• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Might get buried.

View attachment 329380

Me realising how once again in an alternate timeline I could have watched K-On, Spice and Wolf, Kino's Journey and Anohana at 16 years old while in school. Then it would have been ruined somehow.

Is it so weird that not getting into anime earlier is one of my biggest life regrets? Like 5th?

It's a random topic.
If it makes you feel better, I only got into non-newgrounds gaming when I was around 12 years old and only got into (good) anime after graduating high school.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh crap, you reminded me that I had ideas for a Sonic rhythm game in the same vein as the Persona Dancing games
That reminds me.

Really, really surprised there hasn't been a Sega Music pack for Karaoke/Disco in Yakuza. I want to see characters singing Reach Out To The Truth or Escape from the City and dancing to Jet Set Radio or Virtua Fighter music! It would make bank!

Even better. A Yakuza musical DLC spinoff story! Just a three hour bizarre plot about some minor NPC going to become King of Kamurocho by forcing everyone to partake in a Karaoke or Disco tournament.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Might get buried.

View attachment 329380

Me realising how once again in an alternate timeline I could have watched K-On, Spice and Wolf, Kino's Journey and Anohana at 16 years old while in school. Then it would have been ruined somehow.

Is it so weird that not getting into anime earlier is one of my biggest life regrets? Like 5th?

It's a random topic.
Better late than never.
If anything, I regret getting into anime at all. Maybe if I hadn't, I'd actually have some semblance of a social life. :4pacman:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That reminds me.

Really, really surprised there hasn't been a Sega Music pack for Karaoke/Disco in Yakuza. I want to see characters singing Reach Out To The Truth or Escape from the City and dancing to Jet Set Radio or Virtua Fighter music! It would make bank!

Even better. A Yakuza musical DLC spinoff story! Just a three hour bizarre plot about some minor NPC going to become King of Kamurocho by forcing everyone to partake in a Karaoke or Disco tournament.
Yakuza Dancing in Streetlights.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
.....Y'know what?

I might actually make a songlist for this

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I love how Noi somehow knew about my Ben 10 obsession to include and reference it in his comic despite the fact that I don't feel like I bring it up here all that often. Despite the fact that knowledge of that show and it's world makes up like... 3/4 of the contents of my brain.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Nice, I hope you have a fun time with it. I really liked that game's-

...I mean, uhh, how dare you enjoy a 3D Sonic other than Adventure and Colors?
I've heard people talk Black Knight up a lot lately and I wanna revisit it to see how it holds up to me now. I loved it back when it launched, which is surprising considering I always disliked Secret Rings, ha ha.

...I also wanna do a revisit of Lost World soon here. The modding scene for it dried up, but I think they left behind some physics patches I've been meaning to try.

It's honestly a shame people hated Lost World as much as they do, 'cause some of it's ideas were brilliant: I'd absolutely love to see them take a crack at parkour mechanics again.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I've heard people talk Black Knight up a lot lately and I wanna revisit it to see how it holds up to me now. I loved it back when it launched, which is surprising considering I always disliked Secret Rings, ha ha.

...I also wanna do a revisit of Lost World soon here. The modding scene for it dried up, but I think they left behind some physics patches I've been meaning to try.

It's honestly a shame people hated Lost World as much as they do, 'cause some of it's ideas were brilliant: I'd absolutely love to see them take a crack at parkour mechanics again.
A lot of divisive Sonic titles actually have some really good parts in them, some of which might make up for the rest of the game.

I wish this fandom wasn't so obsessed with chasing some perfect formula. I pretty much stopped talking about Sonic honestly online because I'm tired of people dogpiling on me for it.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I want to post here more 'cause you guys are cool but I rarely have much to say.

I binged Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts on Netflix recently. It's a really fun show with great art direction. I should also bring up that it's a show with prominent racial (mainly black) and gay representation which I know really matters to a lot of people here.

It's a good show that probably would've flown under my radar if one of my sister's hadn't reccomended it to me, so I figured I should mention it here.
I think I will watch that show after I finish rewatching She-Ra.

MooMew64

A lot of divisive Sonic titles actually have some really good parts in them, some of which might make up for the rest of the game.

I wish this fandom wasn't so obsessed with chasing some perfect formula. I pretty much stopped talking about Sonic honestly online because I'm tired of people dogpiling on me for it.
Honestly, I agree: almost every formula they've tried has some strokes of brilliance to it somewhere, even in the most divisive of titles. Even in Forces, I still stand the character creator and Wispons were absolutely genius, they just didn't take advantage of it as much as they could have. I really hope they consider bringing Rookie back someday to make up for that.

Heck, even hated gameplay styles in Adventure have hidden greatness: With simple physics changes and fixing the radar in SA2, the shooting levels and treasure hunting levels become a blast. People are honestly too quick to demand something be thrown out: No one's willing to look at it and go "What if they made these changes? Could it be made better?" Outside of modders, that is.

As for the fanbase: I only talk about it here so much because y'all are chill and don't demand me burned at the stake for daring to suggest certain titles are overhated or that I don't like certain popular titles as much as others, and I appreciate that. Very rare to find calm Sonic discourse like this.

Dutch Raikuna

Why do I only ever get responses on negative posts where I’m freaking out and being unreasonable?
If you cut down on yourself being easy to wind up and freaking out over certain games to the point it is a mini-meme here people would honestly. Not taking a jab at you Snake but when you are like that it makes it harder to approach you. If it wasn't for Smashboards being a bit more strict on trolls than most sites of this kind, then people would be doing it on purpose.

Like me when I used to ***** about my posts getting buried all the time. Don't do as much anymore but I take the piss out of it when it does happen.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why do I only ever get responses on negative posts where I’m freaking out and being unreasonable?
Part of it is probably negativity bias.

People notice things that make us feel bad more easily then things that make us feel good.

Any of us could probably grab this thread's atrention by throwing a fit, it's just that most of us rarely do because it's exhausting and ruins the mood.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Decided to buy NMH3, despite the reviews not being so hot. My friends are enjoying it and that's all it really needs to convince me to spend my moolah. Since I got all my NMH games digital, I am arbitrarily inclined to also get this game digital instead of physical like my other big Switch titles just for consistency. However this means I can't play my Switch while it's installing so now I gotta just wait around.

You ever think about how many ****ing Kirby games were on the 3DS? :bowsette: I think it's very close to double digits but not quite.

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
You do? I thought all of the regular attendants to the social thread were responded to quite often, regardless of what they are saying. That appears to include you from the look of it, and I really cannot think of one regular poster here without thinking of all the others. Perhaps I am mistaken though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I miss Chao Gardens, and I feel like adding them to any modern Sonic game could be a selling point in itself. Or better yet, make a dedicated Chao sim. SEGA might think that no one would buy a AAA $60 HD Chao experience, but they thought Sonic Mania would flop so of course they'd still be wrong.:jojo:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
If you cut down on yourself being easy to wind up and freaking out over certain games to the point it is a mini-meme here people would honestly. Not taking a jab at you Snake but when you are like that it makes it harder to approach you. If it wasn't for Smashboards being a bit more strict on trolls than most sites of this kind, then people would be doing it on purpose.

Like me when I used to ***** about my posts getting buried all the time. Don't do as much anymore but I take the piss out of it when it does happen.
I don’t care that I do get responses when I freak out. I’m frustrated that I don’t when I don’t. Like… I try to contribute or just talk about something I like and I get nothing.

MooMew64

I miss Chao Gardens, and I feel like adding them to any modern Sonic game could be a selling point in itself. Or better yet, make a dedicated Chao sim. SEGA might think that no one would buy a AAA $60 HD Chao experience, but they thought Sonic Mania would flop so of course they'd still be wrong.:jojo:
TBH I feel like in today's world, they'd probably release a Chao gacha.

And I would spend obscene amounts of money on a Chao gacha so please, have mercy on me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You do? I thought all of the regular attendants to the social thread were responded to quite often, regardless of what they are saying. That appears to include you from the look of it, and I really cannot think of one regular poster here without thinking of all the others. Perhaps I am mistaken though.
Yeah. I guess looking back I get responded to a bit. Just not today it looks like.

Dutch Raikuna

I don’t care that I do get responses when I freak out. I’m frustrated that I don’t when I don’t. Like… I try to contribute or just talk about something I like and I get nothing.
Yeah. I guess looking back I get responded to a bit. Just not today it looks like.
Then be like me and learn to take the piss out of it on days when that does happen.

Some posts click, some don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom