• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Kirby edging out Zelda in the poll. Kind of surprised about that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Kirby edging out Zelda in the poll. Kind of surprised about that.
I think it's because Kirby's doing something fresh and new for the series whereas we really don't know enough about BotW2, though that's likey to change next week
I'm gonna watch part of TGA's but I think I'll play it in the background this year. Probably gonna work on story stuff while I do it or watch anime.

I'll have class in the morning but Red Bull and a bacon sandwich does the trick.

Oh good.

Gonna have to go back to my questions.
If I remember my timezones right, TGA would be at 1am to 4am for you. Please don't ignore your sleep for a crap awards show, I don't see how it's worth it. That being said bacon sandwiches are delicious so keep that part of the plan lmao

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Not to call London or its country idiots at all, but I think it is idiotic that they are doing that. They must not be taking it seriously for some reason.
I agree that not all of the Londoners are stupid, but it really does concern me that these people (and some of the staff) do not realise wearing a mask and keeping social distance is vital at this critical point. It is no wonder why cases have been increasing as of lately and I really want to ask like you had said whether or not these people take this seriously?

I've said this here but there have been people up north here threatening staff out right. Saw a few today and one ******** about a made up rights act and all.

Still funnier cause Northern Ireland, people have been shouting that its religious segregation.
I'm surrounded by idiots in my community.
I remembered whilst I was waiting for a train, there was a woman who is exempt from wearing a mask due to special needs had an argument with someone in which she thought that wearing a mask throughout the London Underground was not a mandatory requirement (even though it is a mandatory requirement to wear one as confirmed by the UK government in which those who do not wear their mask could either be refused entry or face a fine.) I just wish this woman would show some respect to those who are wearing masks (including myself) within the station and not made such a hassle.

I'm just glad to be back home in Wales, where it is a lot different here than in London in which everyone complies with the guidelines of wearing a mask whenever they enter a shopping centre or store.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’ll have TGA on while I continue my Spider-Man Marathon. Me and my roommate are on Amazing 2.

That leaves the MCU movies, Venom 1 & 2, and Spiderverse in order of release.

Not expecting a whole lot from TGA hopefully so Zelda, and my pipe dream is Perfect Dark Gameplay.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

1638877517943.png

“I’m Holy Buraq. State your destination and we’ll be there before you can blink.”

Alignment: Neutral-Law

Origin: Islamic mythology. A creature that’s said to be the steed of certain prophets, most notably carrying Muhammad through his Night Journey where he ascended to the seventh heaven. His name means “lightning” or “bright”. He’s usually depicted as a white mount larger than a donkey but smaller than a mule; with long ears, wings on his tights, and a beautiful human face. Gabriel chastised him once for bucking when Muhammad tried to mount him.

Skills: Hama, Trafuri, Sukukaja, Heavy Blow

Next time you will meet a demon of the Tyrant race.

This is one of those designs that is crazy enough to work. On top of having most of Buraq’s lore-accurate traits, they just went and made him a turbo steed because they can. Still, mechanical flying horses are not uncommon in Islamic folklore and he was a common figure in children’s toys since the medieval ages so it’s not that big of a stretch. As far as I can tell, the peacock feathers and the crown maybe inspired by some illustrations but don't quote me on that. Buraq only ever appeared in a single proper title which is understandable but still a little shameful, I really like when MegaTen goes for deep cuts like this and he’s pretty cute.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Random question, but has anyone used Anime Ape to buy things?

There’s a pretty neat Umbreon sweater on there, it google info on the company brings a Reddit post up saying it bad from 4 years ago. But if it was a scams site, it probably wouldn’t still be around. There’s also enough pictures of people who purchased things from there in the review section.

And compared to other sites I looked into, it had a 77 in terms of seeming legit out of 100. Which is suppose to be a good thing. But then none of their products had reviews that I looked at on the site.

The better bureau also only has six complaints listed from the site, 3 of which have been resolved these past few years.

So I’m confused, any input would be great!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Reminder y'all three years since Ultimate's release.

What are everyone's still overall thoughts on the game in terms of gameplay, modes and roster?

Jondolio

Smash Hero

What are everyone's still overall thoughts on the game in terms of gameplay, modes and roster?
Roster is amazing even if Incineroar is doodoo caca

Gameplay is the best in the series imo and i can't go back to the previous games

Modes are ehhhhh

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Modes are ehhhhh
Definitely my biggest criticism though it's understandable given the roster. Probably not happening but here's to hoping for an Ultimate Deluxe version with more added modes like Break the Targets, Boss Rush, Smash Run and such.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Just watched the music video for Love on the Brain by Rihanna and couldn't help but notice

Given her attire, did she predict SMT V? :4pacman: :4pacman: :4pacman: :4pacman:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Gameplay is the best in the series, imo. Not too fast, not too slow, and has a lot of balance among the cast.

Modes are pretty meh but World of Light was a pretty enjoyable experience for me so I'm willing to give it a pass.

The roster is great, even with a few notable characters missing. It's big enough that I can just ignore the ones I don't like. You know who you are.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, looks like we got a Gen 5 hater in here. Boo him
oh…oh well…gotta get that Pika points
So none of them.
no Pikachu…or at least Pichu = no needs
I’ll have TGA on while I continue my Spider-Man Marathon. Me and my roommate are on Amazing 2.

That leaves the MCU movies, Venom 1 & 2, and Spiderverse in order of release.

Not expecting a whole lot from TGA hopefully so Zelda, and my pipe dream is Perfect Dark Gameplay.
I’ll be starting the TASM series today, while continuing to watch the 94 Spider-Man series. After that I’ll just have the MCU and Spider-Verse movies, while getting to savor Spectacular Spider-Man and the Insomniac games.

skipping out on Venom since I did his part back in October

Noipoi

Howdy!

Gameplay

****in rad

Modes

Pretty fun, but not incredible

Roster

An incredible mix of fan favorites and newer Nintendo characters. Ridley, K Rool, Banjo, Steve, Sephiroth, Sora, this ****’s dope as ****.

Except for Byleth that was pretty lame. But y’know, 22/23 ain’t bad.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Don't be hard on them, it's the only licensed song they could afford literally
Well, that actually does makes sense, given the budget Nick gave em', haha. Just a tad surprised they don't use more like, music from the game or something like that.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Did they give him Fox/Falco down air? Lmao.

Not going to make me buy the game but it's still cool to see him there.
He about to be top tier with that lol.
Lame that the bulk of the trailer is just a recap.
Garfield was to powerful to take up the whole trailer.
Garfield, eh? Looks pretty good.

And being free is a big surprise.
It’s because he was planned for base game alongside Shredder who will also be free. No word on if DLC past that will be free though.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I like how I thought Garfield and Friends' run on Nick helped justify adding him before he got an actual Nicktoon...
...and the first thing you see of him is him with his top hat and cane from its openings.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I like how I thought Garfield and Friends' run on Nick helped justify adding him before he got an actual Nicktoon...
...and the first thing you see of him is him with his top hat and cane from its openings.
My aunt had an old dvd of this show.

Loved it. The theme song is super nostalgic for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom