• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It’s really fun.

And animated beautifully holy ****
Yeah, It legit looks like a modern DreamWorks movie (and by that I mean something such as Kung Fu Panda 3 or Captain Underpants).

Next Level Games really went all and above on the visual department.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Please

I am begging you

Just give them a chance.

Like an actual chance, don’t come in close minded because of your anti-Mario bias. If you legitimately don’t like them, fine, whatever. Just give it an actual shot, dude. There’s a reason tons of people think these games are special.
Ok. Cool. No problem….

Honestly i’m thinking about taking a break from DK64 and skipping Tooie and moving right on to Sunshine. Which I will not 100%. DK 64 is making me hate the very idea.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Ok. Cool. No problem….

Honestly i’m thinking about taking a break from DK64 and skipping Tooie and moving right on to Sunshine. Which I will not 100%. DK 64 is making me hate the very idea.
Oh trust me, you don’t wanna 100% Sunshine. Especially the blue coins

Noipoi

Howdy!
Yeah, It legit looks like a modern DreamWorks movie (and by that I mean something such as Kung Fu Panda 3 or Captain Underpants).

Next Level Games really went all and above on the visual department.
Let Illumination have the Mario movie.

While Dreamworks handles the Luigi’s Mansion movie :wario:
and moving right on to Sunshine. Which I will not 100%. DK 64 is making me hate the very idea.
A wise choice, because you get nothing for doing it.

D

Deleted member

As much as I like Sunshine and a good chunk of the levels... I promised myself I would never touch the Pachinko level ever again.

It just isn't worth It or even fun.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Still not jazzed by Illumination of all companies working on that movie
Me either, but I’m willing to come at it with an open mind.

Miyamoto will keep them from screwing it up. But then again he’s probably keeping them from getting too creative with it…

You don’t have to be a masterpiece just please be good.

And not “your kids can stare at it for an hour” good I mean ACTUALLY GOOD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If the Mario movie trailer starts with a pop song... The dream is over.

D

Deleted member

If Disney Animation took it up, a studio logo variant that replaced Cinderella’s castle with Peach’s would’ve been perfect for this movie
And if DreamWorks took It we could have gotten the Moon Kid fishing on one of the moons from Odyssey or the one from Super Mario Maker 2.

D

Deleted member

Y'all remember that episode of Regular Show where Mordecai was staring at Margaret's ass and for some reason her ass was legit animated better than anything else in the episode? No wonder why my mom banned me from watching it.

Goated show btw.
Regular Show genuiely felt like an Adult Swim show which made It to the kids block.
It wasn't extremely filled with "adult" jokes similar to Rick & Morty or Family Guy... But you could tell that show was made with the older people in mind with all the nods and references to 80s and 90s culture.

Which is quite neat, It fascinated me to see a show around that time paying all sorts of tributes to the stuff from said times.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Speaking of, do you guys think they’ll get Martinet and the other game VAs to reprise their roles or do you think they’d get different casting who are more used to speaking full sentences.

Or they could go the Scoob! route of having the title character get their original voice while the others have new casting, most likely celebrities

Noipoi

Howdy!
Speaking of, do you guys think they’ll get Martinet and the other game VAs to reprise their roles or do you think they’d get different casting who are more used to speaking full sentences.

Or they could go the Scoob! route of having the title character get their original voice while the others have new casting, most likely celebrities
Maybe, maybe they’ll get Martinet to do Mario.

But I think we’re looking at an all celebrity voice cast here.

And I think that could definitely still work, if the voices fit.

But I don’t 100% trust Illumination to make the voices fit :drsad:

D

Deleted member

This one is a really big hot take, but if they can't get Martinet for Mario I would so love It if they got Peter Cullen to reprise the role.

More so since he voiced the first animated adaptation of Mario ever done (in Saturday Supercade)

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Definitely leaning the Scoob or maybe the Space Jam treatment (Most of the cast being the same except for a few handful who are celebrities)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom