• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Reminder to those whose looking forward to Halloween Kills, it'll be out next month.

Michael Myers is supposed to go all out.

Michael Myers vs. Haddenfield.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So...

It's what Hero and Terry went through?

I find that odd, I don't watch cartoons much anymore, but I always thought Loud House was fairly popular.
it’s more so of a Byleth reaction
It is popular, it’s the only show Nick hasn’t cancelled in recent years that’s a cartoon because it rivals the millions of views spongebob gets. Hell the creator was fired for being a sexual harasser and the show still kept going and got a spin-off.

It’s one of Nicks biggest money makers. However the key part is it’s a kids show. I imagine most of the Discord are 90s or early 2000s kids who would be more interested in the semantics of a video game than the Loud House target audience who would see Lincoln and go insta buy.
how recent we talking about?

and there’s a good bit of late 2000s-2010s people in there who also hate on Loud House despite it being quite popular with children (tho idk if it’s a biggest money maker since I’ve legit never seen any merch from them before oddly enough)
There's what everyone else already mentioned, the fact that Loud House is actually more popular than Spongebob iirc and that some fans have a big issue with incest and NSFW stuff which considering the characters are like 95% children, has done a lot of harm to the fanbase from what I can tell. Personally, I know too little about the show as a whole to judge it but I do know the show's pretty open about LGBT stuff
they definitely like to treat LGBT subjects like it’s a normal thing (in a good way) instead of going down the “awesome LGBT moment“ that some may see as a problem for some sort of reason (since it can range from reasonable to stupid)
Pretty accurate.
won’t be accurate for long
And mind you that was only just 4 years after the show debuted.

Spongebob Squarepants: Chuckles I'm in danger.
Nickelodeon’s top face won’t be in danger just because he doesn’t get big YouTube views nor gained spin-off series during a time where those weren’t wanted

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm still taking a break but I just want to say this.

I bloody hate that cause of how crap YT has became (and the snobby copyrighters who never have a decent solution) to the point where I can't as much extended music anymore. Same with anime ops and all. Some of them are a needle to find in a haystack.

Now the site is getting to the point where I predicted. If it ain't copyrighted or clickbait, your head is gonna roll. 20 years time? You gonna post your family vacation with Looney Tunes music playing over? Sorry, gonna have to harvest your organs to pay for the copyright submission.

Honestly **** YouTube, **** Facebook, **** Reddit and well **** everywhere else except for here, Discord, Wikipedia and Google Drive. You guys are cool.

Rant over, going back to my break.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Update: PC Jevil DEFEATED.

Not on first try unlike my Switch try, but there I had much better items & was more prepared in general. That and I beated his face up on Switch (which I remember is more easy, but could be wrong), while on PC, I pacified him.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
it’s more so of a Byleth reaction

how recent we talking about?

and there’s a good bit of late 2000s-2010s people in there who also hate on Loud House despite it being quite popular with children (tho idk if it’s a biggest money maker since I’ve legit never seen any merch from them before oddly enough)

they definitely like to treat LGBT subjects like it’s a normal thing (in a good way) instead of going down the “awesome LGBT moment“ that some may see as a problem for some sort of reason (since it can range from reasonable to stupid)

won’t be accurate for long

Nickelodeon’s top face won’t be in danger just because he doesn’t get big YouTube views nor gained spin-off series during a time where those weren’t wanted
There’s a ton of merch:

Also these ratings are pretty damn good:

They literally just kept going up.

77F73855-74D9-4073-A946-8E9017DE9C2A.jpeg

It’s premiere literally rivaled Spngebob ratings, something no Nick cartoon has done since like FOP from what I know.

I don’t watch the show, but it’s definitely a massive franchise to Nick that’s making bank.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So uh, was it bad that I always kinda agreed with Killmonger's point in Black Panther?

Like, his methods were wack, but he had the right message imo.
Considering that T'Challa felt the same (that Killmonger's methods were bad but he was making a legitimate point - he called out the previous Black Panthers on that), I assume that you're supposed to feel that way.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
More original art, since that's the theme for this week. An early Halloween one too! I admit to this drawing being a fairly quick one, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Throw in a few red circles and arrows, just for good measure
Never forget that any upcoming FPS' marketing team would call itself a "HALO KILLER" for like 6 years or so. Only to almost always disappoint.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It is so relaxing and comfortable when you play these two videos together:

I went to the Brecon Beacons national park for a walk to see their waterfalls today and I am so glad to had played and listened to Final Fantasy IX's Village of Dali theme on my MP3 player which helped me relax.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This randomly came to mind while thinking about NASB, ideas for a WB animation platform fighter (one separate of CN Punch Time)
Animaniacs
-Yakko, Wakko & Dot (WB Water Tower)
-Pinky and the Brain (ACME Labs)

The Blue Falcon & Dynomutt
-Dynomutt (

DC Animated Universe
-Superman (Metropolis)
-Batman (Gotham City Rooftops)
-Wonder Woman (
-Aquaman (Atlantis)
-Joker (Arkham Asylum)
-Harley Quinn

Flintstones
-Fred Flintstone (Slate Rock and Gravel Company)

Hanna-Barbara
-Yogi Bear (Jellystone Park)
-Quick Draw McGraw
-Magilla Gorilla (The Banana Splits Show)
-Captain Caveman

Jetsons
-Rosie (Orbit City)

Looney Tunes
-Bugs Bunny (What’s Opera, Doc?)
-Daffy Duck (Duck Amuck)
-Wile E Coyote (Fast and Furry-ous)
-Marvin the Martian (Mars)
-Tasmanian Devil

Scooby Doo
-Scooby Doo (Haunted House)

Teen Titans
-Raven
-Cyborg (Titans Tower)

Tom & Jerry
-Tom & Jerry

Thundercats
-Lion-O (Cat's Lair)

Wacky Races
-Dastardly & Muttley (

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Friday Night Funkin fans
View attachment 330514
I hate that this meme is right. Like holy ****. Do they not see the tiniest bit of irony? The musical style, themes and overall aesthetics of FnF is centered so heavily on Hip-Hop and Beat-Boxing.

Its annoying because, I get that a lot of rap music is drugs and hoes, but to be honest a lot of musical genres are on those subjects as it is. So that's hardly an excuse. For every "Party Up In Here" there's a "Who We Be" for quite a few rappers too.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm surprised that the Island of Sodor is safe despise having way too many crashes and incidents.
Makes me wonder how do they pay for all of this happening so much?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Huh, it actually sound significantly better with actual lyrics than generic beeps and boops.

Cheesy, but it gives me SA Knuckles vibes.
For me, I like both for different yet somewhat similar reasons:

They're both bops.

(That & anything that remind me of Knuckles Rap is already top tier in my eyes)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I hate that this meme is right. Like holy ****. Do they not see the tiniest bit of irony?
Unfortunately, there still is a prevelant idea that rap is all about drugs, slurs, and sex, and while that's true for some songs, majority of it is basically explict poetry, they all tell a story or message of sorts behind all of that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There’s a ton of merch:

Also these ratings are pretty damn good:

They literally just kept going up.

View attachment 330509

It’s premiere literally rivaled Spngebob ratings, something no Nick cartoon has done since like FOP from what I know.

I don’t watch the show, but it’s definitely a massive franchise to Nick that’s making bank.
not the biggest banker, but at least the show is making money (even though you’d think it would be promoted hella hard to the overall mainstream at this point)
So uh, was it bad that I always kinda agreed with Killmonger's point in Black Panther?

Like, his methods were wack, but he had the right message imo.
his music alone confirmed that he was gonna be right and proved it again in this weeks What If

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
bruh Tails has mother ****ing gains…and I’m scared of the future artwork there’ll be about ripped Miles Prowler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom