• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Building up my list of shows and films to watch in preparation for Halloween:
  • Darkstalkers OVA (Episodes 1-4)
  • Just Beyond (Disney+ series)
  • Muppets Haunted Mansion (Disney+)
  • WandaVision Episode 6 - All-New Halloween Spooktacular.
  • Secrets of Sulphur Springs (Disney+)
  • Toy Story of Terror

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Probably slightly NSFW. For those old enough to remember the series from the early Youtube boom era of the internet. I still remember learning about the original short through word of mouth in Middle School, with someone having tricked our science teacher into showing it to the class. To this day I'm surprised FilmCow hasn't gotten an Adult Swim show or become a VA.

Am guessing most responses to this will vary widely by age. Be sure not to tell people the truth about the owls. That's supposed to be a secret!

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
On the subject of Square Enix bosses, one that's pretty damn difficult is Neo Exdeath.

Noipoi

Howdy!
After a decent while of fricking around with the editing options I finally got a fantasy map that looks satisfactory. Getting a good-looking one takes more time than you'd think
View attachment 335526
It's pretty undetailed at the moment but if anyone has any questions about this world I'll be happy to answer
What are the regions like?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 Where are most finding Chinese Riddler info? I want to follow.
Check r/PokeLeaks
He also has a Twitter where he came out with this tweet and told centro leaks to btfo:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
After a decent while of fricking around with the editing options I finally got a fantasy map that looks satisfactory. Getting a good-looking one takes more time than you'd think
View attachment 335526
It's pretty undetailed at the moment but if anyone has any questions about this world I'll be happy to answer
Did you have any specific inspirations for the names?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hear me out, a new live action/CGI Garfield movie that takes after Tom & Jerry where all the animals are cartoonish CG made to look 2D. Dunno the premise for it yet but here’s the cast I had in mind:

Garfield: Maurice LaMarche
Odie: Gregg Berger
Jon Arbuckle: Bill Hader
Liz Wilson: Janeane Garofalo
Nermal: Jack Dylan Grazer
Arlene: Jenny Slate

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've been fed and watered so I'm gonna probably do some story work tonight or something but first:

This week for a random bit of trivia marks five years since I've gotten into both of these games/series:

Neptuna.jpg

3626957699.jpg

The Legend of Heroes and Hyperdimension Neptunia. After binging the anime and completing Rebirth 1 in a few days I turned my attention to Trails of Cold Steel and then I fell in love with it.

5 Years On.

Neptunia:
The anime is still one of my comfort shows to watch, I love the characters to pieces (I still adore Noire especially), the music and setting is amazing but I'm not liking at all of the direction the series is going down.
Really needs a full revamp like Tales has done............or a fighting game crossover with Date A Live.

The Legend of Heroes:
One of my favourite series of all time, the first two games story of a class of military cadets seeing their country slowly but surely fall into war and then seeing the war itself is such a hard hitting concept. The first two games are one of my favourites for a lot of reasons.
Like seriously. I'd consider playing Cold Steel 1 to 4 as one of the best experiences I've played ever.

Just a late night thought.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
He also has a Twitter where he came out with this tweet and told centro leaks to btfo:
Centro really did ruin Pokemon speculation, huh?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
What are the regions like?
Callista's the Europe-styled region, Kumajan has the Middle East and South Asian-styled cultures, and Tianma is the East Asian analogue, plus a bit of continental Southeast Asia at the bottom. Venmorek is more gothic horror than any explicit cultural analogue.
Did you have any specific inspirations for the names?
Callista is based on Jupiter's moon Callisto, going off of the same mindset as the Europe/Europa similarities. Kumajan's derived from Kumari Kandam, a mythical continent allegedly south of India and origin of the Tamil peoples, and Tianma comes from a historical Chinese worldview called tianxia. Venmorek came from fricking around with a list of random fantasy place name, prefixes, and suffixes.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
As many problems as I have with Fortnite, it is undeniable how insane it is as a crossover. Just wait until they add Half Life and Portal characters.

…Wait, that’d actually be really fitting for the game.
Scout was in Fall Guys so a TF2 crossover is very likely.

Heck, we're supposedly getting Naruto someday. I know it's not TF2 related, but that's just wild.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom