• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Team Rocket, Team Magma, Team Aqua, Team Galactic, Team Plasma, Team Flare, Team Skull, Team Yell...

Oh $#!+. We forgot Team Snagem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. So is Japan like bigger in the Pokémon universe then in real life or what? Because like… I can buy it having four regions if it’s New York equivalent is a single region, that means the US must have like 10. But like… a fourth or possibly even less of Japan is not the same size as all of France or the UK. Like… what’s the explanation? Are Kalos and Galar merely parts of a larger collection of French and British regions? Or am I overestimating how big France and the UK are compared to Japan? Like is there a reason for this besides Pokémon being a Japanese franchise and thus centering more around the nation then other areas of the world?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Ok. So is Japan like bigger in the Pokémon universe then in real life or what? Because like… I can buy it having four regions if it’s New York equivalent is a single region, that means the US must have like 10. But like… a fourth or possibly even less of Japan is not the same size as all of France or the UK. Like… what’s the explanation? Are Kalos and Galar merely parts of a larger collection of French and British regions? Or am I overestimating how big France and the UK are compared to Japan? Like is there a reason for this besides Pokémon being a Japanese franchise and thus centering more around the nation then other areas of the world?
France outside of Paris doesn’t exist so in that sense the Pokémon universe is entirely accurate

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Another question. When did Mew first become obtainable and how? Cause I know you could only get him in Red/Blue/Yellow with a glitch. But like… they continued to code him into the games in the future so he had to be obtainable somehow.

Shroob

Sup?
Another question. When did Mew first become obtainable and how? Cause I know you could only get him in Red/Blue/Yellow with a glitch. But like… they continued to code him into the games in the future so he had to be obtainable somehow.
Iirc back during Red/Blue days(Or was it Yellow), you could take your game to a special place and get a Mew, like Toys R'Us.

Fun fact, but iirc, these effectively were loaded with Mews and performed a trade, so these could theoretically run out of Mews.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nah, it's just the fiest 4 were based off Japan's islands, and they can't really pull new material from Japan anymore, so they branched out.

Galar is close to Kalos, Unova is just New York is is mist definitely a part of a much larger Pokemerica which Alola is also apart off.

Kalos and Galar were so small because... well... their games didn't have much to them tbh. Kalos especially, it never got an expansion pack or definitive version or anything really.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Iirc back during Red/Blue days(Or was it Yellow), you could take your game to a special place and get a Mew, like Toys R'Us.

Fun fact, but iirc, these effectively were loaded with Mews and performed a trade, so these could theoretically run out of Mews.
imagine if scalpers could scalp Pokemon

like like like

Imagine they release a 'Mon that's like, required for the latest meta, that's how good it is

but you need an amiibo card for it

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Kalos is just Northern France.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokémon regions, while of course very similar to our continents and countries, aren’t exact 1:1 analogues. There are significant differences, mostly for game mechanic purposes.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I am excited to try SMT with 3 and 5. But like… idk it seems to be missing stuff that makes the Persona series so appealing to me so like… idk. I guess we’ll see.

Lol. They should make a new Devil Children game.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So Lamperouge Lamperouge Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Wademan94 Wademan94 duxx duxx and uh, whoever else is a nerd. So one of the other reasons why I was absent the past two days in a way. I was very sick but straight binging a show was the other reason.

Was mid-way watching through Ben-To and then decided to finally tick off a long overdue watch of a show. As in one of THE anime.

And it's:

1636242080559.png

Was way, way overdue and was gonna hold it off since I knew the plot ending but it was interesting.

First of all holy **** again and again.

-The transformation of Light into Kira is so frightening, twisted and very human. Seeing him literally turn into a mad god and then his demise was well done. He is one of the best characters I've seen and once again the vocals of Mamoru Miyano elevates it.

-Almost every episode is unpredictable as you think "oh **** can he really go that far?" vibe. Like how far would he go to kill. I was expected him to murder everyone in the final episode except Near and then challenge him.

-Speaking of the final episode. The end of the mad king and seeing him degrade and degrade like shredding any sense of humanity he had (if any) left.

-The cat and mouse between Light and L is spectacular, though L's death should have been about two scenes earlier but that's a nitpick. Does make you wonder how in the end if Light really hated him. Just so many twists and turns.

-That moment where Light remembers everything. Oh. My. God. Has to be one of the best moments in anime. That smile was so demented.

To really sum it up: If you want to see an anime that plays like a multiplayer chess game this is it. Pacing did get pretty uneven and I feel some bits should have been longer and some shorter.

Gonna give a Category 2 (8.5 to 9.5 out of 10). Being placed below the likes of Anohana, Cowboy Bebop and Land of the Lustrous but above the likes of Made in Abyss, Wonder Egg Priority and Mushoku Tensei.

So there you guys go. I could do more thoughts but I'm hungry.

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
So Lamperouge Lamperouge Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Wademan94 Wademan94 duxx duxx and uh, whoever else is a nerd. So one of the other reasons why I was absent the past two days in a way. I was very sick but straight binging a show was the other reason.

Was mid-way watching through Ben-To and then decided to finally tick off a long overdue watch of a show. As in one of THE anime.

And it's:

View attachment 336955

Was way, way overdue and was gonna hold it off since I knew the plot ending but it was interesting.

First of all holy **** again and again.

-The transformation of Light into Kira is so frightening, twisted and very human. Seeing him literally turn into a mad god and then his demise was well done. He is one of the best characters I've seen and once again the vocals of Mamoru Miyano elevates it.

-Almost every episode is unpredictable as you think "oh **** can he really go that far?" vibe. Like how far would he go to kill. I was expected him to murder everyone in the final episode except Near and then challenge him.

-Speaking of the final episode. The end of the mad king and seeing him degrade and degrade like shredding any sense of humanity he had (if any) left.

-The cat and mouse between Light and L is spectacular, though L's death should have been about two scenes earlier but that's a nitpick. Does make you wonder how in the end if Light really hated him. Just so many twists and turns.

-That moment where Light remembers everything. Oh. My. God. Has to be one of the best moments in anime. That smile was so demented.

To really sum it up: If you want to see an anime that plays like a multiplayer chess game this is it. Pacing did get pretty uneven and I feel some bits should have been longer and some shorter.

Gonna give a Category 2 (8.5 to 9.5 out of 10). Being placed below the likes of Anohana, Cowboy Bebop and Land of the Lustrous but above the likes of Made in Abyss, Wonder Egg Priority and Mushoku Tensei.

So there you guys go. I could do more thoughts but I'm hungry.
Oh damn, this really your first time watching it? Such a great show. Glad you liked it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
alright I have been given too many liked comments today, so now I’m ending it to become a free man
Shroob Shroob won’t let me free

anywho…here is a nice comic short
34A23B3B-0609-47D6-A83E-D00B00A1484B.jpeg
7316921C-6AD8-427B-B916-E4C9A3FC8A9D.jpeg

Shroob

Sup?
Shroob Shroob won’t let me free

anywho…here is a nice comic short
View attachment 336963
1636246191341.png

Bottom text

Status