• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Thought it was cool to share.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Stopped Deltarune shortly after starting Chapter 2.

I'm thinking it's connected to Undertale in the way that this was an alternate timeline where Asriel didn't die, Kris is this universes Chara, but the adventures of Frisk happened and takes place after the true pacifist ending where Frisk left for more adventures.

Can't wait to see how wrong I am.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Stopped Deltarune shortly after starting Chapter 2.

I'm thinking it's connected to Undertale in the way that this was an alternate timeline where Asriel didn't die, Kris is this universes Chara, but the adventures of Frisk happened and takes place after the true pacifist ending where Frisk left for more adventures.

Can't wait to see how wrong I am.
All I will say is:

Potassium

EDIT: BRUH I DIDN'T KNOW THIS

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Crocodile Dundee's still a classic. My favorite Australian films (I find the third one IMO to be kinda underrated and not as bad as it's made out to be with a rather fitting ending).

It better not be touched by the cursed nostalgia trend...

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey Momotsuki Momotsuki

Since you seem to be a BIG fan of Yume Nikki, do you think you have like any theories or opinion on Mars-San?

Asking because, when I played YN this year, Mars-San ended up becoming one of my favourite character out of all them. All thanks to the music, the symbolisms and the all the thing you need to have & then do to access him. Especially since Uboa ended up being a bit of dissapointement due to me knowing so much about it & getting him on my third/fourth try.

D

Deleted member

If I turn back into Vocaloid trash, I'm gonna blame Animal Crossing for that.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Hey Momotsuki Momotsuki

Since you seem to be a BIG fan of Yume Nikki, do you think you have like any theories or opinion on Mars-San?

Asking because, when I played YN this year, Mars-San ended up becoming one of my favourite character out of all them. All thanks to the music, the symbolisms and the all the thing you need to have & then do to access him. Especially since Uboa ended up being a bit of dissapointement due to me knowing so much about it & getting him on my third/fourth try.
Despite the idea you'd get from the game's vibes, one of the worst mistakes you can make while playing Yume Nikki is reading into things too much. You wouldn't think so given how cryptic it can be - seemingly begging to be "solved," but it's a game largely meant to be interpreted however you end up doing so. So I don't have any hard "theories" on Masada, but I do think he can largely be taken to represent a vague feeling of comfort in what can otherwise be a very oppressive atmosphere. He's very much unique in feeling like the only hand on your shoulder throughout the whole thing, despite not really being that much more active than any of the other one-shot NPCs. I think he's a great character for that reason, and said reason is also why he sticks out so much to many players.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Despite the idea you'd get from the game's vibes, one of the worst mistakes you can make while playing Yume Nikki is reading into things too much. You wouldn't think so given how cryptic it can be - seemingly begging to be "solved," but it's a game largely meant to be interpreted however you end up doing so. So I don't have any hard "theories" on Masada, but I do think he can largely be taken to represent a vague feeling of comfort in what can otherwise be a very oppressive atmosphere. He's very much unique in feeling like the only hand on your shoulder throughout the whole thing, despite not really being that much more active than any of the other one-shot NPCs. I think he's a great character for that reason, and said reason is also why he sticks out so much to many players.
Oh yeah, I agree that YN is one of those games where you shouldn't read toooo much into it, at least to the point where you want to "solve" it. 'cuz there is no certified answer, and everyone can have different take on it's world & characters.

I was more wondering what he & his area meant to you when you first played the game. 'cuz again, everyone gonna have different experience/feeling when they play YN for the first time & see some of the setpieces, character & other weird events the game has in whatever order they decide to go through. Even if they're some reccurring theme here and there, YN is one of those games that is just perfect for personal intepretations, without having to worry about a "coherent" plot that might throw wrench in some peoples opinion of it's most obscure details.

It's a game like no other you could say. (well if we just ignore the millions of YN fangame out there, but then again, lots of them are really good, so ignore this)

Also, I see you using "Masada", are you refering to this fella.
Mars-san.gif

or this fella.
Seccom_Masada_Profile.png

'cuz I was talking of the former in my other post. Though both are great characters.

EDIT: lemme know if what i'm sayin' make sense, I'm..not great at sharing my thoughts at time hahaha.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, I agree that YN is one of those games where you shouldn't read toooo much into it, at least to the point where you want to "solve" it. 'cuz there is no certified answer, and everyone can have different take on it's world & characters.

I was more wondering what he & his area meant to you when you first played the game. 'cuz again, everyone gonna have different experience/feeling when they play YN for the first time & see some of the setpieces, character & other weird events the game has in whatever order they decide to go through. Even if they're some reccurring theme here and there, YN is one of those games that is just perfect for personal intepretations, without having to worry about a "coherent" plot that might throw wrench in some peoples opinion of it's most obscure details.

It's a game like no other you could say. (well if we just ignore the millions of YN fangame out there, but then again, lots of them are really good, so ignore this)

Also, I see you using "Masada", are you refering to this fella.
View attachment 336935
or this fella.
View attachment 336936
'cuz I was talking of the former in my other post. Though both are great characters.
Ah, I was talking about the latter, whoops! Got confused, it's been a minute, my apologies. As for Mars-San, I definitely get the idea that it relates to Madotsuki to some degree. It's a dream - everything does - but like, it gives off empathetic vibes with how it presents itself, a one-on-one "somebody understands." As for the machinery - perhaps it's the subject of a shared burden between the two - something Madotsuki remembers herself.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ah, I was talking about the latter, whoops! Got confused, it's been a minute, my apologies. As for Mars-San, I definitely get the idea that it relates to Madotsuki to some degree. It's a dream - everything does - but like, it gives off empathetic vibes with how it presents itself, a one-on-one "somebody understands." As for the machinery - perhaps it's the subject of a shared burden between the two - something Madotsuki remembers herself.
No problem!

Also, you hit right on the money. The fact he is only accessible after sleeping in Masada Ship, which is only feasible after sleeping in a bed in the Dream World, which you can only do after you, well, sleep to start of all of this, just make me wonder soooo many things.

One of which is how he got even down there, and the other is how anyone found him in the legit aka not datamine way all the way back when the game was found by English users back in the day.

It must have been surreal, because at least, it felt this way to me when I finally managed to arrive there. (thanks to the help of a guide admitelly, but still). Unlike Uboa, Mars-San is very rarely mentionned if at all outside of fans of YN. The music on Mars when you first land on the surface make this place look so....alien, cold, empty, what have you. Like you're all alone in the universe and there's no way out. (and if you don't have the smol effect, you're indeed kinda stuck unless you quit the dream world or use the teleport hand)
If you do have the smol effect with you though, you can enter the hole on the top of the mountain, and then...
Intentionally or not (there's some theories that there was supposed to be more of this area), this music is like a complete 180 in term of ambiance & mood. You slowy walk down the stair, and then, at last, you see a weird giant one eye creature crying in front of a broken train, apparantly stuck all alonewith no way out. Not even the knife being able to kill it & end whatever state it is in now.

Idk how to put it, like I said, everyone will have more or less different opinion of this kind of imagery when they first arrive, but to me, this moment out of all of them just...resonated so hard with me. The combination of factor going into it just made me feel so many emotions on the moment, and to this day, when I think of YN, this single room, where a lonely human girl and a giant yet, just as if not more lonely alien meet for the first time, yet are unable to communicate in any way. Is one of the many reasons why i'm so glad I played it after all this time.

That's my take on it at least, whatever you feel about Mars-San. I love to hear if you had a similar experience to what I described with any other moment in YN. Of course, no forcing!

D

Deleted member

I admit I'm very much out of the loop when it comes to Yume Nikki (and never managed to beat it), but who is Mars-san?

D

Deleted member

osby osby Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen Noipoi Noipoi Lamperouge Lamperouge Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Idk, I quite liked this movie a lot actually.

Visually It has some breathtaking moments, specially the stuff involving the Celestials. The actors obviously do a great job, specially the ones such as Angelina Jolie.

I found It neat to see a Marvel hero who speaks in sign language, as someone who knows people who do so IRL. And all in all the movie felt quite inclusive with some of the characters.

I liked specially how the movie felt phylosophical and experimental: a lot of themes about the end of life, the cycle of life and the meaning of everything. It's stuff people aren't used to in the MCU nowadays and I hope that the mixed reception doesn't stop Marvel Studios from trying again with more IPs.

Clearly the movie isn't for everyone: just as I didn't like the intense amount of action and explosions in Black Widow, people who aren't invested in stuff such as lore or character interactions may not be invested in the movie.
But if you are feeling confident on It I'd say to give It a watch.

Gonna give It a 7.5, not a movie for everyone like Shang Chi but still had a good time with It.

And I took this dope photo with my IRL friends at the exit of the cinema but I obviously can't share It.
May do so at Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna 's server doh as It is more private.

So yeah, had a really dope evening.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I admit I'm very much out of the loop when it comes to Yume Nikki (and never managed to beat it), but who is Mars-san?
This fella right here.
Mars-san.gif

Yes, he look very weird & even funny at first glance, but hey, he is a alien after all.

The only thing more weird about him however is the way to access him, which is uh, very, very out there. (and require 2 effects to go where he is in)

You need to find a bed in the dream world, go inside & outside of it until you teleport to a stair area, go downstair until you reach a fire, use a effect like rain or snow to remove the fire. Go forward until you reach a space ship. Inside the ship, go in & out of the bed til a red alarm goes off. The space ship will then land on Mars, on Mars, go forward til you reach a hole, finally, use a effect that make you small to enter it, and finally Mars-San will be here.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Haha, wonder what he means by that?

Sneaky, why are you in my house?

What do you mean no witnesses means no evidence?

Sneaky no-
Some say that when Sneaky enter your house at night, you might hear this before he jump on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom