for the Avenger, I have no idea who it is at this time.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Finally the best Star Wars film made it

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'd never expected The Watermelon Woman to make the cut but I'm happy it did. I don't think there are too many independent movies included in the registry.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I really want a Ratcatcher II and King Shark HBOMax series or solo movie. They're were basically the Rocket and Groot of The Suicide Squad.

Also want a Rocket & Groot solo film or Disney+ series but with James Gunn announcing Guardians 3 being his last Marvel and Guardians film, I feel such just won't feel the same honestly.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Reportedly we'll be getting the first trailer to Doctor Strange 2 before this year ends.

And based on a LEGO leak on the movie.

Shuma-Gorath is supposed to be the films main baddie.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Played a few fun games of Dead By Daylight this morning; it's kind of surreal to have Michael Myers from Halloween chasing Detective Tapp (Danny Glover's character) from Saw around the Raccoon City Police Department from Resident Evil 2, but I enjoyed myself (I intentionally picked Raccoon City because Myers has some add-ons that let him see through walls).

Not sure what to expect for the indie direct; I find that there aren't a ton of games that interest me in those. (one, maybe two if I'm lucky) I'm hoping for something like Guacamelee 3, or an update on the Switch versions of Slap City or Indie Pogo, but I doubt it.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

WALL-E LETS GOOOO

Also Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester kinda surprised that if the main baddie is who the leaks say it is, that Wanda isn't the main baddie. I heard ideas that she could lose her sanity and go after Strange, and given her personality and predicaments, I can see that happening.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Reportedly we'll be getting the first trailer to Doctor Strange 2 before this year ends.

And based on a LEGO leak on the movie.

Shuma-Gorath is supposed to be the films main baddie.
About that…
we already are seeing it. The trailer is the second post credit in Spider-Man

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
MCU spoilers.

Huh guess Doctor Strange 2 will after No Way Home then.

I was under the impression it was before given the synopsis states it being after Endgame, Loki Season 1 and Wandavision.
That wasn't Shuma-Gorath, the LEGO Art literally said that it was another character named Gargantos and is most likely not the main villain
Looked up the character. Apparently has ties to Homo mermanus, the inhabitants of Atlantis and Lemuria in the Marvel continuity. Could this be leading up to Namor? I recall he was kind of an enemy to Doctor Strange in the comics.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
MCU spoilers.

Looked up the character. Apparently has ties to Homo mermanus, the inhabitants of Atlantis and Lemuria in the Marvel continuity. Could this be leading up to Namor? I recall he was kind of an enemy to Doctor Strange in the comics.
Well, it looks like we will most likely see Atlantis and Namor make their MCU debut in Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever:

Noipoi

Howdy!

You can see all of your Switch activity from this year.
Supposedly I spent about two thousand less hours gaming this year.

Probably because I spent less time shiny hunting :4pacman:

And besides SwSh (shiny hunting) and Smash, the game I spent the most time on was Crash 4. Didn’t expect that. Probably because it was hard as hell.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

You can see all of your Switch activity from this year.
These were my most played games this year:

2021 switch hours.png

...I was kind of obsessed with Dragon Quest XI last year. (and that total doesn't even take the 8-10 hour demo into account!) Surprisingly, I didn't play the Switch much in July or August for some reason, which likely explains why this year's totals seem low compared to last year's. (I was mainly focused on Spider-Man for PS4, Metroid Zero Mission, and Psychonauts 2)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
List of the movies I'm certainly seeing in theaters. Every year starting next year and depending how COVID is in my city, gonna try to limit myself to 11 movies at most.

The Black Phone
The Batman
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
The Northman
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Top Gun: Maverick
Jurassic World: Dominion
Black Adam
Samaritan (Really enjoyed Overlord, no not the anime you might be thinking of, plus Sylvester Stallone who I really like)
Spider-Verse: Across the Multiverse Part 1
Untitled Mario movie (I'm just too curious to not see in theaters)

Will be notably those I'll be seeing in the theater for sure. Everything else like Operation Fortune, Moonfall, Turning Red, Bullet Train, The Bad Guys, The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent, DC League of Super-Pets, Thor: Love and Thunder, The Man from Toronto, Distant, The Flash, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, and Aquaman 2 I'll wait out on.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
guys help
i'm bleeding from my shoulder but i can't stop the bleeding

what do i do
don't ignore it's important

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Then again my mom might want to go see Aquaman 2 in theaters for if she comes back next Christmas to visit.

This will also depends on the circumstances on some of the movies I'll be watching next year that weren't on my list. Regardless the 11 I listed are ones I'm definitely seeing on the big screen.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
It didn't stop so I'm gonna lie down for 10 minutes without moving while covering the wound with a towel
If it doesn't stop soon I'm gonna have a problem

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man at this point, just may as well delay Black Panther: Wakanda Forever especially if T'Challa ends up recasted. It's a production of a mess.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Here's my stats for this year:
Xenoblade 2 #1 at 106 hours
Smash Ultimate at 82 hours
Xenoblade DE at 67 hours

Last year it was:
Smash Ultimate - 74 hours
Assassin's Creed Black Flag - 50 hours
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - 44 hours

Xenoblade 2 would be higher but everytime I try to play it my mind wanders and I end up thinking about the story and I get too emotional to play it. There's still so much I have to explore

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom