• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Too bad I'll have to miss the VGA on Thursday as I have work.

Someone tag me if any of the following gets revealed.

God of War: Ragnarok release date
Maneater sequel featuring a playable crocodie
Legendary MonsterVerse action-adventure game/Godzilla fighting game

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean,
"You look at the obvious comic connotations between Venom and Spider-Man and it is inherent. So the minute Sony made their Venom movie and it worked as well as it did, and Tom Hardy became as iconic as he has become as Venom, then the obvious question is then, 'How do we start to merge them?'"
They’re doing it. It just might not be the way we expect. Then again rumors for post credit scenes are as often wrong as they are right. Actually, they are more often wrong.
it makes you wonder if Kraven gets to be apart of this or not…and what Morbius is doing in the first place

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Thanks y'all

I can't even begin to count how many times I've cried today.

That woman raised me. She's always been the strongest woman I know, full of life, strength and spunk... and while she still has spunk, seeing her soo frail and thin just

It hurts me in a way that I've never felt before.

The worst part is just

Not knowing what'll happen next

Where do we go from here
That's a question for time itself to answer.

I know it's cheesy and tired, but time is the best healer. Live the rest of your life the way your grandma would want you too, I promise you've already made her proud and will continue to do so even after passing.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
it makes you wonder if Kraven gets to be apart of this or not…and what Morbius is doing in the first place
It’s clear there’s some kind of plan going on here with Venom appearing, in some way, in No Way Home. Add that on top of Vulture appearing in the first Morbius trailer it seems to imply that Morbius takes place in the MCU to begin with, aside from the rumored end credits above there’s another rumored one that was a scene where Peter walks in to apply for an internship at the Bugle with Betty introducing him and then a voice behind him saying “Hello, Peter” to turn around and see Hardy’s Eddie Brock. I dunno. We’ll see how it goes but I think Venom has made enough of a name in his own movies to warrant Marvel’s interest in a crossover.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Fun Fact: Adam Sandler loved Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) so much he actually called Jim Carrey to praise him for his performance as Dr. Robotik.

The two have apparently interacted in some way.

Still wish we would have gotten a buddy-comedy movie between them back in the 2000s...Jim Carrey being the physical humor and Adam Sandler being the sarcasm. It would of been gold!

I mean theoretically, it could still happen but I feel it wouldn't work as great today as it could have in the 2000s.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Fun Fact: Adam Sandler loved Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) so much he actually called Jim Carrey to praise him for his performance as Dr. Robotik.

The two have apparently interacted in some way.

Still wish we would have gotten a buddy-comedy movie between them back in the 2000s...Jim Carrey being the physical humor and Adam Sandler being the sarcasm. It would of been gold!

I mean theoretically, it could still happen but I feel it wouldn't work as great today as it could have in the 2000s.
This is how we get Sandler as Metal Sonic

KillerCage

Smash Master
Too bad I'll have to miss the VGA on Thursday as I have work.

Someone tag me if any of the following gets revealed.

God of War: Ragnarok release date
Maneater sequel featuring a playable crocodie
Legendary MonsterVerse action-adventure game/Godzilla fighting game
This Thursday?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm gonna do the TGAs a bit differently.

This time, I'll actually be doing something else while the awards air so I don't waste a whole 3 hours of nothing. I'll put the awards in background.

I knkw. ****ing crazy
Man I’m not even gonna watch it lol

I’ll just catch up with the trailers once it’s done and see if anything interests me. And see if Metroid Dread won anything.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Man I’m not even gonna watch it lol

I’ll just catch up with the trailers once it’s done and see if anything interests me. And see if Metroid Dread won anything.
Honestly, that sounds like the move.

I don't got Next Gen so I can't really play any of the cool ****, Smash is done, and I highly doubt Pokemon will be there since they usually hold their own conferences. So it's just gonna boil down to Zelda and Splatoon for me.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It’s clear there’s some kind of plan going on here with Venom appearing, in some way, in No Way Home. Add that on top of Vulture appearing in the first Morbius trailer it seems to imply that Morbius takes place in the MCU to begin with, aside from the rumored end credits above there’s another rumored one that was a scene where Peter walks in to apply for an internship at the Bugle with Betty introducing him and then a voice behind him saying “Hello, Peter” to turn around and see Hardy’s Eddie Brock. I dunno. We’ll see how it goes but I think Venom has made enough of a name in his own movies to warrant Marvel’s interest in a crossover.
yeah. Despite the mixed reception from critics and mostly positive fan reaction for LTBC, Venom did prove that he’s a big name without Parker involved, and should definitely be used in the MCU in as many ways as possible.

and with Morbius, they could end up doing a Midnight Sons/Marvel Knights type deal

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Smash Wii U is 7 years old and Ultimate turns 3 in many timezones.
Yep, hard to believe the Wii U game is 7 years old now…
To commemorate Ultimates 3rd Anniversary Nintendo Japan put out an article containing a retrospective of all the reveal trailers from both Smash 4 and Ultimate.

It also includes comments from Sakurai regarding each trailer. Note that it’s only in Japanese and trying to use Google translate on it is a bit of a mess. But for those who are braver than me, you can check out that article here.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
can’t wait for NASB to reveal Garfield or Shredder if they don’t pick someone who hasn’t been the most recent character slots in the game
then I can play for a short bit more

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good morning my gamers
Hey y'all

I haven't been on a whole lot these last few days.

Last night, my Grandma was rushed to the ER and put in critical care.

Her cancer spread at an exponential speed, and she's only got a few days left.

I'm not taking this well at all.... it's like.... it's soo hard.... She's still such a fighter like she's always been, still as feisty as ever, but.... she doesn't have much time left.

I feel soo hopeless right now knowing there's nothing I can do to save her.
I'm sorry Shroob. Take all the time you need.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm gonna watch part of TGA's but I think I'll play it in the background this year. Probably gonna work on story stuff while I do it or watch anime.

I'll have class in the morning but Red Bull and a bacon sandwich does the trick.

Yup, I am available!
Oh good.

Gonna have to go back to my questions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom