• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
started watching TASM…and I already feel tired. Movie takes a long time to somewhat feel like Spidey
So the Sonic Movie launched an official discord.

It was a terr-awful idea.
that just means I’ll love it probably

Noipoi

Howdy!
So it looks like we’re getting a Sonic movie 2 trailer soon, which is rad.

But I wonder, is this the Sonic thing that’s gonna be at the game awards? Or are we getting a movie trailer and the new game trailer back to back? That’d be cool.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yo, Animal Crossing folks, I need some help. I keep trying to use the design kiosk in the clothing store, and I'm constantly getting the "An error has occured" message. I thought I might've somehow disconnected, but I checked, and the internet connection test was succesful. Anyone know what the issue might be?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Who wants to bet Amy will make an post-credits appearance in Sonic 2?

I predict she'll be from Sonic's childhood having had a crush on him since they were little.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Nope, I’m betting she’ll be part of the movie.

The post credits will be either Metal Sonic or Shadow.
Shadow would have to be given a completely different origin. Can't see how they could keep it like in the games.

I'm actually expecting Metal Sonic to be in this movie also if the quill Robotik still has is anything to go by using it to power Metal Sonic.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Trust me, you won't.

It's just bigotry and NFT shilling
you burned my full interests away once you said NFT
the bigotry part is bad also, but I see that in way too many social places that somehow aren’t in real life in comparison

I predict she'll be from Sonic's childhood having had a crush on him since they were little.
I feel like Amy will be a character who hasn’t met Sonic, seemingly like Tails and Knuckles

osby

Smash Obsessed

I don't think she'll show up at all but I hope if they include her, they make her meet Sonic after the events of the first movie.

The whole point of Amy's crush on Sonic is how she called for his adventurous side, imo. Her admiration for him doesn't make as much sense if he's just a kid who goofs around.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Making Shadow a clone of Sonic from his DNA would be too predictable and obvious.

If its nothing like his origins in the games, no point in adding him. They should try to come up with more original villains instead perhaps.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Wow they added Garfield but didn't give him a single reference to the Pipe Strip? That's one of the most important pieces of Garfield lore.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The whole point of Amy's crush on Sonic is how she called for his adventurous side, imo. Her admiration for him doesn't make as much sense if he's just a kid who goofs around.
And Movie Sonic is nothing like Game Sonic in terms of personality. Why can't they exactly change Amy here a little bit?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

osby

Smash Obsessed
And Movie Sonic is nothing like Game Sonic in terms of personality. Why can't they exactly change Amy here a little bit?
I mean, they can but then what's the point of speculating about a character who doesn't exist yet? :drshrug:

Either way here's hoping the writers actually understand the character and not just add her for the sake of it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm also predicting the movie is going to eventually be Sonic having to return to his home planet telling Tom and his wife goodbye and every sequel forward will take place on his planet.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Honestly I think that WAS supposed to be super Sonic when they wrote it but SEGA stepped in and way like “no emeralds no yellow” and they were like “fine”.
The next movie has the emeralds 100%. If they don’t, I will send many angry letters displaying my unbridled anger. If they do not respond, my fury will turn to email form. If they still do not respond, I will cry like baby.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I do think it is possible as sequels keep getting made. Sonic's personality you know cocky and such could become like as we see in the games as his rivalry with Robotik grows.

Following the second film I expect the Sonic movies to start leaning more being like the games. The first two being just simplistic plots building up to it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, the premise is Knuckles and Eggman team up in search for an Emerald to take over the world, and Sonic and Tails has to stop them.

This could possibly mean
  • Eggman found Knuckles on the Mushroom Planet, which means he was stuck in Mushroom Hill Zone
  • He probably heard about the Emerald from Knuckles
  • That emerald is the Master Emerald
  • If the movie were to loosely follow the plot of the games, the entire Echnidna tribe got wiped out by Chaos at this point. Knuckles, being the dumbass that his is, didn't get the memo that he was suppossed to die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom