• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
You know. I recently played the Sonic Adventure games and I gotta say…. It’s weird that the spin dash isn’t in the game. I kept trying to roll into a ball and it just wasn’t in the game so I kept messing up.
...The spin dash is in the game, though. It's just exclusive to Sonic and you need to press and hold a button for it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Bro, I was almost so dissapointed in myself, 'cuz I thought I died in a really dumb way in The Hopeful, and I thought I lost a TON of good progress, but thankfully, I did save midway through, so I only had to redo 1 fight.

Thank Lisa for the devs being so merciful.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what would be cool? A massive indie crossover fighting game that’s a spiritual successor to Marvel vs Capcom. You could get a really cool roster of characters out of that concept.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
By the way, is there a dedicated roster thread anywhere? One of my favorite pastimes it thinking about Smash rosters that will never come true, so I'd love to know if I can share mine somewhere.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly, I still don’t quite get the controversy over Lola’s design. Looks pretty good to me, and it hasn’t exactly strayed too far from her original design. So either I’m missing something, or people just want her design to be more… oh right, the mods are gonna shoot me dead if I say that. :4pacman:
Zendaya Bunny was both voiced by Zendaya being Zendaya and didn’t have mega boobies, both of which caused people to be annoyed by this version of Lola. Very few people online should have had an issue with her not being overly sexual…but I suppose everybody wants to be down bad for Lola/Zendaya Bunny

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I'm probably gonna get Rise of the Triad tomorrow. After I beat it, I'm gonna try out its Kaizo levels in the form of EXTREME Rise of the Triad.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Forgive me if other people have thought about this before. But I think I’ve finally figured out what Mother 3 would be called in the west. EarthBound Advance. Because it was a GBA game! It implies that it’s a sequel without attaching a direct number to it and fits right in line with the naming scheme of a lot of GBA games. Now we just need it officially localized and we’re good!

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My review of the Suicide Squad:

It has been almost five years since the Suicide Squad made its screens which ended in a rather disasterous result. DCEU/Warner Bros then drafted in James Gunn who is well known for his work of the MCU's Guardians of the Galaxy to helm a fresh take on the Suicide Squad.

Was it better than David Ayer's take? Certainly. Was it a masterpiece for James Gunn? Probably not if I had to be honest in contrast to the Guardians of the Galaxy films.

The film retains some of its previous cast with Joel Kinnamon, Margot Robbie and Jai Courtney along with several newcomers from Idris Elba, John Cena, David Dastmalchian, Daniela Melchior and Sylvester Stallone in which some had produced some decent performances.

Although this is certainly better than David Ayer's rendition by a clear mile, it isn't entirely a masterpiece. The story and narrative is not exactly as compelling in comparison to Gunn's previous works with the Guardians. Even though I liked the humour with the Guardians worked, parts of the jokes within the Suicide Squad tends to be a bit of hit and miss for me.

Overall, whilst James Gunn's the Suicide Squad certainly leaps more than its predeccessor, it is not a complete masterpiece. - 7/10

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I told my sister that I saw an ad for a reptile expo in our city and she immediately started making up excuses for me not to go.

I think she's worried that I'll come home with a lizard if I do. Pfft. I have more self control then that. Probably.

Doesn't help that I've been talking about turtles and newts a lot lately.
It wasn't me, it was my evil clone from a alternate dimension who did it.

His name is, Uh....

MacWood Z

yeah

MacWood Z.
Hey, don't you go pinning this on me buddy.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
You know. I recently played the Sonic Adventure games and I gotta say…. It’s weird that the spin dash isn’t in the game. I kept trying to roll into a ball and it just wasn’t in the game so I kept messing up.
Spin dash is in the game, it just doesn't work like Genesis games. You charge it with a button.

IMO I like it way more in SA1 than 2: SA2 nerfed it to heck and back because it was super OP in SA1. Spamming it is an actual tech in the game for building up ludicrous amounts of speed, lol.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Wondering if there's a mod that makes Sonic 06 significantly better...

But then again Sega straight up scrubbed a large portion of Sonic's history out of existance, so it's probably harder to find.
I'll do ya one better:

There's a fan remake being made in Unity ATM. One of the best fan games out there right now IMO.

The dev just recently dropped a full on recreation of the old TGS 06 demo:

The things they're doing with it are insane:

People are also making 1:1 recreations in Generations:

And yes, that is Generations footage, not 06. It's insane.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I need help naming a game concept. I’m coming up with a roster for an MvC successor that crosses over various indie characters. But I don’t know what to call it. All I know is I want it to still abbreviate as MVC.

D

Deleted member

I just won my first game for this sealed event and I am very confused, my opponent kept on scooping the moment I started to gain board presence 🤔

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'll do ya one better:

There's a fan remake being made in Unity ATM. One of the best fan games out there right now IMO.

The dev just recently dropped a full on recreation of the old TGS 06 demo:

The things they're doing with it are insane:

People are also making 1:1 recreations in Generations:

And yes, that is Generations footage, not 06. It's insane.
Thanks for falling for my bait.

But legit, these are heat. I knew about the 06 Project via SomeCallMeJohnny, but these actually look cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom