• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Welp, time to try to get back into New Horizons after falling out of it a bit. Tell me, is the new DLC more engaging?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Welp, time to try to get back into New Horizons after falling out of it a bit. Tell me, is the new DLC more engaging?
I’ve been enjoying it a lot. I split doing things on my island and then doing one or two house designs a day so far. There’s a lot of customization options which makes it really fun to keep trying new things to see what looks good.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Idk, I quite liked this movie a lot actually.

Visually It has some breathtaking moments, specially the stuff involving the Celestials. The actors obviously do a great job, specially the ones such as Angelina Jolie.

I found It neat to see a Marvel hero who speaks in sign language, as someone who knows people who do so IRL. And all in all the movie felt quite inclusive with some of the characters.

I liked specially how the movie felt phylosophical and experimental: a lot of themes about the end of life, the cycle of life and the meaning of everything. It's stuff people aren't used to in the MCU nowadays and I hope that the mixed reception doesn't stop Marvel Studios from trying again with more IPs.

Clearly the movie isn't for everyone: just as I didn't like the intense amount of action and explosions in Black Widow, people who aren't invested in stuff such as lore or character interactions may not be invested in the movie.
But if you are feeling confident on It I'd say to give It a watch.

Gonna give It a 7.5, not a movie for everyone like Shang Chi but still had a good time with It.
Well, I went in to watch the film regardless of what the critics gave and whilst I don't exactly agree with the score on Rotten Tomatoes (which I feel is pretty harsh), I actually thought it wasn't bad (even though I have some issues with the first act of the film) and I am certain that this isn't the end for Celestials as I am convinced by the post credit scenes that it will be interesting to see what sort of direction they will go next.

But it is like you said that this movie isn't going to be for everyone and it will be divisive. Overall, I thought the film was good, but could had been better in some areas.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This fella right here.
View attachment 336939
Yes, he look very weird & even funny at first glance, but hey, he is a alien after all.

The only thing more weird about him however is the way to access him, which is uh, very, very out there. (and require 2 effects to go where he is in)

You need to find a bed in the dream world, go inside & outside of it until you teleport to a stair area, go downstair until you reach a fire, use a effect like rain or snow to remove the fire. Go forward until you reach a space ship. Inside the ship, go in & out of the bed til a red alarm goes off. The space ship will then land on Mars, on Mars, go forward til you reach a hole, finally, use a effect that make you small to enter it, and finally Mars-San will be here.
Ah, I see. Didn't even know that thing had a name... or even existed. It's been so long, I barely remember any characters, only Uboa (and Poniko, by extension), Seccom Masada-sensei, Monoko, Monoe and KyuKyu-kun. Also the Ancient Aztec Rave Monkey, for some reason those those really left an impression on me, in a good way.

Still, despite not remembering much, I adore Yume Nikki , especially for making RPG Maker horror games popular. YN is what got me into it as well.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I forget XY's OST exists because it's the one region I never played and it's battle themes never show up anywhere
XY tried something different with their music, and while I do appreciate them trying to break the mold I do feel that in this case it left its OST on the weaker side. It's especially the case with the battle themes as you said as I can only really recall two themes from it: Lysandre's and to a lesser extent Korrina's remix of the Gym theme. Otherwise they feel like they lack general bombastic feel and strength of its counterparts, which makes it harder to stand out.

ORAS I feel did a better job with the soundfont, but admittedly have a better base to work with.

“The battle zone project has started”

That’s right No heatran in the game.

And no one noticed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
XY gave us Professor Sycamore's theme

That's about all I remember tbh.
I only remember the characters names from that game( gym leaders and E4, and the admins) because the XY anime season was actually pretty good. Doing a better job at establishing all these figures in universe.

Also Dexio and Sienna but that’s because they came back in sun and moon with pretty cool looks.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Feels really weird to be one of the very few people who unironically loves gen 6 lol
Nah nah you've got me on your side too! I could not tell you why, but Pokémon X is among my fav in the series. It's one of the only games I ever played through almost nonstop from start to end from the moment I bought it, since I'm usually a very slow gamer (hell I haven't finished Metroid Dread yet despite getting it day one because I get distracted by other games). My best theory is that the 3D models were so novel to me that I was really interested in seeing them in action. But I also really like Kalos as a region and I thought the Pokémon designs which imo is one of the most important parts of a Pokémon game were very solid.

Shroob

Sup?
It's just

Weird

I've said it before but X and Y is just a blur in my memory.

I guess it being sandwiched between BW/2 and S&M, two of the strongest stories in the series, didn't help much, and I personally consider Flare the absolute worst team there's ever been.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
It's just

Weird

I've said it before but X and Y is just a blur in my memory.

I guess it being sandwiched between BW/2 and S&M, two of the strongest stories in the series, didn't help much, and I personally consider Flare the absolute worst team there's ever been.
Look man Flare had its silly, silly, silly moments, but I still can't see how Aqua and Magma aren't universally seen as the worst villainous teams.

D

Deleted member

I'm still burnt out on XY from when I played through the game twice in two days just to get duplicate legendaries. And yet I still can't remember any music from there.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Nah nah you've got me on your side too! I could not tell you why, but Pokémon X is among my fav in the series. It's one of the only games I ever played through almost nonstop from start to end from the moment I bought it, since I'm usually a very slow gamer (hell I haven't finished Metroid Dread yet despite getting it day one because I get distracted by other games). My best theory is that the 3D models were so novel to me that I was really interested in seeing them in action. But I also really like Kalos as a region and I thought the Pokémon designs which imo is one of the most important parts of a Pokémon game were very solid.
Yeah, I too loved Kalos as a region haha, had a really nice and cozy atmosphere to it

As for the new Pokemon introduced, gen 6 probably my has my favorite batch to date. Greninja, Xerneas, Zygarde, Tyrantrum, Goodra, Sylveon, Meowstic, those all are probably at least amongst my top 20 favorite pokemon period

And I saw the rest of y'all dunking on the music, and I'll say right now, XY probably has my second favorite ost of the entire series, only behind the gen 5 games. The battle themes in particular be poppin'

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Yeah, I too loved Kalos as a region haha, had a really nice and cozy atmosphere to it

As for the new Pokemon introduced, gen 6 probably my has my favorite batch to date. Greninja, Xerneas, Zygarde, Tyrantrum, Goodra, Sylveon, Meowstic, those all are probably at least amongst my top 20 favorite pokemon period

And I saw y'all dunking on the music, and I'll say right now, XY probably has my second favorite ost of the entire series, only behind the gen 5 games. The battle themes in particular be poppin'
And can I just say, Lumiose City dude! Bar none one of the best town/city themes in the entire franchise. The champion battle theme is very good, too, but literally every champion battle theme is good so yknow.

Shroob

Sup?
Look man Flare had its silly, silly, silly moments, but I still can't see how Aqua and Magma aren't universally seen as the worst villainous teams.
If we're talking about R/S/E, there's a case to be made sure.

ORAS though? Where the leaders and their officers actually get some development as characters? No way.

Flare is essentially supposed to be Nazis, but "oops we're in an E game we gotta make 'em goofy!", and like, I'm sorry, but I cannot take Lysandre seriously as a villain. Dude just calls you up randomly and starts waxing poetic **** and I'm like "Hello, yes, my character is supposed to be 10, I do not understand this."

Noipoi

Howdy!
XY has a special place in my heart, because as a 12 year old newly minted Pokémon fan let me tell you that **** was hype. Not to mention my favorite Pokémon of all time was introduced in this game.

It’s just compared to what came before with gens 5 and 4. And what would come after with gen 7. Gen 6 doesn’t match with my tastes as well as other gens do. A lot of the game reeks of missed potential. I know we’re over third versions, but I really think a Z game could’ve helped here. As time went on and more games came out, XY is kinda just aight to me. It doesn’t have my favorite region, or music, or characters, definitely not story. The Pokémon are great though.

Also Team Flare is just dumb. Not as useless as Team Yell, but they’re really lame.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
X&Y was hype for multiple reasons:
  1. Mewthree
  2. The new eeveeloution
  3. And probably the biggest reason (and I am not meming here), I could finally be a black trainer. Fixed my biggst gripe with Black and White when I was a kid.

I never got the game. Never got Oras either. I Skipped to Gen 7.

Oops.

D

Deleted member

Flare is essentially supposed to be Nazis, but "oops we're in an E game we gotta make 'em goofy!", and like, I'm sorry, but I cannot take Lysandre seriously as a villain. Dude just calls you up randomly and starts waxing poetic **** and I'm like "Hello, yes, my character is supposed to be 10, I do not understand this."
My favorite part is that Sycamore and Lysandre are old friends. While Lysandre is talking about purging the world, Sycamore is just all like "He's such a hard worker. Also ignore the genocide part, lol."

At least Sycamore has a nice design, I guess. Especially compared to Lysandre, who is as subtle as a sledgehammer to the face.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Bruh it's already out? I haven't heard anything about it despite how season 1 blew the **** up
It got trending on Twitter, but yeah, Season 2 hasn't seemed to blow up like Season 1. I guess the "ANIMANIACS IS BACK!" hype kinda died down, which does make sense. Honestly though, so far, I think Season 2 is just as good as Season 1. Better in some areas, I'd argue.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also, I can't say Team Flare was the worst when Team Yell exists.

They actually contributed nothing to the plot. And I mean jack ****.
They’re not only useless to the plot, they’re painfully uninteresting.

They feel like Gamefreak was halfway through the game when they remembered evil teams are a tradition, and scrambled to come up with something.

Marnie and Piers are fine. Just have them.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hmm

just tried a Omori mod that expand Black Space, but I'm already stuck lol.

Gave one of the dev a message on discord, hopefully they can answer back when I wake up tomorrow.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They’re not only useless to the plot, they’re painfully uninteresting.

They feel like Gamefreak was halfway through the game when they remembered evil teams are a tradition, and scrambled to come up with something.

Marnie and Piers are fine. Just have them.
I think they were trying to go for a Team Skull and Aether Foundation plot, but um...

They forgot the plot.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Just posting once again one of my favourite videos on the internet while taking a break from REDACTED show I'm watching which I'll reveal later. It's an animated show (might be east or west) but I'm not saying just yet.

It's one that has been way, way overdue and one of the reasons why I've been absent from the net the past few days.

For now guys:

"Ever gone mountain biking?"

Well considering the Pokemon talk it'll probably get buried.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom