• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
holy flip Noipoi Noipoi Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Shroob Shroob I just had the most wild experience in BDSP

I almost got wiped by the duo battle in Route 215 (the one with the Gyrados and Kadabra)

I didn't have my best team out: I had them benched for now 'cause they were starting to over level (Lopunny is at 30 now I think, and I'm only just now heading to Veilstone)

They nearly wiped me out with the Gyrados. Everyone went down, but in a last-ditch effort, I had my Gastly use Curse and it got applied onto the Gyrados.

And then it was down to a Starly and an Absol. By all accounts, they should have spammed waterfall and it would've been GGs, 'cause the Absol was put to sleep prior to the fight and I didn't wake it up with an item.

The Starly goes down.

BUT THEN

BOTH TRAINERS DO THE DUMBEST THINGS

THEY DON'T JUST END THE FIGHT, THEY USE STATUS MOVES

AND THEN THE GYRADOS GOES DOWN FROM THE CURSE

AND THE GIRL'S KADABRA JUST KEEPS SPAMMING STATUS MOVES AGAINST THE ABSOL, SHE DOESN'T TRY TO KILL IT

ABSOL THEN WAKES UP AND ENDS IT WITH KNOCK OFF AFTER MISSING ONCE

?????? HOW DID I WIN THIS????

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
holy flip Noipoi Noipoi Pokelego999 Pokelego999 Shroob Shroob I just had the most wild experience in BDSP

I almost got wiped by the duo battle in Route 215 (the one with the Gyrados and Kadabra)

I didn't have my best team out: I had them benched for now 'cause they were starting to over level (Lopunny is at 30 now I think, I'm only heading to Veilstone)

They nearly wiped me out with the Gyrados. Everyone went down, but in a last-ditch effort, I had my Gastly use Curse and it got applied onto the Gyrados.

And then it was down to a Starly and an Absol. By all accounts, they should have spammed waterfall and it would've been GGs, 'cause the Absol was put to sleep prior to the fight and I didn't wake it up with an item.

The Starly goes down.

BUT THEN

BOTH TRAINERS DO THE DUMBEST THINGS

THEY DON'T JUST END THE FIGHT, THEY USE STATUS MOVES

AND THEN THE GYRADOS GOES DOWN FROM THE CURSE

AND THE GIRL'S KADABRA JUST KEEPS SPAMMING STATUS MOVES AGAINST THE ABSOL, SHE DOESN'T TRY TO KILL IT

ABSOL THEN WAKES UP AND ENDS IT WITH KNOCK OFF AFTER MISSING ONCE

?????? HOW DID I WIN THIS????
Those Ace Trainers are nasty. I'm glad the AI spared you. Oh also, the Kadabra only had Psybeam as it's attacking move, according to Serebii, so it probably kept spamming Status cause it couldn't hit you.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Those Ace Trainers are nasty. I'm glad the AI spared you. Oh also, the Kadabra only had Psybeam as it's attacking move, according to Serebii, so it probably kept spamming Status cause it couldn't hit you.
I THOUGHT SO LOOOOL

Yeah, Dark is immune to Pyschic, huh.

If this was a Nuzlocke, that Absol would've been an absolute hero. She is never leaving the team after this, she's earned that spot, dang it.

But still

How did the AI just not use Waterfall

Why did it not just end it

IT WAS RAINING IT WOULD'VE BEEN BOOSTED

This was the #1 worst choke I've ever seen and it's hilarious

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I THOUGHT SO LOOOOL

If this was a Nuzlocke, that Absol would've been an absolute hero. She is never leaving the team after this, she's earned that spot, dang it.

But still

Yeah lmao the Gyarados was a truck. Outside of Bite and Leer, it could've easily done some good damage.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I THOUGHT SO LOOOOL

But still

Pokémon A.I. in general falls in one of two categories:

A. They are unbeatable and will exploit game glitches to beat you.

B. They decide to attack your Misdreavus with Normal type moves for an entire game.

And that only covers enemy A.I. and not forced partner A.I.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Witnessing the arms race that goes from intentionally OP characters to actual malware really gets me
Ah yes

MATHRUS

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So HBO Max's Looney Tunes has an episode called "Portal Kombat" (it's a Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote cartoon)

No, it doesn't have any references to a certain fighting video game series.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
they ain’t wrong tbh

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This is what NFT bros were hyping up
Language in tweet
They were hyping up a page that couldnt be requested?
Gdi, you fixed it and ruined my joke
----
I uh... Think this game needed to cook a little more with all these glitches
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
they ain’t wrong tbh
Do people think Spider-Man... wasn't always Marvel's #1 hit series once it hit shelves? Like it was never even close.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good mor-
So uh...

Is Hunter X Hunter any good?

And how much of a time sink is it?
I've been summoned

Anyway yeah HxH is pretty pogchamp

The anime is 148 episodes long but it's fairly well paced for the most part (and even then I'd argue the parts that aren't are justified)
Oh I love cliffhangers and unresolved endings
The thing is though is that the anime ends on a pretty good note. The manga is still ongoing (albeit on hiatus) but the two main protagonists's stories are basically finished so you can watch the anime without worrying about everything that comes afterwards.
Don't give Hunter x Hunter the Berserk ending man
Apparently the reason the manga constantly goes on hiatus is because Togashi has back problems to the point he has to walk on all fours so I'm hoping for the best

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Do people think Spider-Man... wasn't always Marvel's #1 hit series once it hit shelves? Like it was never even close.
I think it’s moreso people being both shocked and happy over the fact that Endgame’s hype was outdone in advance of the movie or something along those lines. For the most part, it didn’t seem like Endgame would be overtaken so soon

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1638339492199.png

he do be kinda handsome tho​

I think it’s moreso people being both shocked and happy over the fact that Endgame’s hype was outdone in advance of the movie or something along those lines. For the most part, it didn’t seem like Endgame would be overtaken so soon
Endgame and NWH are both mega crossovers though. Endgame is the MCU in itself, but NWH is bringing about both the Raimiverse and the Sonyverse (dont forget venoms also in MCU now) together, which was something that people had wanted and only fantasized about for years.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
After watching Thorgi's One Piece FighterZ video I really want a it to be a real game
please for the love of god just let jojo win again we've been waiting for 20 years and we won the poll

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey

XB2 4th anniversary

Pretty neat.

My opinion on this game and lots of stuff around as definitely been all over the place lately, but you know, I still value my time with it fondly.

Hopefully next game can learn from it and do better in many aspects.

Til a trailer tho,I still got alot of RPG to play lol.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
please for the love of god just let jojo win again we've been waiting for 20 years and we won the poll
I would be down for JoJo too but One Piece is my GOAT so if I had to choose between them I'd go with it first without a second thought

also hxh but that ain't happening before those two

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
KingBooGengar57 KingBooGengar57 's AMA is now up!

If any of y'all aren't currently on the list of future AMA subjects and would like to be added, please lemme know via reply or PM

Reminder that if you went once or twice before, you're free to go again!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Has anyone seen this:

I know NASB is a dead horse at this point but Delzethin gives some notable criticism that I didn't see much, imo. Like the questionable moveset designs and how game hates any playstyle other than rushdowns.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just realized the Gliscor/Heatran/T-Tar team I was going to use for the Battle Tower has a huge water weakness. Both T-tar and Heatran synergize with Gliscor really well but not so much with eachother. One of them has gotta go.

Hm. Gliscor/Heatran/Roseraid maybe? Or Gliscor/Heatran/Rotom-W?

Hmmm I'm liking the sound of using Roseraid. Maybe I'll chain for a shiny one.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just realized the Gliscor/Heatran/T-Tar team I was going to use for the Battle Tower has a huge water weakness. Both T-tar and Heatran synergize with Gliscor really well but not so much with eachother. One of them has gotta go.

Hm. Gliscor/Heatran/Roseraid maybe? Or Gliscor/Heatran/Rotom-W?

Hmmm I'm liking the sound of using Roseraid. Maybe I'll chain for a shiny one.
Rotom-W has been busted since Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom