• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Assuming it doesn't see a delay, my most anticipated game for next year is the Dead Space remake.

Been waiting forever to see the series make a comeback and the developers at Motive Studios seem very passionate about the project and have already shared some promising alpha footage, so I'm fairly optimistic even if Visceral Games is no longer behind it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Splatoon, BotW2, Legends Arceus, Kirby, and Sonic are the big ones for me.

I'm a sucker, so I'll enjoy Sonic regardless if it stinks or not. :drshrug:

that said pls be good
Yooo I forgot about BOTW2

Honestly while I am hype for it, I don’t find myself thinking about it that much lol

I’m sure that’ll change soon enough.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, regardless of what quality some past Sonic games have been, I think some people confuse average with bad. I mean, average is not that good, but it is not necessarily bad, either. Sure, Sonic games can do better, but some fans seem to confuse average with bad, when it is not necessarily so.

I also needed to get that off my chest.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Hmmm should I do want I think I should do before I go to bed.

Also I might post something here but my drink is being spoiled a bit now here.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well, regardless of what quality some past Sonic games have been, I think some people confuse average with bad. I mean, average is not that good, but it is not necessarily bad, either. Sure, Sonic games can do better, but some fans seem to confuse average with bad, when it is not necessarily so.

I get what you're saying.

Like, Forces was a pretty mediocre game all things considered...but damn if it didn't feel like hot garbage coming right off Mania.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I definitely agree with you there, but I feel as if the issue is that every Sonic game that came out in the last decade, with the exception of like 3, have been slightly below average at best and unplayable at worse. And it really sucks seeing the series struggle trying to put out a product that's actually good, especially when you get a couple of tastes of what a great game feels like

Shroob

Sup?
Hey y'all

I haven't been on a whole lot these last few days.

Last night, my Grandma was rushed to the ER and put in critical care.

Her cancer spread at an exponential speed, and she's only got a few days left.

I'm not taking this well at all.... it's like.... it's soo hard.... She's still such a fighter like she's always been, still as feisty as ever, but.... she doesn't have much time left.

I feel soo hopeless right now knowing there's nothing I can do to save her.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey y'all

I'm not taking this well at all.... it's like.... it's soo hard.... She's still such a fighter like she's always been, still as feisty as ever, but.... she doesn't have much time left.

I am sorry to hear that, Shroob. You have my support.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Working nicely with Sony on merging Venom with Spider-Man is great
Well according to a rumored post-credits in No Way Home.

Venom and Eddie are at a bar talking about how awesome it'll be teaming up with the heroes of the MCUverse only to be dragged back to their universe but not before leaving behind a piece of a symbiote which will supposedly lead to a Venom Arc for Tom Holland.

So much for Sony Venom actually meeting Tom Holland Spidey or being part of the MCU for that matter...:laugh:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hey y'all

It's okay Shroob, and that truly is painful watching a loved one die. I'm sure your grandma will fovever know just how much you loved her. Take your time, and let every last minute with her letting her know how much you appreciated her.

HyperSomari64

Smash Champion
Imagine a Super Mario Warriors, but it's a reskin of Buddy Mission Bond with awkwardly-implemented Mario and Dynasty Warriors mechanics

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey y'all

That’s awful to hear, man.

Take all the time you need, don’t even worry about it. And if you wanna talk I’m here.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Hey y'all

My condolences, man.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hey y'all

My condolences. Take all the time you need

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hey y'all

I am so sorry to hear this. Know that I have the situation, you, and your family in my prayers. I'm really, really sorry you're all going through this. :(

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Hey y'all

My condolences, I am sorry you have to go through that.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Hey y'all

Last night, my Grandma was rushed to the ER and put in critical care. Condolences.

I lost my grandad to the same thing last year, sorry you two have to go through that man.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey y'all

I’m sorry to hear that. I know it sucks that it happened out of nowhere, but at least you can still talk to her and she’s still her self. I’ve had my one Grandma pass away a few years back. She had parkastins and for most of my life, when I was older, she was never able to talk at all really only muttering things and only somewhat aware of things.which always sucked, since I don’t even remember anything of her from my childhood. So I hope you can still spend some time talking and I send my condolences to you and your family. Always here if you want to talk.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So managed to do some story work tonight and led into over time.

It's been three years to the day Smash Ultimate came out and now two years since I joined. However it's not the evening or late afternoon of the 7th over here yet so I'll do a post then.

Hey y'all

I know that pain and it hurts so much the first time you feel it. Losing my pet was the first time and it comes like a bad dream or you can't sleep. It is horrible.

I hope you and the family pull through there.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Hey y'all

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said, but I'm sorry that you're faced with this situation, and I hope that you're able to make the most of the time you have left with her.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So not the most of interesting to show but was reminded today that it's been 20 years since Ico came out.

View attachment 339671

Tagging @Wademan94 cause fellow writer friend but this game is probably the most important piece of fiction to me (on par with Kino's Journey) when it comes to inspiration. About half of the stories I'm working on can link it's DNA to me playing this one bored summer seven years ago.

It's minimalist aesthetic, music, gameplay (hasn't aged too well), characters and a world where YOU had to fill in the blanks. I owe it to the last point for helping my creativity. Might replay The Last Guardian now despite it's issues.
Obscene! That looks like something my eyes want to see. Change It!

Now THAT'S a special game :yoshi:

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Hey y'all

I feel so bad, man. That must be really hard for you to go through. You have all my condolences and my support.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hey y'all

My condolences. I pray everything will be okay.

Shroob

Sup?
Thanks y'all

I can't even begin to count how many times I've cried today.

That woman raised me. She's always been the strongest woman I know, full of life, strength and spunk... and while she still has spunk, seeing her soo frail and thin just

It hurts me in a way that I've never felt before.

The worst part is just

Not knowing what'll happen next

Where do we go from here

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well according to a rumored post-credits in No Way Home.

Venom and Eddie are at a bar talking about how awesome it'll be teaming up with the heroes of the MCUverse only to be dragged back to their universe but not before leaving behind a piece of a symbiote which will supposedly lead to a Venom Arc for Tom Holland.

So much for Sony Venom actually meeting Tom Holland Spidey or being part of the MCU for that matter...:laugh:
I mean,
"You look at the obvious comic connotations between Venom and Spider-Man and it is inherent. So the minute Sony made their Venom movie and it worked as well as it did, and Tom Hardy became as iconic as he has become as Venom, then the obvious question is then, 'How do we start to merge them?'"
They’re doing it. It just might not be the way we expect. Then again rumors for post credit scenes are as often wrong as they are right. Actually, they are more often wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom