• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
How does that even work? Enjoying a film more that you like less then the other film?
Enjoyment and quality don’t always equate to each other. Like, take the first Star Wars film for example. I think it’s a good film, I just didn’t enjoy it much. It’s not up my alley, that doesn’t mean I think it’s bad.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
How does that even work? Enjoying a film more that you like less then the other film?
I mean it comes down to personal preference, enjoying a film doesn’t always equate to thinking it’s a good movie. There’s a ton of movies out there that are “so bad it’s good” quality

And you still haven’t clarified why it’s woke to you

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Just wanna put out there that it's very much possible to still enjoy something while admitting it isn't the best in terms of quality objectively.

Like, I adore Sonic R and Sonic Chronicles. Am I about to say they're well made games? Oh heavens no, but I enjoy them and at the end of the day, that's all I really care about.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Objectiveness and Personal Tastes can conflict. For example, I recognize Super Paper Mario as a good game, it's well made. I personally didn't like it as much as other people. Conversly, Sticker Star is horrible with godawful mechanics. I still found enjoyment within the game.

And there's a whole genre of media dubbed so bad that it's good. Like The Room, Sonic 06, etc. It's very possible.

D

Deleted member

Just wanna put out there that it's very much possible to still enjoy something while admitting it isn't the best in terms of quality objectively.

Like, I adore Sonic R and Sonic Chronicles. Am I about to say they're well made games? Oh heavens no, but I enjoy them and at the end of the day, that's all I really care about.
Loving Sonic R and having a Cirno signature? My dude, you got good taste. Can't comment on Chronicles though, all I know about that game is the... "unique" soundtrack and the Penders lawsuit.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Background cameos or not I just find it strange and baffling they would have characters from R-rated movies in what's suppose to be a family film especially when amongst them are actual arson rapists and the other a demonic child-eating clown.

How many films let alone shows even does that?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Big Chungus since it finally decided to recognize the importance of memes in our current society.
You can’t watch it while you’re sleeping. :4pacman:
The Monstars weren’t the main villains again.

They were planned to be, but the green one got cancelled for making homophobic jokes on Twitter in 2010, so they replaced them with new villains.

More victims of the woke brigade…
Lola got a token girl power scene that didn't affect much so the whole thing is radical feminazi propaganda that brainwashes children into thinking women and minorities are human.
Not to discredit Osby here, but the fact that I got 3 joke answers and then a really serious responce is just the most Smashboards thing ever, and I'm not saying this in a good or bad way.

Okay, I actually laughed with the whiplash.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My review of the Suicide Squad:

It has been almost five years since the Suicide Squad made its screens which ended in a rather disasterous result. DCEU/Warner Bros then drafted in James Gunn who is well known for his work of the MCU's Guardians of the Galaxy to helm a fresh take on the Suicide Squad.

Was it better than David Ayer's take? Certainly. Was it a masterpiece for James Gunn? Probably not if I had to be honest in contrast to the Guardians of the Galaxy films.

The film retains some of its previous cast with Joel Kinnamon, Margot Robbie and Jai Courtney along with several newcomers from Idris Elba, John Cena, David Dastmalchian, Daniela Melchior and Sylvester Stallone in which some had produced some decent performances.

Although this is certainly better than David Ayer's rendition by a clear mile, it isn't entirely a masterpiece. The story and narrative is not exactly as compelling in comparison to Gunn's previous works with the Guardians. Even though I liked the humour with the Guardians worked, parts of the jokes within the Suicide Squad tends to be a bit of hit and miss for me.

Overall, whilst James Gunn's the Suicide Squad certainly leaps more than its predeccessor, it is not a complete masterpiece. - 7/10
I know how to solve your rating into becoming a ∞/10
100% more John Cena screen time
Also, what made Space Jam woke?

I wanna hear the answer.
we are making that answer your assumption from earlier…
Given the connotation of woke, this can probably mean 2 things
  1. Pepe Le Pew being removed. No skunks sexually harassing ladies = "woke" censorship
  2. LeBron James is pretty big on activism, particularlly on BLM. Conservatives hate him and brand him as "woke" because of his pro-black stance
So one is just whining over people not finding sexual harassment funny and the other is just flat out racist
…makes it easier than for any of us to think of a genuine answer

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I finished Half-Genie Hero’s main storyline yesterday and I started playing Pirate Queen’s Quest Today. And MAN do I hate this! You’re so ****ing weak and you have to jump all around the levels out of order just to make yourself competent and you have a way smaller max health then Shantae had and why do I have to upgrade my ****ing GLIDE!?! It’s just…. why? Why does this dark magic system exist and why on earth are so many of the upgrades locked behind the last two levels (if you’re playing in order) and just… why did they think this method of progression was fun? I’m playing as the final boss for crying out loud why am I so weak and fragile? It’s just frustrating!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Background cameos or not I just find it strange they would have characters from R-rated movies what's suppose to be a family film especially when amongst them are actual arson rapists and the other a demonic child-eating clown.

The Lego Movies: sweats nervously

The Lego Indiana Jones game that has Dancing Nazis: About to drown in sweat

Noipoi

Howdy!
Background cameos or not I just find it strange and baffling they would have characters from R-rated movies in what's suppose to be a family film especially when amongst them are actual arson rapists and the other a demonic child-eating clown.

Alright, man. You can let it go now, bro.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Owl House continued to deliver this week. Some really nice setup and revelations. While also giving us a short but sweet fight scene.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What I don't understand is being so hung up about Clockwork Orange abd Rick and Morty being in the movie when Joker there, a character literally marketed to kids and he does so much worse in the more darker adaptations of Batman. Where's the outrage for that? Or is this whole thing pretending to care about Pepe?

Shroob

Sup?
What I don't understand is being so hung up about Clockwork Orange abd Rick and Morty being in the movie when Joker there, a character literally marketed to kids and he does so much worse in the more darker adaptations of Batman. Where's the outrage for that? Or is this whole thing pretending to care about Pepe?
Well, I remember when the Joker movie was getting outrage.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Someone didn’t watch the Lego Batman Movie and their portrayal of the Joker, plus the villains on that film.
Trust me, I was living for gay Joker. Dude was funny as hell in that movie
Well, I remember when the Joker movie was getting outrage.
Wasn't that because they were worried of another shooting bevause of the Dark Knight shooting that happened a decade prior? Or was it another reason?

Because that movie was pretty damn clear about its message

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For real though, who said pepe was their favorite loony tunes character?

It’s Daffy or Tweety tbh

Shroob

Sup?
Y'all wanna talk about outrage?

One game I spend way too much time in, Granblue Fantasy? Just got a update for some character skins last night, one being a character named Lobelia.

Lobelia's a character that basically completely clashes with the rest of the game, because while the entire game is basically "happy fun fun fantasy adventure", Lobelia's a straight up psycopathic serial killer.

The skin they gave him let's you listen to a recording he made of one of his victims being eaten by sharks, and, well it's very convincing.

People are freaking out on social media and it's kinda amazing.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Trust me, I was living for gay Joker. Dude was funny as hell in that movie

Wasn't that because they were worried of another shooting bevause of the Dark Knight shooting that happened a decade prior? Or was it another reason?

Because that movie was pretty damn clear about its message
There was also probably the assumption Joker was Batman related.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Owl House continued to deliver this week. Some really nice setup and revelations. While also giving us a short but sweet fight scene.
reminder that Amity is the awesome girlfriend that is never to be ****ed with
****, depressed drunk grandpas, future dictator, and a society all in a Looney Tunes movie…makes sense

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
All this on a forum for a game marketed to kids that features Bayonetta and Metal Gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom