• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Team Skull is my favorite evil team because Guzma is great and they’re legitimately funny.

It’s not mind blowing humor or anything, but for a Pokémon game they’re really funny.
Guzma's amazing

And then you learn more about him and oh my god the bent golf club

D

Deleted member

Pokémon Sun and Moon!

New Pokémon!

Z Moves!

Child Abuse!

Malasadas!
Building the Pokemon League!

Mega Evos are incredible painful!

Guzzlord!

All the fun to be had when traveling the tropical region of Alola.

Real talk though, for as meh as I think Sun & Moon are, their story is among my favorites (too bad about all the handholding). And Team Skull is probably my second favorite evil team, right after Team Rocket. After all those plots about world domination, destruction etc, it was nice having a more down to earth evil team again. I know Aether exists, but at least that's how it was for like, 3/4th of the game. Also Guzma is definitely my favorite evil team leader and gave us one of the best scenes in the entire franchise:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Team Skull is my favorite evil team because Guzma is great and they’re legitimately funny.

It’s not mind blowing humor or anything, but for a Pokémon game they’re really funny.
Guzma is genuinely a great character. Funny, badass, memorable, it's ya boi.

I also think they implied that he wanted to bang Lusamine but my memory may he failing me.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy **** I just witnessed the greatest Mario Party moment.

Birdo had 2 stars and 106 coins. Waluigi was a npc( this is online) and warp blocks but rather then get Birdo who was right by the star, he swaps with Dk, and ends up on the same space as Birdo.

A duel ensues and Waluigi bets all 89 coins. Then they actually beat the real player and won 176 coins.

Birdo then couldn’t buy the star. The guy must be so mad lmao.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Seriously, should I get Diamond or Pearl?
All that’s different is a few version exclusive Pokémon. It’s really just up to which ones you like more. Nothing about the story changes.

I also think they implied that he wanted to bang Lusamine but my memory may he failing me.
Who doesn’t?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seriously, should I get Diamond or Pearl?
Serious answer? Normally I'd say wait for more info and if it's more or less a straight remake, go for Platinum, but the prices have become so absurd that even the 60 bucks Switch games are gonna be a lot cheaper (unless you want counterfeits).

So in that sense, just pick the edition which has the Pokemon you prefer. Unlike some later gens, Diamond and Pearl don't have any version exclusive features or locations.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Team Yell are great as a parody of toxic football fans and given where Marnie's from in relation to real world UK, they're Liverpool fans which is extremely fitting.

Besides, SwSh gave us Macros Cosmos who literally don't ****ing exist until Game Freak remembered "Oh yeah we need the bad stuff to happen so uh, Energy Crisis in a Thousand Years time that could easily wait a few hours"

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
day 176 of redownloading my entire games library

all thats left to download are the updates to my cartridge games

the end of my torment is near

Shroob

Sup?
Team Yell are great as a parody of toxic football fans and given where Marnie's from in relation to real world UK, they're Liverpool fans which is extremely fitting.

Besides, SwSh gave us Macros Cosmos who literally don't ****ing exist until Game Freak remembered "Oh yeah we need the bad stuff to happen so uh, Energy Crisis in a Thousand Years time that could easily wait a few hours"
Chairman Rose just makes me slam my head

Bro

It's in a THOUSAND YEARS

DUDE

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay but real talk I went to bed with about 36 games to download and it didn't finish until after I woke up 8 hours later.

And that was on a wired connection.

One of the most scuffed system transfers I've been through lmao

Probably gonna break it in with a replay of Fire Emblem Warriors and then SMTV when it releases. Just gotta wait for pay day so I can buy the bundle.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Chairman Rose just makes me slam my head

Bro

It's in a THOUSAND YEARS

DUDE
If we saw the Galar region was actually dwindling in resources, it’s not too bad yet but people are clearly starting to struggle, and the energy crisis would start in like…I dunno five years. Then his reaction would make sense. **** is going south fast and he’s desperate. It wouldn’t be a monumental story, but it wouldn’t be nonsensical.

But nah man, lemme piss off a 100 foot long apocalypse dragon cuz ****’s gonna be tough in a millennium.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If we saw the Galar region was actually dwindling in resources, it’s not too bad yet but people are clearly starting to struggle, and the energy crisis would start in like…I dunno five years. Then his reaction would make sense. **** is going south fast and he’s desperate. It wouldn’t be a monumental story, but it wouldn’t be nonsensical.

But nah man, lemme piss off a 100 foot long apocalypse dragon cuz ****’s gonna be tough in a millennium.
And it absolutely had to happen during the tournament
He couldn't even wait a couple of hours for it to finish

Shroob

Sup?

It's like

I don't remember who said it, but someone actually brought up a good point that like, I dunno, if we had seen Rose first learn about the crisis early in the game and kinda obsess over it throughout the game, until it pushes him to extreme measures, then sure, 'cause like, even if it's irrational to worry about something that'll happen long after you're dead, who hasn't worried about something happening years out, and having it gnaw on the back of their mind?

But nah "Energy crisis in 1k years? Better fix it NAO"

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Leon: Hey man, it's gonna happen in 1000 years, we got time, ley's just focus on the tournament and we'll discuss tomorrow

Rose:
ExhgdSJWUAcj2t2.jpg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
alright I have been given too many liked comments today, so now I’m ending it to become a free man

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom