• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I enjoyed Dual Destinies the most out of those games.
Spirit of Justice is my most disliked game in the series.
Yeah spirit of justice really broke my suspensión of disbelief with this series. I find it really hard to believed That a place like the Kingdom of Khurain could exist in this universe given everything weve seen un Ace attorney up to That point.

Also it's oddly specific prejudice against lawyers.
Keep in mind i find it more plausible That the entire Profesor Layton series could exist in canon but i can't accept the plot of spirit of justice as believable.

I dont like dual Destinies for a completely separate reason. It teases itself as a sequel to Apollo justice Ace attorney on múltiple occasions only to not do anything with That games cast. Other than jokes and Trucy's panties. Which stopped being funny the second time it's brought up.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Actually Donkey Kong's actual first appearance was Donkey Kong Country and Mario himself in Super Mario Bros. That was Cranky Kong in his younger years along with supposedly Mario's father.
Cranky Kong is still Donkey Kong. Cranky is just what everyone calls him now that he’s a crotchety old man.

And I dunno if the Jumpman is Mario’s dad thing is confirmed.

D

Deleted member

Cranky Kong is still Donkey Kong. Cranky is just what everyone calls him now that he’s a crotchety old man.

And I dunno if the Jumpman is Mario’s dad thing is confirmed.
What I know for sure is that Mario doesn't actually die in Donkey Kong Jr.

In the original arcade version, when you beat the final level Mario just gets up from the fall and chases afted Junior and DK.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I’m sure there are some 2D Mario purists out there, and more power to them, but like, c’mon.

3D Mario’s are some of the best games ever made. 2D Mario’s are just fun games.
SMB3 and World are two I'd rank up there as well. The first Mario is fun, albeit a bit primitive by today's standards, and SMB2 is neat but it's not one I really want to go back to often.

And the less I say about the New Super Mario games, the better.

D

Deleted member

I’m sure there are some 2D Mario purists out there, and more power to them, but like, c’mon.

Yeah, even as someone who is a big fan of the arcade tetralogy and the Mario vs DK titles, there's no contest.

Some of the best moments I've had with videogames come from the 3D Marios. They have that magic of just being hit after hit.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Do I say something… or do I let it go….

I say something! I THINK THAT [This post has been redacted in accordance with the recently passed “We’re all sick of Snake’s takes” act. Have a nice day]

Noipoi

Howdy!
Do I say something… or do I let it go….

I say something! I THINK THAT [This post has been redacted in accordance with the recently passed “We’re all sick of Snake’s takes” act. Have a nice day]
You haven’t played Galaxy, Galaxy 2 and Odyssey yet.

You can umm actually me on 3D Mario’s and their greatness and/or not greatness after that.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

You can umm actually me on 3D Mario’s and their greatness and/or not greatness after that.
I still have to get back to DK 64. I’m totally not avoiding it…. ok I’m avoiding it.

Like, I like the game a lot and I’ve gone too far into the completion process to just beat the final boss now and move on. I’ve only yet to complete two levels and a few bananas in the overworld. It’s just… I’m burnt out of it.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, one of the main reasons Odyssey is up there in my list of favourite games ever isn't just how beautifully It looksor even everything involving New Donk City but also the fact that the game manages to come up with so many gameplay ideas through Cappy and somehow pull them all out practically flawlessly.

Other 3D platformers which have attempted that kind of stuff such as Ty The Tasmanian Tiger 2 or Wrath Of Cortex were not able to achieve those kinds of attempts, and the best part is that all these mechanics still manage to feel natural and on sync with the worlds you explore.

It is also one of the reasons why I liked Crash Twinsanity so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still have to get back to DK 64. I’m totally not avoiding it…. ok I’m avoiding it.

Like, I like the game a lot and I’ve gone too far into the completion process to just beat the final boss now and move on. I’ve only yet to complete two levels and a few bananas in the overworld. It’s just… I’m burnt out of it.
Yeah, that seems to be the case with completing this game. Only the most devoted will complete it with zero burnout.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I just don’t feel like, from what I’ve seen, they’re anything all that special. Mario just doesn’t mesh with me as a character and his world doesn’t grab me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, that seems to be the case with completing this game. Only the most devoted will complete it with zero burnout.
I really want to enjoy it. There’s just so much to get. And none of them are just put in the open like Banjo jiggles. They’re all behind a long and tedious challenge or a mini game or sometimes both back to back and it feels like it moves along at a snails pace, even with save states. There’s no flow. And there’s so little of the memorable characters Banjo-Kazooie was packed with. I don’t mind switching characters. I just mind how much you do with each one.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just don’t feel like, from what I’ve seen, they’re anything all that special. Mario just doesn’t mesh with me as a character and his world doesn’t grab me.
You think I play Mario for his character?

Mario has the character of a box of Cheerios.

It’s the gameplay, the fun moment to moment action, and the great worlds to explore that grip me. Not to mention Galaxy and Odyssey have an epic tone that really adds a sense of grandiose to the usual Peach is kidnapped plot.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You think I play Mario for his character?

Mario has the character of a box of Cheerios.

It’s the gameplay, the fun moment to moment action, and the great worlds to explore that grip me. Not to mention Galaxy and Odyssey have an epic tone that really adds a sense of grandiose to the usual Peach is kidnapped plot.
If you say so. I just don’t feel like there’s anything I can get from Mario that I can’t also get from Sonic, Crash, Spyro, and Banjo. Along with much more.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Odyssey is legit my all time favorite video game, so yeah, I think it’s neat.

It’s the Mario I’ve dreamed of my whole life. It captures a sense of wonder and adventure no other game ever has for me, and there are times when I go back and listen to Cascade Kingdom’s theme, I legit get close to crying. It’s not even all that old and it feels like it’s something from so long ago at the same time. Maybe it’s because I associate it with calmer times, but all in all, the game is special to me, and always will be.

I appreciate the heck out of it and the wonderful people who brought it to me. It’s one of my core inspirations for my own art. What is fun? What captures that childlike wonder, that sense of exploration and discovery? Mario Odyssey, that’s what.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Yeah spirit of justice really broke my suspensión of disbelief with this series. I find it really hard to believed That a place like the Kingdom of Khurain could exist in this universe given everything weve seen un Ace attorney up to That point.

Also it's oddly specific prejudice against lawyers.

I dont like dual Destinies for a completely separate reason. It teases itself as a sequel to Apollo justice Ace attorney on múltiple occasions only to not do anything with That games cast. Other than jokes and Trucy's panties. Which stopped being funny the second time it's brought up.
I didn't get the impression that Dual Destinies teased itself as a Apollo Justice sequel.
I thought AJ was a disappointing game. GOOD, but disappointing. So I didn't mind the direction they took with DD.
Apparently the original creator gave the B-team to go-ahead with making the fifth main entry without him as he was busy with the Layton crossover.

Spirit of Justice had other problems besides Khurain (though many of my issues involve the kingdom.)
Nahyuta Sahdmadhi ESPECIALLY can die in a fire; he is EASILY my most hated prosecutor in the series and that's saying something as I liked every other prosecutor to varying degrees.
Cases 2 had a glaring contradiction that SHOULD have cleared the defendant of any guilt and the less said of Case 4 the better.

Noipoi

Howdy!
If you say so. I just don’t feel like there’s anything I can get from Mario that I can’t also get from Sonic, Crash, Spyro, and Banjo. Along with much more.
Please

I am begging you

Just give them a chance.

Like an actual chance, don’t come in close minded because of your anti-Mario bias. If you legitimately don’t like them, fine, whatever. Just give it an actual shot, dude. There’s a reason tons of people think these games are special.

D

Deleted member

I still need to buy and complete Luigi's Mansion 3.

Got to try It out at a friend's House and It looked incredibly promising from what I had played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom