• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So there’s suppose to be four reveals as big as the Elder Scrolls one from a few years ago at the awards. What games do you think are it?

I think BOTW or maybe Metroid Prime 4 could be one.

Then Xbox and Sony will probably have one.

And I’m not sure what a fourth could be.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
We probably could expect DLC for Nick All-Stars Brawl announced, both Garfield and Shredder.

Maybe more news on Multiversus like more character announcements.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So there’s suppose to be four reveals as big as the Elder Scrolls one from a few years ago at the awards. What games do you think are it?

No way is it Prime 4, that'd hurt some potential Dread sales in Nintendo's eyes. It'z probably the blue rat's BotW game

Reactions: Z25

Noipoi

Howdy!

BOTW

Sonic

Something from Xbox and Sony

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It is now a few hours away from me reaching officially my second year of Smashboards.

I think it's time...................................

1638821189653.png

You guys can guess what it is easily anyways. Something I've been wanting to do here for a long time.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
After the success of Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings, it has been confirmed that Destin Daniel Cretton will return to direct the sequel and a show for Disney+:

For the Disney+ show, I could see them most likely do a spin-off of the Ten Rings under the guidance of Xialing or perhaps one based upon the history of Wen-Wu. I do hope someday they will do an Agents of Atlas show.
I can't be the only one who feels that we're getting too many MCU projects. With how many Disney+ shows are getting greenlit, it's going to be exhausting watching them all. It doesn't help that a lot of the Dinsey+ shows we've been getting have been hit or miss so far, with Loki being the exception.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
so like

I'mma be real

Even with Monday Cat, NASB is still quite a bit oof.

It's gonna take a lot to make that thing feel like a $50 release and IDK if they have the time or funding to make it happen, unfortunately.

Which is awful, 'cause you can tell the passion's there, but the lack of funding and proper dev time just killed this game, man. It doesn't help that the devs really went after the wrong crowd as their main focus. :drsad:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
so like

I'mma be real

Even with Monday Cat, NASB is still quite a bit oof.

It's gonna take a lot to make that thing feel like a $50 release and IDK if they have the time or funding to make it happen, unfortunately.

Which is awful, 'cause you can tell the passion's there, but the lack of funding and proper dev time just killed this game, man. It doesn't help that the devs really went after the wrong crowd as their main focus. :drsad:
Nick should have given this project to a bigger-budget game company and more money that way there also could of been a bigger roster (35-40 max).

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
A bit late to the news but Blazblue Central Fiction and Cross Tag Battle getting Rollback netcode updates on PC really brightened my day. I was waiting for this series to finally get its due.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well, lets see here:
The first 3D Sonic cycle, we got a set of good games (SA, SA2, SH), followed by a letdown (Shadow), followed by one of the worst games of all time (06). Then we got a set of good games (Unleashed, Colors, Gens), a letdown (Lost World), and then one of the worst games of all time (Boom).

So lets see here, we got a good game (Mania), a letdown (Forces), which means...

Bad news everbody.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Jokes aside I really wanna see that new Sonic

Really really
The leaks say the game's gonna be open world and hey, that's actually a good idea for a character who's shtick is going really ****ing fast, so having good movement would make it at least decent. I'm also cautiously optimistic as Iizuka has said that he wants this to be as big for the series as the Adventure games

MooMew64

IMO Forces main issue was the dev time. It had "3 years" but AFAIK (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), it was only actually in development as a game for like, a year at most: I think 2 of those years were on the engine, and then they made the game.

Since they already have HE2, they've had the last 3+ years to work on this game as a, well, game. I think it's gonna be at least decent.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
The leaks say the game's gonna be open world and hey, that's actually a good idea for a character who's shtick is going really ****ing fast, so having good movement would make it at least decent. I'm also cautiously optimistic as Iizuka has said that he wants this to be as big for the series as the Adventure games
This is how Big returns

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
IMO Forces main issue was the dev time. It had "3 years" but AFAIK (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), it was only actually in development as a game for like, a year at most: I think 2 of those years were on the engine, and then they made the game.

Since they already have HE2, they've had the last 3+ years to work on this game as a, well, game. I think it's gonna be at least decent.
Yeah Forces was also an almost entirely new team too which may have had something to do with it too

MooMew64

Yeah Forces was also an almost entirely new team too which may have had something to do with it too
I think the lead level designer was someone from Lost World and the two people underneath them were completely new to the series.

Given that Forces' issue wasn't bugs nor stability, I think time and experience were definitely huge contributors to why it ended up the way it did.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think the lead level designer was someone from Lost World and the two people underneath them were completely new to the series.

Given that Forces' issue wasn't bugs nor stability, I think time and experience were definitely huge contributors to why it ended up the way it did.
I think another issue was the Unleashed and Generations formula being rather unfriendly to the casual audience alongside how much you need to work on a Sonic level, meaning so much extra work for even the slightest alternative route.

Also Merry Magine time

MooMew64

I think another issue was the Unleashed and Generations formula being rather unfriendly to the casual audience alongside how much you need to work on a Sonic level, meaning so much extra work for even the slightest alternative route.

Also Merry Magine time
Boost was always controversial, I think, because of its trial and error nature: You're gonna suck hard in most Boost games until you learn level layouts and the expanded movesets they love to give Sonic in them. It's just the nature of the games, their enjoyment is pretty much based off of how much you enjoy replaying the levels to get better at them. Nothing's more satisfying than mastering a good boost level and navigating it with complete ease.

And yeah, Boost levels are a nightmare to develop for, I imagine. You have to add so many differing routes and make sure they all meet up in the same place, while also being navigable between each other as well so that the player never feels locked into one path.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Boost was always controversial, I think, because of its trial and error nature: You're gonna suck hard in most Boost games until you learn level layouts and the expanded movesets they love to give Sonic in them. It's just the nature of the games, their enjoyment is pretty much based off of how much you enjoy replaying the levels to get better at them. Nothing's more satisfying than mastering a good boost level and navigating it with complete ease.

And yeah, Boost levels are a nightmare to develop for, I imagine. You have to add so many differing routes and make sure they all meet up in the same place, while also being navigable between each other as well so that the player never feels locked into one path.
Tbf the first part is a natural evolution of the classics imo where staying fast was the reward of mastering, but I think the games being 3D would ask a bit too much for casuals, especially with Unleashed having quite a few suckerpunches

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
Hello, Social Thread! I have more Ashley art that I've made that I would like to share. This time, it's an edit of Pumpkin Pie Cookie from Cookie Run Kingdom!
76A97368-8226-4AF1-824D-89064E3E30C3.png

I'm actually pretty happy with this one, so I hope you like it! Although I think the writing in the text box is too messy, but the site I used wouldn't let me undo it enough times, and I wrote it on the wrong layer, so it's stuck like that :/

MooMew64

Tbf the first part is a natural evolution of the classics imo where staying fast was the reward of mastering, but I think the games being 3D would ask a bit too much for casuals, especially with Unleashed having quite a few suckerpunches
Yeah, even Generations throws in a bunch of beginner's traps.

As much as I look Boost, I definitely am open to a new formula that can maybe manage to be a bit more for everyone. :073:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Eh, back in the days of Sonic Unleashed, I thought the boost and the reflex based gameplay that came with it was just what Sonic needed. I still think it can be good if done right.

Also, some people also do not know anything about how good difficulty and trial and error can be.

MooMew64

Eh, back in the days of Sonic Unleashed, I thought the boost and the reflex based gameplay that came with it was just what Sonic needed. I still think it can be good if done right.

Also, some people also do not know anything about how good difficulty and trial and error can be.
As I said, I love boost. I just understand why it's always divided people.

Adventure was more the universally liked formula because it was way more focused on platforming, with a lot of the speed sections being automated or just straight shots. Just in general, you slow down and stop to explore or survey things in a casual Adventure game.

Boost is more like a line of obstacle courses with some 2D platforming thrown in on the side, and I can see why that ain't everyone's cup of tea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom