• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 339662View attachment 339663
Before I go to bed, I just wanna say that the slander and hatred that Pokemon fans have for these two characters is beyond forced. Literally no other champion gets slandered as much as these two even though they do even less in their respective games.

And I'm not saying there's foul play, but there is a common demonimator here 🤔🤔🤔
It’s cuz they both use Haxorus

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
after going through his missions in the Avengers game, I honestly wanna see more Spidey/Widow stuff in future content. Chemistry is pretty good yet not fully explored

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Before I go to bed, I just wanna say that the slander and hatred that Pokemon fans have for these two characters is beyond forced. Literally no other champion gets slandered as much as these two even though they do even less in their respective games.

And I'm not saying there's foul play, but there is a common demonimator here 🤔🤔🤔
Leon is one of the best champions honestly. Really outgoing personality, cool design, brings a lot of hype to the stadium fights, pretty sweet team.

Iris was terrible in the anime, but she was a cool champion fight. My favorite champion theme and I love her room design. It was a pretty great fight to go through the first time.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Leon is one of the best champions honestly. Really outgoing personality, cool design, brings a lot of hype to the stadium fights, pretty sweet team.

Iris was terrible in the anime, but she was a cool champion fight. My favorite champion theme and I love her room design. It was a pretty great fight to go through the first time.
is now the part where I say that I actually liked Anime Iris?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

To be honest, I didn't realize these two were hated, especially Leon. He seems like he's been the most popular champion since Cynthia & Steven. Iris I don't think is popular, but not unpopular either.

Would have assumed that any hate was an extension of Gen 8/Charizard overuse hate and the mixed feelings of the Gen 5 era of the anime/a 10-12 year old becoming champion? Not in my Pokemon game! Ironically Pokemon Masters based an entire event on how Iris is the youngest champion. lol

People being idiots. What are you going to do? smh

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Tbh, I'd burn down everything and end it all at that point. No traces left
between his flings and crushes with Gwen, Kamala, and Vulture’s granddaughter…Miles is quite a stable kid

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
There's another surprise character who shows up in NWH, they're not a particularly well hidden secret but Tobey and Andrew have taken over so much of the conversation the other character kinda snuck through the creacks.
Eddie Brock from the recent Venom movies?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So not the most of interesting to show but was reminded today that it's been 20 years since Ico came out.

1638795550875.png

Tagging Wademan94 Wademan94 cause fellow writer friend but this game is probably the most important piece of fiction to me (on par with Kino's Journey) when it comes to inspiration. About half of the stories I'm working on can link it's DNA to me playing this one bored summer seven years ago.

It's minimalist aesthetic, music, gameplay (hasn't aged too well), characters and a world where YOU had to fill in the blanks. I owe it to the last point for helping my creativity. Might replay The Last Guardian now despite it's issues.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Oh yeah I completely forgot to mention but I had a dream where I found out Undertale was based on a 1928 novel by the same name

My dreams are weird and yet they always feel super realistic

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh yeah I completely forgot to mention but I had a dream where I found out Undertale was based on a 1928 novel by the same name

My dreams are weird and yet they always feel super realistic
The novel Orlando was also published in 1928. Coincidence?

Yeah, probably.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I hate iris because she was annoying in the anime

They hate her because she is darkskined and doesnt have boobs

We aren't the same

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The novel Orlando was also published in 1928. Coincidence?

Yeah, probably.
okay but in my weird dream universe undertale was like a real super obscure 1928 gothic horror novel that was basically completely different from the game which was essentially a "tumblrized" version of the book (it was also better than the book)

it was so weird and i can't get that thought out of my head even though i know it's not real and i really really really need someone else to weigh in on this

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
okay but in my weird dream universe undertale was like a real super obscure 1928 gothic horror novel that was basically completely different from the game which was essentially a "tumblrized" version of the book (it was also better than the book)

it was so weird and i can't get that thought out of my head even though i know it's not real and i really really really need someone else to weigh in on this
I never played Undertale but maybe you were just thinking about another gothic horror thing that week and your brain just mashed them together?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I never played Undertale but maybe you were just thinking about another gothic horror thing that week and your brain just mashed them together?
I literally never think about gothic horror novels

Heck I didn't even think about Undertale this week as far as I can remember

osby

Smash Obsessed
I literally never think about gothic horror novels

Heck I didn't even think about Undertale this week as far as I can remember
Then it's probably the curse of online prophecy and Toby Fox is going to reveal some weird **** at Deltarune Chapter 3 announcement.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Also, I'm seeing a lot of trash ass takes on comic/superhero Twitter is slandering the hell out of Miles Morales. Takes saying that Miles will never be as good as Peter, he's not and will never be Spider-Man, he shouldn't have his own series, etc.

I hate nerds.
They're just mad because the one movie Miles starred in was already better than any movie starring Peter Parker. That's just a fact

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, I'm seeing a lot of trash ass takes on comic/superhero Twitter is slandering the hell out of Miles Morales. Takes saying that Miles will never be as good as Peter, he's not and will never be Spider-Man, he shouldn't have his own series, etc.

I hate nerds.
When you're a legacy character and not a white straight guy, that fans either hate and gatekeep you or use you as a token good example to hate and gatekeep other characters.

Pick your poison.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They're just mad because the one movie Miles starred in was already better than any movie starring Peter Parker. That's just a fact
When you're a legacy character and not a white straight guy, that fans either hate and gatekeep you or use you as a token good example to hate and gatekeep other characters.

Pick your poison.
Comic Book nerds when they get something that's not the 1000000 gazillioth "super hot white guy beats up super-evil white guy and gets super hot white girl" story
1b6.png

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I think in the case of Iris it's just because she's annoying in the anime.

The other guy is because he's a Charizard main.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, on a lighter note:

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

1638801341875.png

“I’m Yoma Alraune. Let’s get along for now, okaaaay? Heeheehee.”

Alignment: Dark-Neutral

Origin: European mythology. The German word for “mandrake” and a specific subtype of that demon. Said to be born from the spilled semen or blood from men hanged in the gallows. After earth drains dying men’s final strengths, a cursed plant grows from it. This plant is used in love potions and its fruits can make women pregnant. Witches who give birth after using such methods produce offspring with no soul, which is also called Alraune.

Skills: Madness Needle, Media, Sexy Dance

Next time you will meet a demon of the Holy race.

Alraune is a fictional character, being the titular character from one of Hanns Heinz Ewers’s books, but has her roots (pun intended) firmly in folklore. Her look is as classic sexy demoness as you can get but it’s still a functional design. She is supposed to be enchantingly beautiful, after all. The one thing I like is how she looks like she’s coming out from the rose, along with the way her hair covers her eyes. Her common abilities include healing, charming, and life draining.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
and gets super hot white girl" story
I mean, that part's right for Miles Morales

Superhero nerds are weird, like, Power Rangers has a lot of racist fans despite being about diversity and the franchise's roots having the main villain be a guy in a KKK robe called Black Cross Fuhrer being made by a radically left wing person in the 70's

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

I'm pretty sure most of the hate Iris gets is from her anime portrayal, not from her game portrayal.

I think the only other champion from the games that gets a lot of hate/criticisms is Diantha, but I don't think Diantha is that "hated" per se.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Superhero nerds are weird, like, Power Rangers has a lot of racist fans despite being about diversity and the franchise's roots having the main villain be a guy in a KKK robe called Black Cross Fuhrer being made by a radically left wing person in the 70's
That's what not having reading comprehension does to you. Some people seriously look at the old Marvel comics or Star Wars movies and don't see the messages about acceptance, love, or overcoming differences. They just see someone who looks like them saving the day.

For all its faults, the superhero genre has a long history of diverse heroes. It's only that they started becoming the front and center especially in the last decade and it became harder for annoying nerds to ignore them.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, that part's right for Miles Morales

"DO IIIIIII mm mm mmmm" - lock him up this is foul.

But being serious here, idk why bigotry is so prevelant in nerd spaces, like, Ik bigotry is everywhere, but it's like 100x worse in such nerdy communities to the point where minority groups have to make their own safe spaces because it's that ****ing bad.

Like, did MLK rip up Batman or something? Wtf did we do to make them that mad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom