• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
So, how many of you have watched a bit of JoJo Part 6 yet?

Don't spoil anything for me though. I'm not a manga reader.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, how many of you have watched a bit of JoJo Part 6 yet?

Don't spoil anything for me though. I'm not a manga reader.
It looks better than the manga, that's for sure. Manga Part 6 is notorious for having ugly character designs and even worse character design evolution over time. At least the anime makes them look more consistent all throughout. Jolyne's lawyer for example had his ears get turned into... whatever this is.

1638368551362.png

The same applies for early Part 7 with the ugly designs up until JoJo got changed into a monthly series and then all of a sudden Araki decided to make the series look super realistic and also one of the most beautiful manga ever made.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Rotom-W has been busted since Day 1
Rotom-W is the pragmantic choice.
It's such a versatile ultility mon that synergies with everything, but it looks so...Doofy.

Much unlike Roserade, who is a much more average mon stat/type-wise but is also much more fabulous.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
So uh...

Is Hunter X Hunter any good?
This is definitely a hot take, but I didn't find it to be anything special. Like, there was nothing bad about it, but there weren't any moments that blew me away. Meanwhile, I can recall multiple memorable moments from its older brother Yu Yu Hakusho, which I enjoyed way more. The Chimera Ant arc is said to be amazing, but it's actually where I stopped watching the show since I was getting kinda bored. I stopped at episode 112 (which is coincidentally the number of episodes in YYH).

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

1638369652062.png

“I’m Foul Mad Gasser. I have all I need here with me. Let’s proceed.”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: USA urban legend. The Mad Gasser of Mattoon was the given name of a person believed to be responsible for a series of gas attacks. Also known as Anesthetic Prowler or Phantom Anesthetist. Described as a tall, thin person dressed in all black, he expels an unknown concoction that can cause paralysis, coughing, and nausea. His motivations or origin is unknown, with some saying he’s merely the result of mass hysteria.

Skills: Dustoma, Toxic Cloud, Slumber Vortex

Next time you will meet a demon of the Flight race.

I used to not like Mad Gasser that much but it’s pretty cool to have modern urban legends like him once in a while. His design fits perfectly with eyewitnesses’ claims and his pose is spot-on. Predictably, his only real skill is to inflict status ailments so he’s one of those demons you’ll use to breeze through a dungeon and then probably fuse away as soon as you get to the boss.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Has anyone seen this:

I know NASB is a dead horse at this point but Delzethin gives some notable criticism that I didn't see much, imo. Like the questionable moveset designs and how game hates any playstyle other than rushdowns.
Finushed the vid, IMO, the biggest issue that NASB is the fact that it wanted to appeal for the Melee players so much that they forgot that Smash's, and Nick's largest audience are simply casuals looking for a fun time, and that's what ultimately killed it. There's nothing fun for Casuals in the game at all, and even competitive players will struggle trying to find a nuche in the genre given the broken balance.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I watched the first episode of JoJo part 6, though I definitely won't have time to watch all twelve today. (not sure if the whole Part 6 is 12 episodes, or if the episodes will be released in several groups of 12) It was a good start, though I'm not sure what's up with Jolyne's lawyer (who looks like an elf).

I joked that the man who Jolyne supposedly killed was actually an enemy Stand user with the ability to fake his death, because at this point, nothing would surprise me.

I also watched the third episode of Hawkeye. It mentioned that Echo has a mysterious uncle that nobody wants to mess with who has ties to the criminal underworld - not sure if that's going to wind up being Kate's father (who was given a prominent appearance in episode 2's "previously on" segment despite dying five seconds after the clip that they used) or the Kingpin (who has ties to Echo in the comics), though I figure it's going to be someone who's already been introduced, because otherwise, what would be the point in hiding his identity?

(I suppose it could be Jacques/the Swordsman, but Hawkeye knows who Echo's uncle is, so unless he only knows the uncle by reputation, you'd think that he'd recognize Jacques right away - presumably, Hawkeye doesn't have his carnie background from the comics, so he has no connection to the Swordsman here)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I watched the first episode of JoJo part 6, though I definitely won't have time to watch all twelve today. (not sure if the whole Part 6 is 12 episodes, or if the episodes will be released in several groups of 12) It was a good start, though I'm not sure what's up with Jolyne's lawyer (who looks like an elf for no apparent reason).
Look back on my post about character evolution. Part 6 and early Part 7 characters are just drawn plain ugly.

It gets worse.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It looks better than the manga, that's for sure. Manga Part 6 is notorious for having ugly character designs and even worse character design evolution over time. At least the anime makes them look more consistent all throughout. Jolyne's lawyer for example had his ears get turned into... whatever this is.

View attachment 339310

The same applies for early Part 7 with the ugly designs up until JoJo got changed into a monthly series and then all of a sudden Araki decided to make the series look super realistic and also one of the most beautiful manga ever made.
Is this ***** an Elf? Wtf

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Finushed the vid, IMO, the biggest issue that NASB is the fact that it wanted to appeal for the Melee players so much that they forgot that Smash's, and Nick's largest audience are simply casuals looking for a fun time, and that's what ultimately killed it. There's nothing fun for Casuals in the game at all, and even competitive players will struggle trying to find a nuche in the genre given the broken balance.
There is data for items in the game, but since Nick was a bunch of dummies who don't know games need two years to develop at least, they had to dummy them out and focus on competitive play.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Is this ***** an Elf? Wtf
If only I could show you the extent of the ugliness in some of these buffoons without getting hanged for spoilers but I guess you all will have the shock factor come in whenever new episodes get streamed.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think one of my most embarrassing phases was unironically enjoying the "30 Year Old man Screams at cartoons made for literal 8 year olds" genre on Youtube. Like Mr. Enter and the such.

Grown ass men. Seem to be a dying race now, but you can get the same effect looking at Animation Twitter, hell, animation fans in general are like this.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Happy 4th anniversary to Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Even with all its faults, it's a game that's brought me countless hours of joy and has hit me on an emotional level quite a few times, and, to be quite honest, I'm not sure if I would've ever registered here if it weren't for my love of the game and my extreme desire to see a character from it in Smash. To this day, I'm still overjoyed at the fact that all my advocating paid off in the end.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Reactions: Z25

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm curious about something.

What do you guys use as ingredients when you make a salad at home?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My ranking of the King Kong films.

1. Kong: Skull Island (2017)
2. King Kong (1933)
3. King Kong Escapes (1967)
4. Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)
5. King Kong (1976)
6. King Kong vs. Godzilla (1962)
7. King Kong Lives (1986)
8. Son of Kong (1933)
9. King Kong (2005); Unpopular opinion I know, though my least favorite of the films as beautifully detailed the movie is, its long runtime is one of my biggest gripes with it.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Reactions: Z25
Status
Not open for further replies.