• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ngl tho, the actual live stream was pretty great too, lots of cool details and people's just having alot of funs in general.

Worth ruining a night of sleep? Maybe not, but still had a good time overall.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Man, i forgot how fast paced Pokemon Black is, i just kinda blasted through most of this, i'm about to fight Skyla.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
NASB server made it a law that no character can be disrespected in any offensive way possible now
because of the amount of hate Lincoln and only him was given

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's wild to me that the Nintendo Switch has had bluetooth built into its hardware this entire time, but they never thought to give it wireless headphone support until after 3 years since its release.

Yet that's so like Nintendo.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I didn't post much as I said yesterday but right now I'm losing sleep over a few worries.

One is my online classes start tomorrow.

The other is me being a bit worried about Lamperouge.
It is not like him to not be on the forums for a few days at all and I can't help but thinking the worst. Hopefully it was sudden something happened IRL but again, bit worried.

That is all.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I read a Deltarune theory that (spoilers just in case) the Knight is actually Gaster. Funnily enough, Toby mentioned the Knight standing in a white door in his comment on his early arrangement of the main theme, as part of his idea for an anime opening or something, and in Undertale, you find the mystery man, heavily speculated and seemingly implied to be Gaster, through a white/light gray door.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I didn't post much as I said yesterday but right now I'm losing sleep over a few worries.

One is my online classes start tomorrow.

The other is me being a bit worried about Lamperouge.
It is not like him to not be on the forums for a few days at all and I can't help but thinking the worst. Hopefully it was sudden something happened IRL but again, bit worried.

That is all.
I’m sure he’s alright. Dude probably just got super busy with work or something.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This whole thing seems funny but I'm curious,....

Is there a story here?
it’s a combination of TLH hatred and not knowing/caring for the poor white haired kid. After awhile, the normally fun hatred managed to get more and more personal as time went by. Lincoln pretty much became the toxic Smash character type of hated character. He even got more hatred than Lynn Jr (aka the worst sister…and worst character)

oddly enough, Lucy only gets the “idk who this is” reaction and nothing else, while having a more positive reception

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
it’s a combination of TLH hatred and not knowing/caring for the poor white haired kid. After awhile, the normally fun hatred managed to get more and more personal as time went by. Lincoln pretty much became the toxic Smash character type of hated character. He even got more hatred than Lynn Jr (aka the worst sister…and worst character)

oddly enough, Lucy only gets the “idk who this is” reaction and nothing else, while having a more positive reception
So...

It's what Hero and Terry went through?

I find that odd, I don't watch cartoons much anymore, but I always thought Loud House was fairly popular.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So...

It's what Hero and Terry went through?

I find that odd, I don't watch cartoons much anymore, but I always thought Loud House was fairly popular.
It is popular, it’s the only show Nick hasn’t cancelled in recent years that’s a cartoon because it rivals the millions of views spongebob gets. Hell the creator was fired for being a sexual harasser and the show still kept going and got a spin-off.

It’s one of Nicks biggest money makers. However the key part is it’s a kids show. I imagine most of the Discord are 90s or early 2000s kids who would be more interested in the semantics of a video game than the Loud House target audience who would see Lincoln and go insta buy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This whole thing seems funny but I'm curious,....

Is there a story here?
There's what everyone else already mentioned, the fact that Loud House is actually more popular than Spongebob iirc and that some fans have a big issue with incest and NSFW stuff which considering the characters are like 95% children, has done a lot of harm to the fanbase from what I can tell. Personally, I know too little about the show as a whole to judge it but I do know the show's pretty open about LGBT stuff

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
NateDrake is saying N64 will be added to Switch Online but as part of a costlier subscription tier.
See, these are the kinds of rumors that make me catastrophize about the safety of everybody involved nonstop. I'd go into specifics, but that'd make many people here very uncomfortable.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
NateDrake is saying N64 will be added to Switch Online but as part of a costlier subscription tier.
I'd be very surprised if this were to happen for many reasons, but if they were I'd definitely bet on it being apart of a subscription tier. There's no way Nintendo will allow for Mario 64 to be free after charging $20 ($60) for it less than 6 months ago.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
There's what everyone else already mentioned, the fact that Loud House is actually more popular than Spongebob iirc and that some fans have a big issue with incest and NSFW stuff which considering the characters are like 95% children, has done a lot of harm to the fanbase from what I can tell. Personally, I know too little about the show as a whole to judge it but I do know the show's pretty open about LGBT stuff
I'm part of the Loud fandom, it was pretty much toxic sometimes.

But thankfully, it has calmed down.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
NOW THOU WORK IS DONE, ITEST CAN FINALLY EMBRACE THE EXCITEMENT FROM THY VERY SOONEST RELEAST OF DELTARUNE CHAPTER 2.

3 YEARS OFEST SPECULATION, MEMES, MORE THEORIES THAT MAKEST NO SENSE, SOON OUR QUESTIONS (well some of them) WILL BE ANSWERETH, AND OUREST BE FINALLY ABLE TO MOVE ON FROM ALL THOSE GOSHDANGEST "KRIS IS CHARA" THEORIES.

METROID DREAD? SMASH ULTIMATE'S FINAL CHARACTER? XENOBLADE 3?

AS YEE INSTANCE , NONE MATTER TO ME, THOU DELTARUNE HYPE CONSUME ALL. DELTARUNE!PAPYRUS? WHAT'S THE CITY?? MORE SANS JOKE ABOUT DATING YAR MOTHEREST???

ME CANNOT WAIT TO PLAY IT ALL....BUT NOW, THOUEST IS VERY TIREDESS FROM LACK OF SLEEPEST, SOOOOOO I'M GONNA TAKE A LITTLE NAP.

OH AND, DON'TEST GETTEST USED TO ME WRITTING LIKE THE REAL ROUXLS KAARD, ITEST AS ANNOYING TO READ FOR THOU THAT IT IS FOR THY TO WRITE, SERIOUSLY.

SAYANORA FOR NOW.

EDIT: OH AND HERE'S THIS TOO, BEFORE I FORGET.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well THAT was a surprise to wake up too! I've been thinking of doing gameplay videos on my channel, and given this new news, now seems about as good a time as any to start.
After I played it blind on my side, I would love to see you reaction to whatever the hell happen in chapter 2!

Also, rewatching the livestream, and Toby shout-out Brasil from Omori at one point, and no, this isn't a typo.

That's awesome.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
It always feels so satisfying ripping off an anime op the day before it got taken down. **** you Sony. You can try and purge all of your music off YT but I will find them without Spotify.

Almost forgot to share this yesterday- One time I rewatched the Xenoverse Direct and a Pokémon Trading Card Game advertisement played before it. :laugh:

View attachment 330503
That blunt text does scream at Nintendo "we are ****ing doing this out of passion. Not like a money grabber and are out to get you like you think they are."

You know like anime ops get taken down. **** annoys me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom