• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of stories, I realized that you can kinda divide Persona games into groups of two in terms of how they are written:
  • P1 and P3: "No characters, no plot, only themes."
  • P2IS and P4: "No plot, we need to develop these characters."
  • P2EP and P5: "Plot train has no breaks."
Speaking of. I actually had a persona dream last night. I was the protagonist and I remembered Queen was there but the rest of the characters were new, I think, and it wasn’t any pre-existing games. We were exploring a twisted version of target (where I work now) and I remember it was partly like Tartarus where this normal building became the giant demon stronghold at a certain hour every night but it was also like the Metaverse where people’s shadows were just existing in there. The shadow version of my real world boss was there but I don’t think he was in charge and he scared the crap out of me. I remember trying to get the party in by telling him we had volunteered to cover the graveyard shift but it didn’t work and we triggered an alarm and barely escaped. And then we got to our headquarters which looked like a library in an old college and there was this old woman there who was like functionally Igor and Ikutski rolled into one and it was like “as you clear more areas of the Metaverse more rooms open up in here” and I think each room was tied to a specific social link because I remember remembering in the dream how certain bonds were formed in other rooms. I don’t remember anything else but like… I woke up and was like “damn I wanna keep playing!” lol

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've been very mixed on the series recently and not really a fan of the direction Pokemon is going down.

I do need to look back on my list of Switch games to get thinking about this.

---------------------

So apparently Square and EA are now wanting NFTs in their business.

I've read a few articles on these over and over again and I still don't get what they are. Just an image but attached to a cheque that you can copy, People will believe in anything to be stupid.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I've been very mixed on the series recently and not really a fan of the direction Pokemon is going down.

I do need to look back on my list of Switch games to get thinking about this.

---------------------

I've read a few articles on these over and over again and I still don't get what they are. Just an image but attached to a cheque that you can copy, People will believe in anything to be stupid.
Don’t you DARE Square…

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Basically they’re a image that is attached to a unique number. Basically, NFT 1 and NFT 2 may have the same image, but both are tied to a unique purchaser.

They also take up a ton of power to use, though I’m unsure of how much specifically.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm a big fan of Gen 4, it was my first Pokemon Gen after all.

But quality or lack of quality aside, i'm not too interested in BDSP atm.

Just hope it doesn't crash & burn and end up making Gen 4 look worse.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My movie reviews and thoughts:

Following from the success of the first film back in 2018, Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock/Venom makes its return with a sequel where the two had to settle their differences to face off against Cletus Kassidy/Carnage played by Woody Harrelson. Whilst it does have some slight improvements on its previous film, there are still a number of issues present that include characters that lacked development, a messy and underwhelming story with some pacing issues and jokes that tend to be a bit of a miss at times. The only highlight that I could pretty much pick out throughout the film is the post credit scene where Venom is transported to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Overall Rating: 4.5/10

Based upon a story that consist of the immortal Celestials that had resided within the events of Earth for thousands of years who adapted secret super powers to fight against the Deviants. Whilst I am pretty surprised with the harsh critics score on Rotten Tomatoes, I can't exactly say I fully agree with the score as it was not as bad as it seems even though there were a couple of issues within the Eternals. The film's scenery and visuals were highly impressive as well as some of the performance of the cast, but I felt there were certain issues with parts of the story and pacing within the first act where it sometimes feels a bit slow.

In conclusion, whilst I can understand why the Eternals is considered pretty divisive, the film is not as bad to what the critics had said but there is plenty of room for improvement (that is if the film does get a sequel.)

Overall Rating: 6.5/10

There were two post credit scenes shown in which one followed Thena, Druig and Makkari and the other featued Dane Whitman.

Firstly, following from their departure from Earth, Thena, Druig and Makkari set out to find other existing Celestials in which we see Pip the Troll making an entrance as well as Eros aka Starfox (who is Thanos' brother) played by Dunkirk's Harry Styles.

The second post credit scene follows Dane Whitman who is viewing at an ancient mystical swrod after he told Sersi that his lineage is rather "problematic" before she was taken in by Arishem. A voice appeared asking Dane "Sure are you ready to wield that" in reference to the sword. That voice is confirmed to belong to Mahershala Ali who is portraying Blade within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

After the scene, the message "The Eternals will return" appears and I am very interested to see how the future of characters will be incorporated within Phase 4.

Dutch Raikuna

Basically they’re a image that is attached to a unique number. Basically, NFT 1 and NFT 2 may have the same image, but both are tied to a unique purchaser.

They also take up a ton of power to use, though I’m unsure of how much specifically.
And yet you can just copy the image.

If anything it shows worry for the future of images on the net depending on how this goes. Written ID for the image underneath that makes it impossible to upload.
Regardless, proof that the internet is going to ****.

Man I really wanna know what NRS is working on. It’s been way too long since MK11 bit the dust.
How would you feel if NRS was working on that Universus all along?

I'd be so pissed.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So fun fact about BDSP, movesets have changed between installments. A Pelipper at Candice's Gym knows ice Beam, which it lacked in the originals. Turtwig has been shown with Leafage and Chatot has been shown with Parting Shot, showing that generic mons have changed learnsets too.

Just a neat tidbit.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
And yet you can just copy the image.

If anything it shows worry for the future of images on the net depending on how this goes. Written ID for the image underneath that makes it impossible to upload.
Regardless, proof that the internet is going to ****.

How would you feel if NRS was working on that Universus all along?

I'd be so pissed.
That WB platform fighter? I’d be fine with it as long as it’s not free to play. But I think it’s an open secret that it’s being developed by someone else. Not sure who though.

I just watched Max’s video on it and I’m just thinking about how my desires are like the inverse of his entirely. Like having the characters be able to do more, all that competitive **** that blurs together in my head, sure why not. But I do NOT want them working on a stand-alone marvel game. Marvel vs DC? Sure, fine, whatever, but I will be actively angry if they’re making a game with just Marvel in it. Like I’m actually starting to hate marvel in this post Endgame world and I do not want the one company that was consistently doing good dlc stuff that isn’t just Batman by himself to take away their time and resources and give them to ****ing marvel. MK12 is the same but to a lesser extent because like I enjoy mortal Kombat I just don’t want one now. Especially since my reaction to mk11’s announcement was “really, just another MK game? Nothing more special?”. I want another DC game from them the most. I don’t care if it’s Injustice 3 or if it’s a new DC fighter using the characters but not following that storyline or whatever I just want a new DC game that isn’t just Batman stuff.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Are the DS Zelda games worth playing?

Every other game (aside from the NES ones and the co-op focused ones) I've either played or have on my backlog, but I've heard mixed things about Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks

Dutch Raikuna

Speaking of NFTs earlier but man it is a ***** now getting decent sized images on the net unless you are reserve searching.

Google - Algorithm makes it just bad to use.
Pinterest - Sometimes refuses to connect you to it.
Tumblr - Too messy to use.
Fansites like Fandom - Forces you to use it's ****ty UI to even get through to it.
Wallpaper sites - Forces you to visit it.

Like **** off man. If I was rich as **** I'd be suing these for accessibility. Internet UI is just terrible now.

Are the DS Zelda games worth playing?

Every other game (aside from the NES ones and the co-op focused ones) I've either played or have on my backlog, but I've heard mixed things about Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks
Spirit Tracks is given too much hate. Easily one of the most unique in the series and was really good. I'm prepared to die on that hill to the end.

And it gave us the closest thing to a Steampunkish Zelda which yes, is one of my dream games.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
idk whether I should be preferring Regular Show over Adventure Time…or if I’m insane

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
For every poo

There must be a pee
Look man I don't wanna hear it right now. The puppy had tummy troubles while I was away at work and I just spent all morning cleaning it up.

Edit: I'm trying to say this playfully, if that wasn't obvious.
This morning really wasn't fun though.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
my dudes

I am on Windows 11

I have also escaped AMD purgatory and am back on NVidia

7bd.gif

(The NVidia card is last gen but it's still really good and gives me their encoders and better compatibility with a whoooole lotta stuff, so heck yeah this was worth the purchase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom