• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Okay, I don't see Freeguy on Disney+ or HBO Max.
What's taking them so long to put it on either service!?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just can't stop gushing over how perfect Tilda Swinton would be for Rosalina. It just fits, she would give off the voice of exactly how I think Rosalina sounds like.

Always envisioned her sounding a little older then she appears given her wise and mysterious nature like The Ancient One.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Ninjas? I hope not. Anyhow, this is actually insane. Spiderman himself seems to hold more weight than the Marvel Brand as a whole.
I mean, that's literally how it's always been.

The popularity of other Marvel properties on the big screen has never translated to other areas. Otherwise the comics would actually be selling.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That's weird then. Being it was a Fox movie and Fox was bought out by Disney it would have been Disney+ of all streaming services...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's weird then. Being it was a Fox movie and Fox was bought out by Disney it would have been Disney+ of all streaming services...
It legally can’t go there right away.

Free was made before the Warner HBO Max deal, meaning Fox was set to give them the rights to the film.
Disney came in and bought fox funded the rest of the movie instead of abandoning it. However because of that and it being one of the last Fox films before the buyout, it has to go to HBO Max first, before any streaming service can get ahold of it. Although it should go to Disney after that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Free was made before the Warner HBO Max deal, meaning Fox was set to give them the rights to the film.
Disney came in and bought fox funded the rest of the movie instead of abandoning it. However because of that and it being one of the last Fox films before the buyout, it has to go to HBO Max first, before any streaming service can get ahold of it. Although it should go to Disney after that.
Whelp sorry for the confusion there then. :embarrass:
They're probably saving him for the sequel, and it'll focus mostly on him :yoshi:
That's only if the film does well and also depends where we'll be at that point given we're still in the midst of a pandemic still getting new variants such as omicron which according to rumors might bypass immunity.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

They altered the deal recently so that some films will hit Disney+ or Hulu and HBO Max on the same day.

The first film under this deal is Ron's Gone Wrong. I'm not sure if Free Guy is a part of the deal.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Nah Yoshi’s in it. They just didn’t mention him because he doesn’t have a celebrity voice actor.
Nah, Yoshi'll have a celebrity voice

It's just gonna be one of those celeb cameos with only a single 1 word line and you won't realize it's them til looking at the credits

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Anyways Z25 cleared things up regarding where Free Guy is. It's supposedly on HBOMax I'm presuming then will move to Disney+ eventually. Has to do with this deal prior to Disney purchasing Fox.
It's not on HBO Max at the moment. Just opened the app and searched for it and it gave me something called... A Different World. A TV show apparently.

As I mentioned, the deal was altered recently so perhaps Free Guy will hit both Disney+ and HBO Max on the same day.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's not on HBO Max at the moment. Just opened the app and searched for it and it gave me something called... A Different World. A TV show apparently.

As I mentioned, the deal was altered recently so perhaps Free Guy will hit both Disney+ and HBO Max on the same day.
Ah gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nah, Yoshi'll have a celebrity voice

It's just gonna be one of those celeb cameos with only a single 1 word line and you won't realize it's them til looking at the credits
John Krasinski as Yoshi, but people won’t even know it’s him, just like Free Guy lol.

GuineaPigX3

Smash Rookie
Giving away some free to use avys if you want them! Sorry if this isn't the place to post these btw I tried looking for a thread where they'd be good but I couldn't, and I'm too shy to start a thread asfdg. Though if you wanna request an avy, you can dm me if you'd like! ;w ;

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Giving away some free to use avys if you want them! Sorry if this isn't the place to post these btw I tried looking for a thread where they'd be good but I couldn't, and I'm too shy to start a thread asfdg. Though if you wanna request an avy, you can dm me if you'd like! ;w ;
The Hoops 3on3 and M&L Bowser render reminded me on just how good the 2D Mario art during the DS era was.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Same, I love mythology stuff.

(I can imagine God of War with Kratos in Chinese myths which would be interesting.)
Love to see Mesoamerican mythology whether Mayan or Aztec.

As well as Japanese, Slavic, Egyptian and West African. Australian Aboriginal would be nice too but to this day its people still follows their beliefs and very protective of it and for good reason so it'd be wise not to without accidentally offending them as well as out of respect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom