• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You see this is a part of the Mario Committee's plan.

People are complaining Mario is too safe? That it doesn't take enough risks?

Fine. Give them to a studio known for poor quality and cringe. They'll be begging for safe Mario experiences forever.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

osby

Smash Obsessed
You see this is a part of the Mario Committee's plan.

People are complaining Mario is too safe? That it doesn't take enough risks?

Fine. Give them to a studio known for poor quality and cringe. They'll be begging for safe Mario experiences forever.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Maybe Sonic and Mario should just switch development teams, given how the former's fans keep complaining about the exact opposite. :054:

D

Deleted member

I wish we lived in the timeline where Sonic Lost World wasn't critically panned and people appreciated how It tried something cool with the gameplay without worrying too much about plot shenanigans.

D

Deleted member

Ehhh, the biggest issues people had with Lost World had to do with the gameplay, not the story
Oh, It tends to be the other way around in the Discord servers I frequent.

People over there tend to talk about how the problem they had with the game was how safe they played It with the story and the way they wrote Tails and Sonic.
Oh well.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh, It tends to be the other way around in the Discord servers I frequent.

People over there tend to talk about how the problem they had with the game was how safe they played It with the story and the way they wrote Tails and Sonic.
Oh well.
Yeah the Sonic and Tails fights are... Weird but I think that gets talked about more because people are frustrated with Tails' characterization since then with Forces making him regress

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So I watched a review for Sonic Colors Ultimate earlier today.
It sounds like a complete mess, I'll probably emulate it if I ever want to play it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I want to post here more 'cause you guys are cool but I rarely have much to say.

I binged Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts on Netflix recently. It's a really fun show with great art direction. I should also bring up that it's a show with prominent racial (mainly black) and gay representation which I know really matters to a lot of people here.

It's a good show that probably would've flown under my radar if one of my sister's hadn't reccomended it to me, so I figured I should mention it here.

D

Deleted member

I want to post here more 'cause you guys are cool but I rarely have much to say.

I binged Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts on Netflix recently. It's a really fun show with great art direction. I should also bring up that it's a show with prominent racial (mainly black) and gay representation which I know really matters to a lot of people here.

It's a good show that probably would've flown under my radar if one of my sister's hadn't reccomended it to me, so I figured I should mention it here.
Will try to check It when I have enough time, sounds quite promising.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
That seems to be what's causing a lot of the issues.
Oops, I meant emulating the original version. I never played Sonic Colors.
The reviewer explicitly said he was playing on the PS5 though, so I don't think the issues were exclusive to the emulated version.

D

Deleted member

Man, my hands hurt a lot from carrying all of my father's supermarket stuff.
But it's ok, It was worth It due to what I was able to buy today.

Gonna share pics later whenever I have enough free time 👀

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's official, I'm returning to learn Spanish this fall. I've been putting off it for years now but I really don't want to graduate from university with only one foreign language.

@Jotadé, apologies in advance for the butchering I will inevitably cause to your native language.

D

Deleted member

Ok, I finally got time to take the photos of what I bought.

First off, something I have been wanting to get for quite a while:

My favourite Pokémon game ever: Shadows Of Almia.
I lost the original cartridge I had but today I got lucky and managed to find one really cheap for sale.
Really excited to play It again.

That's right, Smash Bros for the N64. The first in one of the most highly praised crossover franchises ever and Samus's only presence she ever got on the N64.

Now my Smash Bros collection besides amiibo is a Melee close to being complete:

Hopefully one day I find that Melee copy

That's official, I'm returning to learn Spanish this fall. I've been putting off it for years now but I really don't want to graduate from university with only one foreign language.

@Jotadé, apologies in advance for the butchering I will inevitably cause to your native language.
Nah, I'm sure It will be fine.

Feel free to ask me for help regarding spanish whenever you feel the need for It.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok, I finally got time to take the photos of what I bought.

First off, something I have been wanting to get for quite a while:

My favourite Pokémon game ever: Shadows Of Almia.
I lost the original cartridge I had but today I got lucky and managed to find one really cheap for sale.
Really excited to play It again.

That's right, Smash Bros for the N64. The first in one of the most highly praised crossover franchises ever and Samus's only presence she ever got on the N64.

Now my Smash Bros collection besides amiibo is a Melee close to being complete:

Hopefully one day I find that Melee copy

Nah, I'm sure It will be fine.

Feel free to ask me for help regarding spanish whenever you feel the need for It.
Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Also, congrats on the games! I didn't even know you could still find N64 cartridges around.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
whenever Marvel Studios decides to cast somebody to play a character…at this point I accept it and have complete faith in them.

and yeah, them 10 Ring are making Marvel some good money so far
All of this is credited to casting director Sarah Halley Finn and I have a lot of faith with her choices. They gave opportunities to actors/actresses that are not exactly well known which help them make a breakthrough whether this is from Tom Hiddleston, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Holland etc.

I know this is still early to discuss, but I'm eager to see who will be a part of the Avengers team going forward.

D

Deleted member

I spent a bit of time this morning slightly redesigning the set symbol for the custom cards I'm going to be making, what do you guys think?
sketch1630930926985.jpg

Haven't colored it in yet because I need to make 4 different colored versions: one for each rarity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Ayyyyy Kipo is the good ****, a friend of mine got me into it shortly before the final season aired, he figured I'd like it and it took me a few episodes to realize he meant it's gay as **** lmao

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I spent a bit of time this morning slightly redesigning the set symbol for the custom cards I'm going to be making, what do you guys think?
View attachment 329358
Haven't colored it in yet because I need to make 4 different colored versions: one for each rarity.
Oh I love the board over the Smash logo, very clever, haha.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh, so Marina's free then?
To my dismay, Marina isn't real, so I don't simp for her, and there is nobody out there who looks like her. If there was, they'd prove me wrong right now and enter my life via the dms or irl and we can play Splatoon together or something, that'd be nice.
Marina_Octo_Expansion_DJ_E-DA.png

Pic unrelated, it just randomly appeared on my phone one day.

D

Deleted member

Oh I love the board over the Smash logo, very clever, haha.
Yeah, I thought it was a pretty funny way to get the point across.

Now, if only Autodesk Sketchbook wouldn’t be such a ***** and actually export my crap.... I’ve spent the last hour and a half exporting files only for the files to be corrupted and not up to date with what I drew :drshrug:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to try getting back into Ace Attorney. I'm hoping to avoid using a walkthrough if I can help it, but there are times where it feels like I have to. (either I'm a few steps ahead of the case and it turns out that I'm not supposed to use a certain item yet, or I'm not sure what the game's supposed to be encouraging me to use) Not sure where to go with the series beyond the Ace Attorney Trilogy, but I'm on Justice For All, and I started a case involving a circus.

I might also look into the Professor Layton series, but I'm not sure which games are on the 3DS, or if the games that are on the 3DS are a good jumping-on point. (I'm assuming the series is episodic, so I don't need to have played the previous games to get into later ones, but I'm not sure)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
HOLY WAYNING MOON, WE GOT SOME NEW OFFICIAL HYLICS TRACKS.
AND THIS ONE IS A FREAKIN' BANGER FOR MY MAN PONGORMA.
tumblr_bf146c04d6f4bc14bb1ee6460c00edfb_5822ed1f_400.gif

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I will now attempt to nap
Update:
I have failed

Not sure where to go with the series beyond the Ace Attorney Trilogy, but I'm on Justice For All, and I started a case involving a circus.
Once you finish the trilogy, the rest of the mainline games are available on the 3DS.
There's also the two spinoff duologies, Investigations and The Great Ace Attorney. The latter is available on Switch, PS4, and Steam as a collection, but the former's first game is only available on mobile devices afaik, while the sequel never got localized. I played both on emulators.
There's also the Layton crossover on 3DS.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wow…Rick…Morty…just adding on to my high aren’t ya

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, ya all fellow indie RPG fans didn't think I forgot about this, did ya?
One Dream, Different Visions 5.png One Dream, Different Visions - Undertale Version v4.png
Those two are probably going the last version of those pics I make for a while. Even if I play more Lisa fangame, I think it be too much of them if I kept adding more, so for now, only Alex & Beltboy will join Brad & Buddy.

Maybe I add Chara from TS!Underswap one day, but for now, hope you enjoy. ~

M MooMew64 , Shroob Shroob , TheCJBrine TheCJBrine , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , @UserGoozer , TheMightyP TheMightyP , osby osby , @Jotadé , Aurane Aurane , NonsensicalThings NonsensicalThings , Wademan94 Wademan94 & many more that my brain sadly can't remember at this point in time. X_x

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just jumping on here for a minute to say that 4 days to Tales of Arise!

....................And I still haven't beaten Scarlet Nexus.

I don’t wanna go all “SEGA, hire this man!” here but I feel like Sonic needs something like this:

Looked at the word Rascal there for a second and thought "We getting a Dizzie Rascal game? What is this? 2013?!"

That looks amazing. That is the shot in arm for Sonic I would say. Plus give it a sort of rhythm mini game that would be cool.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Might get buried.

K-josnaoboab.jpg

Me realising how once again in an alternate timeline I could have watched K-On, Spice and Wolf, Kino's Journey and Anohana at 16 years old while in school. Then it would have been ruined somehow.

Is it so weird that not getting into anime earlier is one of my biggest life regrets? Like 5th?

It's a random topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom