• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
The crazy thing about CacoMallow is that while it was implied that it meant Geno and Doomguy coming, we somehow never actually saw either of them.
Eh, is it that crazy? Geno and Doomguy were basically the talk of the town when it dropped, so it's obvious why the leaker chose those 2 to hint at. SOO many people thought we'd get Doomguy at that year's TGAS.... and instead, we got no Dash.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
The crazy thing about CacoMallow is that while it was implied that it meant Geno and Doomguy coming, we somehow never actually saw either of them.
Making those character models would be too much effort. :yeahboi:

Not gonna lie, if you're gonna leak, just leak something massive instead of drip-feeding folks. The more ya show, the more folks will think "If this is a fake, a whole bunch of effort was put into it. Maybe it's real."

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So Lamperouge Lamperouge @Dyllybirdy Wademan94 Wademan94 @duxx and uh, whoever else is a nerd. So one of the other reasons why I was absent the past two days in a way. I was very sick but straight binging a show was the other reason.

Was mid-way watching through Ben-To and then decided to finally tick off a long overdue watch of a show. As in one of THE anime.

And it's:

View attachment 336955

Was way, way overdue and was gonna hold it off since I knew the plot ending but it was interesting.

First of all holy **** again and again.

-The transformation of Light into Kira is so frightening, twisted and very human. Seeing him literally turn into a mad god and then his demise was well done. He is one of the best characters I've seen and once again the vocals of Mamoru Miyano elevates it.

-Almost every episode is unpredictable as you think "oh **** can he really go that far?" vibe. Like how far would he go to kill. I was expected him to murder everyone in the final episode except Near and then challenge him.

-Speaking of the final episode. The end of the mad king and seeing him degrade and degrade like shredding any sense of humanity he had (if any) left.

-The cat and mouse between Light and L is spectacular, though L's death should have been about two scenes earlier but that's a nitpick. Does make you wonder how in the end if Light really hated him. Just so many twists and turns.

-That moment where Light remembers everything. Oh. My. God. Has to be one of the best moments in anime. That smile was so demented.

To really sum it up: If you want to see an anime that plays like a multiplayer chess game this is it. Pacing did get pretty uneven and I feel some bits should have been longer and some shorter.

Gonna give a Category 2 (8.5 to 9.5 out of 10). Being placed below the likes of Anohana, Cowboy Bebop and Land of the Lustrous but above the likes of Made in Abyss, Wonder Egg Priority and Mushoku Tensei.

So there you guys go. I could do more thoughts but I'm hungry.
Dude, Death Note is a fantastic anime and one of my favs.

And it's nice to see another person who appreciated the twist and thought the ending was actually good. Feel like some miss the point of the narrative when they say that they wanted Light to win in the end, and I thought the show handled his fall from grace quite well.

Shroob

Sup?
Making those character models would be too much effort. :yeahboi:

Not gonna lie, if you're gonna leak, just leak something massive instead of drip-feeding folks. The more ya show, the more folks will think "If this is a fake, a whole bunch of effort was put into it. Maybe it's real."
Reminder that the person who made the Grinch leak was, in accordance with the copypasta, smarter than Saudi Arabia's intelligence agency.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Just beat Metroid Dread again and got a time of 5:20:57.
That's more than half the time it took beat the first go around.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also why even bring that up at all like I could get like the CIA but why Saudi Arabia and how does that even relate to Smash and how would they know
I bring up random, outlandish, strangely specific things when I’m trying to exaggerate for the sake of comedy.

But the joke there was that such a strange statement was meant to emphasize the legitimacy of the grinch leak which uhhhhh

Yeah.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Dude, Death Note is a fantastic anime and one of my favs.

And it's nice to see another person who appreciated the twist and thought the ending was actually good. Feel like some miss the point of the narrative when they say that they wanted Light to win in the end, and I thought the show handled his fall from grace quite well.
It was worth the watch honestly but like I said it wasn't perfect.

As for now I'm gonna go back to Ben-To and then another slice of life or Isekai. Really trying to keep up the momentum of anime.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom