• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
While we're on the topic, here's something I'd like to vent about that I don't think I ever spoke out about. Once my brother joined the forums, a mod banned me because they thought he was my alt. And they asked to see a photo of our birth certificates as proof that we were related. Imagine if that was some impressionable teen in my place instead, they could've totally given away that confidential info. Plus, it's just a "guilty until proven innocent" mindset overall, which I don't like. It took roughly a week to get resolved, if I recall correctly.

I'm not tryin' to **** on the mod team as a whole, cause asking for my birth certificate was a singular mod's fault, but this kinda leads me to think that the mods don't have a set in stone answer to "How do we prove someone isn't an alt?" It isn't an easy answer, sure, but asking for my birth certificate sure ain't it.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I dunno the full context of the post, obviously, but yeah, that sounds uh- a bit dumb. Stuff like that is what gives me the impression that mods just act independently of each other, and have very loose guidelines on what's ban-worthy, infraction-worthy, etc. For example, about one or two years ago, I kept getting hounded with bans and infractions by a single mod. But when I talked to another mod about it, he said that all of the reasons I was infracted and banned (Forgetting about the 10 character limit for posts, accidentally double-posting, etc.) I shouldn't have been penalized for. Heck, I'm pretty sure I still have a permanent infraction from when that mod was hounding me. And the MOMENT they left the mod team, I stopped getting those infractions and bans. It's like each mod has their own set of "moderation morals" and it's just creating loads of inconsistency.

Honestly wouldn't even be surprised if the mod who was infracting me thought they were handing out warnings instead of infractions or something like that. I'd just love to get that permanent infraction removed, but eh. Doubt the admin team would listen to me, haha.
Yeah, that seems likely. I don't wanna name names but there is a certain mod who seems a bit trigger happy when it comes to handing out infractions, and they are one of the mods I had to call out in order to reverse one of my warnings.
I shouldnt be laughing at this like I am right now

Who the hell is Steve Jobs?
Now laugh harder
These Nuts

dezeray112

Smash Hero
After the success of Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings, it has been confirmed that Destin Daniel Cretton will return to direct the sequel and a show for Disney+:

For the Disney+ show, I could see them most likely do a spin-off of the Ten Rings under the guidance of Xialing or perhaps one based upon the history of Wen-Wu. I do hope someday they will do an Agents of Atlas show.

osby

Smash Obsessed
After the success of Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings, it has been confirmed that Destin Daniel Cretton will return to direct the sequel and a show for Disney+:

For the Disney+ show, I could see them most likely do a spin-off of the Ten Rings under the guidance of Xialing or perhaps one based upon the history of Wen-Wu. I do hope someday they will do an Agents of Atlas show.
A sequel is a great news, even if it's not super surprising. They still have so much stuff they can do with the characters, especially after the first one's after-credits scene.

Not sure how they'd handle the show but maybe it could be a way to give us both a big, cinematic action movie and a more character-focused and grounded series.

Noipoi

Howdy!
**** yeah gimme Sonic news

I’m ready to hope it’ll be good only to slowly resign myself to the reality that it sucks for like, the fifth time :nifty:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, crap omicron is here in my city.

Just keep taking the proper precautions is all I can keep doing. Until then keep living life.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
They better bring Zavok back if they want my money.

...okay, I got this out of my system, now I can find new jokes.
The new game is completely worthless if they don't bring back the Chao Garden, just sayin.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
New Sonic? Hope it’s Mania 2 or something like Colors. Either way, this is neat. Keeping the standard cautious optimism that everyone has too when Sonic is brought up.

As for the Game Awards, I dreamt the reveal would be a Mother Trilogy. It isn’t gonna be that, but I am also really adamant that Reverse Psychology works.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Listen if one user has had mods repeatedly shut down conversations or takes they have;

Then it’s pretty clear the problem doesn’t lie with the threads responses, but the origin of discussion.

By saying move on with no actual reprimand, you just encourage and support that kind of behavior rather than stop it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

It’s definitely the ten rings show that was rumored around the same time as the Agatha show that has now been confirmed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Shang-Chi I thought was an ok film at best. Not as groundbreaking people made it out to be.

There are plenty of martial arts, karate and kung-fu films miles better than it. IMO at least.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It still might exist but I think the rumors were related to this crossover:

CROSS IS CROSS I'LL TAKE IT

I think the remaster still exists, it was in the Nvida datamine. Plus, this crossover makes it seem even more likely something is happening with Cross, as it would be very weird to promote a game that doesn't have a modern rerelease.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Huh so next Death Battle is

Saitama vs. Popeye

Giving it to Popeye, crazy feats due to toon force and logic thrown out.

Still have lost interest in the web show, just wanted to share this for those who does watch it and might find this finale exciting and hype.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom