• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Guess who got all the upgrades and made it to the final boss

That's right I have no life

I don't know what the word "outside" even means

My playtime is probably well over 11 hours tho so no nice picture of Samus without her power suit for me :c

Gonna beat the game tomorrow
I think Ima exercise now

I may have enjoyed playing Metroid Dread for over 8 hours but I don't think my back did

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I assume playing Kingdom Hearts III before the rest of the games would be a bad move?

That's the only one I currently have.
100% you shouldn't play 3 first.

I would recommend at least 1 and 2, and then watching cutscenes for the rest if you don't want to play them. However, I personally can vouch for Chain of Memories and Birth By Sleep being fantastic, but it's up to you.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Yeah it's not exactly the best entry to the series. You should play the 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 final chapter prologue collections before jumping into 3.
...I just jumped straight to KH3 cause it's funnier if I have no clue what's happening. :4pacman:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
And that’s another thing. Why Tarzan? Like I get that Tarzan is an iconic pop culture character in his own right but the Disney movie by itself is one of the more forgettable ones.
I'd assume Tarzan was the latest big Disney movie at the start of KH1's development, so they probably wanted to capitalize on that.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
And that’s another thing. Why Tarzan? Like I get that Tarzan is an iconic pop culture character in his own right but the Disney movie by itself is one of the more forgettable ones.
You gotta remember this was 2002. Development obviously was going on before 2002.

Tarzan was one of their most recent movies at the time.

MooMew64

Hmmm....

So, asking any fellow Minecraft peeps:

What are your thoughts on the Fabric VS Forge debate? I'm personally in love with Fabric+Sodium's massively improved framerates and performance over the clunky Forge+Optifine combo, but Forge and Optifine still just have massively wider support and Iris (the shader mod for Fabric) is still in it's growing pains atm and has some minor visual bugs with certain effects.

I'm thinking I'll have two loadouts for both, of course, but I can't decide which one I wanna use for my vanilla build for shaders.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Hmmm....

So, asking any fellow Minecraft peeps:

What are your thoughts on the Fabric VS Forge debate? I'm personally in love with Fabric+Sodium's massively improved framerates and performance over the clunky Forge+Optifine combo, but Forge and Optifine still just have massively wider support and Iris (the shader mod for Fabric) is still in it's growing pains atm and has some minor visual bugs with certain effects.

I'm thinking I'll have two loadouts for both, of course, but I can't decide which one I wanna use for my vanilla build for shaders.
I'll stick with Forge for now. Too many mods I specifically want to use are Forge-exclusive.

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's prety much how I feel about Alice being one of the seven princesses.

Like, I get that their options were limited but I really dislike her Disney interpretation.

Last edited:

MooMew64

I'll stick with Forge for now. Too many mods I specifically want to use are Forge-exclusive.
Yeah, I definitely won't be abandoning Forge completely yet: Too many of the big modders are refusing to move over. Which IMO is a shame, ad Sodium and Fabric both have proven themselves as massive improvements, but I guess it is what it is.

But yeah, I'll probably make a loadout for both is what I'm thinking.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Tarzan is one of my favourite movie of all time.

idk if it deserved to be KH, but seeing the franchise being completely removed from every KH games after the first make me sad. :C

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
MooMew64 MooMew64 wanna help me with something?

I'm tinkering around with Minecraft shaders and resolutions. Graphics ans Dynamic Lighting are at fast, Rendee Distance of 5 chunks. ATM, it with the shaders I have, here's my findings:

• Sildur's enhanced default works at 60fps 1080p. 4k makes it **** the bed
  • Sildur's Lite give a solid 30fps at 1080, 45ish at 900, and 60 at 720
  • Chocapic-Low is all over the place at 900p and 1080p, but solid at 720p
  • BSL just struggles to hit 50 even at 720p
  • Builders QOL hits a solid 60 at 720, can hit 60 at 900, and a solid 40 at 1080
Which one do you think I should go with? I want to take in account for both decent visuals as well as not terrible framerate.

Edit: So update, after changing the render quality to .75, I was able to obtain 60fps on Sildur's lite at 900p.

Edit 2: Same with Chocapic and BSL

Edit 3: BSL doesn't work lmao

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Tarzan is one of my favourite movie of all time.

idk if it deserved to be KH, but seeing the franchise being completely removed from every KH games after the first make me sad. :C
That had to do with licensing issues with the Edgar Rice Burroughs estate and family as well as contract between them and Disney expiring and unable to reclaim them. That's why aside from characters exclusively made for Disney's Tarzan, they're the only ones you rarely see at Disney World and haven't seen anything Tarzan related since.

Note that the source material to Tarzan as oppose to other Disney adaptions is rather relatively young having originated in 1912.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
After doing some exercise my back is much better

Because most of us haven't played Kingdom Hearts?
More then enough time to give those a chance to play it. I feel one month alone is more then enough time until something should no longer be labelled as a spoiler of something let alone 20 freakin years.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
More then enough time to give those a chance to play it. I feel one month alone is more then enough time until something should no longer be labelled as a spoiler of something let alone 20 freakin years.
Well, KH is currently experiencing a jump in attention (especially here) with its Smash Inclusion. Its not really that ridiculous to censor spoilers for those interested is it?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When compared to ones like Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, and Atlantis: The Lost Empire. Tarzan is nowhere close to being forgettable, not even close.

I've seen it have its fair share of attention. Maybe not Lion King or Aladdin levels, but it's definitely there when it comes to Disney fans.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
By the way, my friend who is a KH fan told me to skip the first one and watch the cutscenes on Youtube. I also watched the Somecallmejohnny review and he reaffirmed this by saying the game didn't age well, but I wanted to know what you guys think.
I understand this as a justification for not putting stuff in spoiler tag but why do you care if someone did?

Also I'm of the opinion that there are certain pieces of media that rely on twists as part of the experience and should not be spoiled for those who don't wish to be spoiled, regardless of how long it's been.

Also games are different because you need to own a specific hardware to play them and a lot of us are Nintendo fans that don't own that specific hardware, myself included, so we can't experience games that aren't on the hardware we own. The discussion for what should be considered a spoiler is much more nuanced than you're making it out to be and I noticed that you do that with a lot of things

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Time for a pfp change from Destiny to Ritsu. So happy I've the full soundtrack from K-On now. Been a treat.

Also:

1635012775419.png

I've just been laughing at the word Bran Flakes. Like I remember when it was marketed as the cyclist's breakfast, the Keto before Keto.

Tastes like hard wood.

And 2.

1635012916792.png

Switch Physical copy 44 - Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory.

Got it for £15 ($20) at a second hand store. Smash track and to support Indieszero (they developed Electroplankton and Theatrhythm) so why not.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
If Tarzan was a lot older like most source materials Disney bases most of its films on, the whole copyright limbo with the Edgar Rice Burrough estate wouldn't had been an issue.

Reminder Tarzan is one of the younger works Disney based a film on having first appeared in 1912.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom