• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
This Is my First Time looking at the Neo cast.
I thought people we're joking about this game having Futaba. But like...

IMG_20210807_181449_053.jpg

That's literally Futaba with her natural hair color.

I think it's some kids who played it then are now old enough to talk about it and have fond memories of it that being older now hasn't soured.

'Cause otherwise I really got no explanation for it, lol.
Honestly it's mainly Sonics part of the story that's terrible. I actually like Shadows story.

D

Deleted member

I was hoping to build Beetrooper but man....
A0900636-661B-4579-A7DC-5AA4273D8A37.jpeg

I am not spending $90 on a playset of this.

Magikey and Suship seem pretty cool, though

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Speaking of Sonic...

The current climate surrounding the part of the fanbase that likes Sally Acorn gives me flashbacks to when more, ah..."vocal" parts of the Daisy fandom were active amongst Mario communities, and IDK how to feel about that. probably scared tbh
Sally stans ****in up?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sally stans ****in up?
Eeeehhhhhhh

Not making too big a fuss as far as I'm aware...

But they sometimes can come off a little annoying. You got multiple stan accounts that run things exclusively about her and it's starting to get a little odd.

Like, the movement to get her in Sonic mobile games was cute at first, but I really think it might be time to move on, I think Sega's made it pretty clear SatAM stuff is done for good in official media. For now, at least.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Never liked Sally much.

And I always found it weird how the Archie comics tried to make her look "sexy".
The way they drew Sally sometimes was...

Hoo boy.

I think Sally can be fun when she’s done well.

A lot of the time she wasn’t done well.
SatAM Sally was super good.

She got a bit better when Ian wrote for her but TBH even then she was super bleh like, 90% of the time. In the soft-reboot she and the other Freedom Fighters felt super forced in.

OG continuity's best FFs were Bunnie and Antoine IMO.

EDIT: I meant to say "Bunnie and Antoine", not Sally, lol.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
SatAM Sally was super good.

She got a bit better when Ian wrote for her but TBH even then she was super bleh like, 90% of the time. In the soft-reboot she and the other Freedom Fighters felt super forced in.

OG continuity's best FFs were Sally and Antoine IMO.
Bunny’s consistently cool, she manages to avoid a lotta the drama that comes in the comics. Though not all of course.

Rotor begins a slow descent into irrelevancy once Tails becomes a mechanic, which was his main gimmick.

MooMew64

Bunny’s consistently cool, she manages to avoid a lotta the drama that comes in the comics. Though not all of course.

Rotor begins a slow descent into irrelevancy once Tails becomes a mechanic, which was his main gimmick.
See, this is why I like Bunny: When Ian wrote her, she was consistent. The things she did made sense, and whenever there was drama, it was understandable drama.

Antoine was just awesome. One of the best character arcs in the OG continuity, I especially love him in the Sonic Universe arc they did for Tails, him, and Bunny.

Yeah, Rotor fell off hard. They really didn't know what to do with him.

Heck it, gimme a bit, I'm gonna make an Archie continuity character tier list.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sonic and Sally’s will they/won’t they shenanigans pretty much ended all romance in Sonic forever.

And I can’t entirely say I disagree with that decision.

I’m not opposed to Sonic having a love interest if it’s done well, but no ones done it well, so I think we should just avoid it all together.

Not to mention Tails and Fiona, Geoffrey St John, Charmy and Saffron’s unfortunate story arc…it was messy…

Last edited:

MooMew64

Sonic and Sally’s will they/won’t they shenanigans pretty much ended all romance in Sonic forever.

And I can’t entirely say I disagree with that decision.

I’m not opposed to Sonic having a love interest if it’s done well, but no ones done it well, so I think we should just avoid it all together.

Not to mention Tails and Fiona, Geoffrey St John, Charmy and Saffron’s unfortunate story arc…it was messy…
Ah yes, the fun Archie Charmy fact:

He canonically was lobotomized.

laughingforreal.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
if you’re ugly on the outside and ugly on the inside then you’re a Disney villain

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The way they drew Sally sometimes was...

Hoo boy.
Did feel kinda weird that she was practically the only female without proper covering when she was placed next to the other female characters. Though I did feel her initial redesign was kinda bleh.

I’d like her to look more like this if she ever returned:
D86D75CD-9783-47D7-A5C8-000A848826EA.png

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Noipoi Noipoi Surprisingly enough, no one's bothered to make a template with all the Archie characters.

Can't say I blame them: I wouldn't have enough time to find 500 pictures either.

And 450 of them are echidnas.:wario:

Anyways:

You don’t like Julie Su? I thought she was alright.

Mina’s a sweet girl who was created solely for a dumb love triangle, and for that she had my pity.

Locke microwaved his son.

MooMew64

You don’t like Julie Su? I thought she was alright.

Mina’s a sweet girl who was created solely for a dumb love triangle, and for that she had my pity.

Locke microwaved his son.
Ehhhh

Yeah Julie's okay.

TBH I sometimes let the Penders days ruin her for me a bit.

Now that I'm thinking more of Ian Julie she'd shoot up to "Pretty Good".

Mina is soooo cuuuuuute but she's ruined by dumb stuff like the love triangle plot and the drama they tried to write with her and Nicole.

And lol yeah Locke is terrible.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Noipoi Noipoi Surprisingly enough, no one's bothered to make a template with all the Archie characters.

Can't say I blame them: I wouldn't have enough time to find 500 pictures either.

And 450 of them are echidnas.:wario:

Anyways:

Was Fang not an option? Could’ve sworn he was in the comics with Bean and Bark

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Thought I'd show my face tonight for a few posts. Internet has been a bit off it.

This Is my First Time looking at the Neo cast.
I thought people we're joking about this game having Futaba. But like...

View attachment 325540
That's literally Futaba with her natural hair color.
Futaba but dating sim obsessed nerd and can dive in people's minds you should add.

D

Deleted member

I love how the promo card for winning in the Dawn of Majesty prerelease event is an Ultra Rare Beetrooper Scout Buggy while Beetrooper Scout Buggy's actual printing in the set is Secret Rare(one rarity level higher) :yoshi:

I really wish I could get a playset of the Ultra Rare Buggy, but oh well.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Holy **** I was tired. I almost slept all day.

Guess eating so much and going to bed at midnight last night weren't good ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom