• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Hmmm....

So, asking any fellow Minecraft peeps:

What are your thoughts on the Fabric VS Forge debate? I'm personally in love with Fabric+Sodium's massively improved framerates and performance over the clunky Forge+Optifine combo, but Forge and Optifine still just have massively wider support and Iris (the shader mod for Fabric) is still in it's growing pains atm and has some minor visual bugs with certain effects.

I'm thinking I'll have two loadouts for both, of course, but I can't decide which one I wanna use for my vanilla build for shaders.
There’s a lot of good mods you can find for Fabric too, but if you want shaders or a big Vanilla+ experience I’d stick with Forge for now.

Tbh I haven’t actually tried Iris, but if it’s buggy then Optifine sounds better. There’s another shader or at least shader-like mod for Fabric, Canvas Renderer (I don’t remember if it actually let you use shaders, I just know it had some cool effects like glowing Endermen and spider eyes), but it’s not compatible with Sodium or Optifine shaders…

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
By the way, my friend who is a KH fan told me to skip the first one and watch the cutscenes on Youtube. I also watched the Somecallmejohnny review and he reaffirmed this by saying the game didn't age well, but I wanted to know what you guys think.
I'm playing the 1.5 Remix right now after like 15 years since I played the original so I feel like I can chime in and give my opinion. The game definitely is rough around the edges when it comes to physics and platforming, not to mention the camera is a headache. However, it's still a very fun game and I think overall it's very good. I don't recommend skipping it despite how bad some of its elements have aged, and I will say to keep an open mind since the series does get much better later on.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
MooMew64 MooMew64 wanna help me with something?

I'm tinkering around with Minecraft shaders and resolutions. Graphics ans Dynamic Lighting are at fast, Rendee Distance of 5 chunks. ATM, it with the shaders I have, here's my findings:

• Sildur's enhanced default works at 60fps 1080p. 4k makes it **** the bed
  • Sildur's Lite give a solid 30fps at 1080, 45ish at 900, and 60 at 720
  • Chocapic-Low is all over the place at 900p and 1080p, but solid at 720p
  • BSL just struggles to hit 50 even at 720p
  • Builders QOL hits a solid 60 at 720, can hit 60 at 900, and a solid 40 at 1080
Which one do you think I should go with? I want to take in account for both decent visuals as well as not terrible framerate.

Edit: So update, after changing the render quality to .75, I was able to obtain 60fps on Sildur's lite at 900p.

Edit 2: Same with Chocapic and BSL

Edit 3: BSL doesn't work lmao
Have you tried using Complementary Shaders? They're super lightweight and designed to be styled after vanilla, so they look fantastic while being super optimized for performance.

Running it with Iris+Fabric, I get a solid 100-150 framerate at 1920x1080 fullscreen with a chunk render distance of 12 and fog at 32.

Another method I would definitely recommend for performance is checking out Fabulously Optimized : It does wonders for your performance, and is the biggest reason I'm becoming pro-Fabric over Forge and Optifine. As I was talking with others here, Forge is still probably the best option due to their history and current groundwork, but Fabric and Iris are moving fast: I think things are gonna be very different this time next year. The biggest things that are gonna get Forge and Optifine in the end are that they're closed source; Iris and Fabric are open source, so more work is constantly being done, and day one updates with vanilla MC are possible.

TheCJBrine TheCJBrine

Upon further testing, I actually don't think it's buggy, I think it's actually due to a lack of PBR! The only reason I thought there were bugs was because waterfalls looked just a smidge strange, but upon further testing, I think it's being caused by water blocks reflecting themselves, which if I remember correctly, was something Optifine struggled with in the past before PBR and other things entered the scene. TBH, once Iris gets PBR or a Fabric PBR mod is made and Phosphor updates, I think the shader scene is gonna get a huge shakeup. A lot is riding on Iris right now due to a decent amount of people getting tired of Forge and Optifine's archaic structure. Forge and Optifine seem to be working against Mojang's vanilla optimizations by brute forcing replacing it with their own, while Fabric, Sodium, and Iris are aiming to more naturally coexist with the systems Mojang has put in place to give modders compatibility. We're in early days now, but in another few years, I could see Forge going the way of ModLoader.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Have you tried using Complementary Shaders? They're super lightweight and designed to be styled after vanilla, so they look fantastic while being super optimized for performance.

Running it with Iris+Fabric, I get a solid 100-150 framerate at 1920x1080 fullscreen with a chunk render distance of 12 and fog at 32.

Another method I would definitely recommend for performance is checking out Fabulously Optimized : It does wonders for your performance, and is the biggest reason I'm becoming pro-Fabric over Forge and Optifine. As I was talking with others here, Forge is still probably the best option due to their history and current groundwork, but Fabric and Iris are moving fast: I think things are gonna be very different this time next year. The biggest things that are gonna get Forge and Optifine in the end are that they're closed source; Iris and Fabric are open source, so more work is constantly being done, and day one updates with vanilla MC are possible.

TheCJBrine TheCJBrine

Upon further testing, I actually don't think it's buggy, I think it's actually due to a lack of PBR! The only reason I thought there were bugs was because waterfalls looked just a smidge strange, but upon further testing, I think it's being caused by water blocks reflecting themselves, which if I remember correctly, was something Optifine struggled with in the past before PBR and other things entered the scene. TBH, once Iris gets PBR or a Fabric PBR mod is made and Phosphor updates, I think the shader scene is gonna get a huge shakeup. A lot is riding on Iris right now due to a decent amount of people getting tired of Forge and Optifine's archaic structure. Forge and Optifine seem to be working against Mojang's vanilla optimizations by brute forcing replacing it with their own, while Fabric, Sodium, and Iris are aiming to more naturally coexist with the systems Mojang has put in place to give modders compatibility. We're in early days now, but in another few years, I could see Forge going the way of ModLoader.
What is this Fabric you're mentioning?

I only have Forge and Opti

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Kingdom Hearts is such a strange series for me personally.

-I got into it because characters from The World Ends With You appeared in Dream Drop Distance and I loved Sora's character design. For most people it would have been KH that led them into TWEWY so I feel odd on being the reverse.

-Got me into Final Fantasy and through a lot of other series. So yeah, blame KH for getting me into Hyperdimension Neptunia in the long run.

-Not a fan of the combat in the early games and the Disney worlds feel way too much.

-It's the Disney characters that's part of why I can't get into the games as much as I want to. I love almost everything about it except too much of that and the combat.

It's a great series no doubt about it, just one I'm so divided on a personal level.

Last edited:

MooMew64

What is this Fabric you're mentioning?

I only have Forge and Opti
It's a newer mod loader. It's only been around since 1.16 or so, so it's in early days: It aims at being super lightweight and it updates waaaaay faster than Forge, apparently they aim for same day updates with Mojang's official builds.

IMO if you're going for vanilla with shaders or vanilla+ builds, it's 100% the absolute best option ATM: People have literally tripled their framerates running Fabric and it's performance mods over Optifine and Forge.

It's biggest weakness is the big content creators for the big mods are still all on Forge, but IMO that's only an issue if you plan on making mod packs, and more Forge ports are starting to pop up and there's also new modders hitting the scene with their own Fabric equivalents.

For recommendations for Forge, I'll write that in another post, but give me a sec, I need to get some lunch over here real quick 'cause it's getting late lol.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I also want to mention that expecting everyone to experience a piece of media within a month of its release isn't realistic, especially games as some of them can clock in at 70 hours

There's more to life than consume product, I'm still catching up with Nintendo's old games since I barely had time for them when I was a student and barely have time for them now when I'm an adult and am forced to let my newer games to sit on my shelf and collect dust

MooMew64

I also want to mention that expecting everyone to experience a piece of media within a month of its release isn't realistic, especially games as some of them can clock in at 70 hours

There's more to life than consume product, I'm still catching up with Nintendo's old games since I barely had time for them when I was a student and barely have time for them now when I'm an adult and am forced to let my newer games to sit on my shelf and collect dust
I still haven't finished Dread and WarioWare 'cause I play other stuff too and I do art and YT shenanigans lol.

I barely finish games nowadays 'cause of that.

Last edited:

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm playing through the first KH now as well. I can tell its a bit outdated when it comes to the feel of the controls but I still think it's solid. My biggest complaint is that they don't tell you where to go. The Tarzan segment is a big example of this. You go back and forth between the house and the campsite over five times. It got tedious real quick.

Right now I'm back at Traverse Town and I'm kind of lost. I talked to the people in that house in the middle of the lake, as well as Leon and Aerith in the sewers. I've looked everywheres and the guides online seem to go out of order.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I still haven't finished Dread and WarioWare 'cause I play other stuff too and I do art and YT shenanigans lol.

I still haven't played stuff like Odyssey and BotW lol

The only major first-party Switch game I beat were Fire Emblem and Pokémon SwSh (bleh), and Dread is about to join that list

I actually only work 5-6 hours a day so I probably have more free time than most people here (for now), but I always feel exhausted when I get back home so whether or not I'll actually play something is a coin flip

Last edited:

MooMew64

TheMightyP TheMightyP

Okay, Forge time.

- Complimentary is also on Forge and it has more features there as a result. It looks incredible, runs great, and is vanilla friendly, probably my #1 recommendation.

- SEUS is an old favorite but I haven't used it in forever.

- Sildur's is pretty good and is another lightweight shader but IDK if it's been updated to 1.17 yet.

Optifine settings:

Try turning off things like Better Grass and Better Snow. Other effects like particles and and weather affects could also help if disabled. Biome blending is not really resource intensive but it could give a little boost if lowered/turned off. Turn on the option "Lazy Chunk Loading" as well.

Try messing around with chunk loading, too: It's basically the game's render distance. 8 is small but will definitely boost things.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm playing through the first KH now as well. I can tell its a bit outdated when it comes to the feel of the controls but I still think it's solid. My biggest complaint is that they don't tell you where to go. The Tarzan segment is a big example of this. You go back and forth between the house and the campsite over five times. It got tedious real quick.

Right now I'm back at Traverse Town and I'm kind of lost. I talked to the people in that house in the middle of the lake, as well as Leon and Aerith in the sewers. I've looked everywheres and the guides online seem to go out of order.
Yeah that's another flaw in the game, you can get lost quite easily without any guides. Now as for the section you're lost in, I believe you have to go to the gizmo shop in district 2 and climb a ladder until you find the three bells.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
So, I just spent the last hour and a half walking to Barnes and Noble, when I got there I spent 10 minutes counting coins with the cashier, tried to finish the payment on card, before realizing I only had 30 cents on it and was a 1.50 off the purchase.

Don’t think I’ve ever been more embarrassed.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How would you want to see Marvel handled in Kingdom Hearts? The pure comics? A mix? Multiple worlds based on different interpretations like one for MCU and one for Spider-Verse? As an example. Spitballing here.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Double Post
When compared to ones like Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, and Atlantis: The Lost Empire. Tarzan is nowhere close to being forgettable, not even close.

I've seen it have its fair share of attention. Maybe not Lion King or Aladdin levels, but it's definitely there when it comes to Disney fans.
Aren’t Atlantis and Planet generally considered as really memorable cult classics?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Kingdom Hearts I adore sometimes but man does the times when the main plot leaks into Disney worlds for the most part pretty cringe.

Hey we are in the world of Toy Story or The Little Mermaid, here's some dude in a black coat explaining cryptic stuff to a guy turned into a toy or a fillet-o-fish.

I'm fine with Disney stuff in KH, always has been. Just would have it rather far more streamlined.

I'm similar. I've a lot of free time to play due to hysterical laugh lack of a social life but most of that now is researching various stuff, online classes and creative stuff.

Wish I had the motivation to play games all the time again.

I hate having no social life.

Man, **** Giant Ursula on Proud Mode.
Oh dear God. I remember playing against her. Think that was the bit in KH1 I got bored with.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So, remember that unidentified climbing pokemon from the leaked images early on?

Apparently that's a Hisuian Sneasel evolution.

Sneasel happens to be my favourite Pokemon, so I'm a little conflicted on the idea.

MooMew64

MooMew64 MooMew64 hiw did you get the ridicously optimize to work in fabric? I put it in the .minecraft folder like they said to do. but I'm not seeing much change.
Did you download the MultiMC version?

The installation is a little confusing: The main install is for using the CurseForge launcher, the one for the vanilla launcher is the MultiMC download. You should just need to drop everything in the "minecraft" folder in your .minecraft directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom