• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Callista's the Europe-styled region, Kumajan has the Middle East and South Asian-styled cultures, and Tianma is the East Asian analogue, plus a bit of continental Southeast Asia at the bottom. Venmorek is more gothic horror than any explicit cultural analogue.

Callista is based on Jupiter's moon Callisto, going off of the same mindset as the Europe/Europa similarities. Kumajan's derived from Kumari Kandam, a mythical continent allegedly south of India and origin of the Tamil peoples, and Tianma comes from a historical Chinese worldview called tianxia. Venmorek came from fricking around with a list of random fantasy place name, prefixes, and suffixes.
I do love the name origins. Pretty similar to how I search for mine in place and characters. My main protag is a bit of messing around with gods and all, (Raiden becomes Laiku in the end through a lot of messing around. That sort of thing).

And how my world of Frontieria came from simply Frontier, like the new world sort of feeling. Gave it a nice fantasy touch of a word.

Easily one of the most fun things about stories is you can mess around with it all.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Aren't the character crossovers in Fortnite just skins?
Most of them from what I remember are suppose to be the actual in characters in the comics and videos they put out for their stories. Like the Marvel Heroes crossover are the actually characters who wound up on the ending.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just saying but I am loving the new pfp of Ritsu I've chosen.

Also. Lamperouge Lamperouge forgot to reply to the Nagotoro Season 2.

First Uzuki-chan and then Nagatoro? It's like Twitter has done good. They get offended and then the anime studios are like. Studios Exec: "It seems like it's popular for some reason. Offensive? Haha, this is enough to convince my boss for Season 2!"

Happy it's getting it.

Now (looks at anime list of what I've watched) can we get Land of the Lustrous Season 2 and prequel?
Amagi Brilliant Park movie?
Darling in the Franxx prequel?
To Your Eternity redoing without the things that piss me off so much about it?
Anohana 10th Anniversary special episode?

List goes on but happy for the show. Still gonna watch when I can.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think it’ll be too late to stream again

tomorrow for sure tho

man this schedule is really just… draining

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Finished Infinity War.

I now understand where a bunch of Marvel memes come from.

Oh and the film was alright too. A bit too much explosions though.
Infinity War is the action and depressing ending while Endgame is the character building and happy conclusions (for most) with just 1 massive fight

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Just finished watching Netflix's Carmen Sandiego cartoon.
It was a decent show meant for a younger audience with the fourth/final season being legit great.
A issue I did have was how Carmen pulled out a pure win against VILE practically every episode with the season finales (1-3) being expections along Season 4. The best character in my opinion is Chase Devineaux for the character arc he goes through over the course of the entire show.

I think I'll be watching Wonder Over Wander next.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sealed the Keyhole in Agrabah and escaped Monstro (I guess random Disney Whales floating in space don’t have keyholes inside them) and now i’m in Atlantica. And one step into Triton’s throne room and I remember how much I hated this movie as a kid, all because of how he and his daughter interact.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y'know, a part of me wondees that if regional forms would have been as well recieved if they were introduced in Gen 8 instead of 7.
No. They still would’ve been seen as a great idea, which they are obviously. But the stench of dexit wouldn’t have allowed them to be as well received as they were in gen 7.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sealed the Keyhole in Agrabah and escaped Monstro (I guess random Disney Whales floating in space don’t have keyholes inside them) and now i’m in Atlantica. And one step into Triton’s throne room and I remember how much I hated this movie as a kid, all because of how he and his daughter interact.
Atlantica is the worst section in this entire franchise.

A Wreck it Ralph world in KH4 and the main plot point is that Sora, Donald, and Goofy become self aware that they are actually in a video game the entire time
and Sora feels like he's met some of Ralph's friends before.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I guarantee we would have gotten hot takes in the vein of "GamefrEAk is lazy they are just reusing designs instead of making new designs."
Tbh, I've been seeing these takes pop up now, and though it's not really much (like, a very small amount), I have been wondering what if it was introduced a gen later.

I have seen more takes that they're getting tired of regional forms instead of saying they were outright lazy, however

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Ngl, I kinda wanna think about a Kingdom Hearts game what replaces Disney with Nintendo/Smash worlds with Mario, Luigi and Yoshi taking over Mickey, Goofy and Donald’s roles respectively
Gawrsh Mickey, how nice of the princess to invite us over, eh? I hope she got lotsa spagetthi, ayhuck

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Atlantica is the worst section in this entire franchise.

and Sora feels like he's met some of Ralph's friends before.
Isn’t it a Rhythm game in 2?

The one down side of a Ralph world would be the lack of the cameos from the non Disney non-square characters because I doubt they would be there. It’s one of the main reasons I both do and don’t want a Roger Rabbit world.

Noipoi

Howdy!

The one down side of a Ralph world would be the lack of the cameos from the non Disney non-square characters because I doubt they would be there. It’s one of the main reasons I both do and don’t want a Roger Rabbit world.
Just replace em all with classic final fantasy characters from the NES and such.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Yes, they made it entire rhythm based in 2 and it's not even there after that lol, Ariel is relegated to a summon in 3.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just replace em all with classic final fantasy characters from the NES and such.
“Jeepers Eddie! Who’s that little guy in the blue robe and pointy hat?”

Question regarding Kingdom Hearts: which Nintendo character do you think would work as a superboss in a Nintendo-themed Kingdom Hearts game?

Him or maybe Giratina

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom