• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As I said, I love boost. I just understand why it's always divided people.

Adventure was more the universally liked formula because it was way more focused on platforming, with a lot of the speed sections being automated or just straight shots. Boost is more like a line of obstacle courses with some 2D platforming thrown in on the side, and I can see why that ain't everyone's cup of tea.
Yeah, I know. Speaking of boost, and the Adventure formula, I think they can be mixed to create a good formula, if done right.

Also, I don't think people should have been divided by the boost. Maybe by a little, but still, it is not really that bad. It might be in my eyes only, but still...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Anyway, while we have barely any info about any of the new Sonic games, about Frontiers in particular, I can still tell for some reason that Sega is confident in Sonic Frontiers.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Anyway, while we have barely any info about any of the new Sonic games, about Frontiers in particular, I can still tell for some reason that Sega is confident in Sonic Frontiers.
Not to say that I think anything negative about this new game's chances (I'm probably one of the more positive sorts you'll find on it, lol), I wouldn't think too hard on the marketing. Most companies will say the new game is the best one yet because, well...You never want people to think it won't be, lol.

Just gotta wait and see. I'm hopeful that at absolute worst it's gonna be decent.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not to say that I think anything negative about this new game's chances (I'm probably one of the more positive sorts you'll find on it, lol), I wouldn't think too hard on the marketing. Most companies will say the new game is the best one yet because, well...You never want people to think it won't be, lol.

Just gotta wait and see. I'm hopeful that at absolute worst it's gonna be decent.
Yeah, I know. It was just a gut feeling.

And I don't really trust it that much.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
I don't have any hopes for that open world Sonic game. Sonic Team doesn't care to put any effort into the franchise anymore. They pawned off a remaster of the first well recieved game they had in half a decade to some 3rd party studio and ended up with a bug filled mess that rivaled Sonic 06 and Rise of Lyric. Forces was trash that tried to please everyone in the fanbase they fractured and ended up pleasing nobody. The last good Sonic game wasn't even made by Sonic Team.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We probably could expect DLC for Nick All-Stars Brawl announced, both Garfield and Shredder.

Maybe more news on Multiversus like more character announcements.
don’t think much will be announced dlc wise after tomorrow…as much as I’d like that to be so

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It’s definitely the ten rings show that was rumored around the same time as the Agatha show that has now been confirmed.
I do believe that the Ten Rings show is more than likely considering that it had been within the rumour circle for a while. I also recall that there were murmurs of an "Agents of Atlas" Disney+ show in the works too, but I am not entirely sure whether this is true or not. But I guess we'll wait and see what comes up within the future.

Well, crap omicron is here in my city.

Just keep taking the proper precautions is all I can keep doing. Until then keep living life.
Stay safe and take the neccessary precautions required.

When I was in London a few days ago, I was absoulutely terrified when I saw a load of people not complying with the regulations set by the UK government in which wearing a mask is required when entering a store and shopping centre as well as social distancing.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I do believe that the Ten Rings show is more than likely considering that it had been within the rumour circle for a while. I also recall that there were murmurs of an "Agents of Atlas" Disney+ show in the works too, but I am not entirely sure whether this is true or not. But I guess we'll wait and see what comes up within the future.

Stay safe and take the neccessary precautions required.

When I was in London a few days ago, I was absoulutely terrified when I saw a load of people not complying with the regulations set by the UK government in which wearing a mask is required when entering a store and shopping centre as well as social distancing.
Not to call London or its country idiots at all, but I think it is idiotic that they are doing that. They must not be taking it seriously for some reason.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've said this here but there have been people up north here threatening staff out right. Saw a few today and one ******** about a made up rights act and all.

Still funnier cause Northern Ireland, people have been shouting that its religious segregation.
I'm surrounded by idiots in my community.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I don't have any hopes for that open world Sonic game. Sonic Team doesn't care to put any effort into the franchise anymore. They pawned off a remaster of the first well recieved game they had in half a decade to some 3rd party studio and ended up with a bug filled mess that rivaled Sonic 06 and Rise of Lyric. Forces was trash that tried to please everyone in the fanbase they fractured and ended up pleasing nobody. The last good Sonic game wasn't even made by Sonic Team.
What are you talking about, Black knight was a Sonic team game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Not to say Sega's never been at fault, but personally, about Sonic games, despite how gameplay trailers may be in terms of being convincing, people have overhyped themselves and bought into the gameplay of such trailers without using good judgement or thinking. So I think that it is their fault in a way that they end up getting disappointed in Sonic games by trusting Sega too much when they shouldn't in the first place. In a way, that is, as in not completely their fault, but still...

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I’m glad Marvel movies are branching out into more stuff. Working nicely with Sony on merging Venom with Spider-Man is great, Daredevil is confirmed returning with Charlie Cox, Deadpool 3 will probably be the first Rated-R MCU movie, and Blade got ****ING MAHERSHALA ALI and will likely also be Rated-R and will most certainly be the best Blade move yet? Hell YES.

It’s a great time for Marvel to spread its wings and I am here for it. The Blade movie specifically is a match made in heaven that I’m shocked they were able to make happen. Brownie points if they get Wesley Snipes to play this versions Whistler.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Not to say Sega's never been at fault, but personally, about Sonic games, despite how gameplay trailers may be in terms of being convincing, people have overhyped themselves and bought into the gameplay of such trailers without using good judgement or thinking. So I think that it is their fault in a way that they end up getting disappointed in Sonic games by trusting Sega too much when they shouldn't in the first place. In a way, that is, as in not completely their fault, but still...
I just want a Sonic game that's actually cohesive and playable. Aside from Mania, the last they've done so was with Generations, a game over a decade old.

Yeah, that's right, Generations is 10 years old as of November 1st.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just want a Sonic game that's actually cohesive and playable. Aside from Mania, the last they've done so was with Generations, a game over a decade old.

Not saying I blamed you. There are some people who do this, but some other who do can be more understandable. I mean, Sega still has a role in all this.

Anyway, I just wanted to get what I said above off my chest.

Noipoi

Howdy!

It’s 2011

I’m ten years old

I’ve finally finished Sonic Colors after months of trying

Had the time of my life

See new Sonic game coming out

It looks ****in rad

Ask mom if we can get it

2B5AA05C-ED0A-476B-A9C1-4182AFB95F7C.jpeg

We only have a Wii

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm not much of a Sonic fan but from what I've seen, a lot of the modern Sonic games look like they could be decent games if they were actually polished. I've noticed a trend where ever since Sonic 06 the games have all sorts of technical issues, from framerate dips to really noticeable glitches that take you out of the game. You'd think Sega would treat its number one property with care, but they haven't, and to be frank they are very lucky Sonic is still as popular as he is. With the kind of track record the series has, most other video games series would have perished a while ago. Legit all they needed to do was give the games another 4 or so months in the oven and all would have been good.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
My most anticipated game of 2022 so far is Kirby. I'm happy for the series that it finally took the dive into 3D and I look forward to seeing how they take advantage of that aspect.

However I also have a feeling that Xenoblade 3 is a safe bet for next year. If so, that is hands down the thing I'm most excited for above everything else in life.

Oh yeah, I also am looking forward to Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga. Although I'm a bit concerned. The game has gotten delayed a lot and judging from what the developers have said on social media, it sounds like they bit off way more than they could chew. Hopefully they take their time and maybe this will be one of the few games that went through development hell and still had a decent launch. I dealt with some annoying glitches in Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens so hopefully that won't happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom