• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I really wish game would get some kind of HD port like the other Ace Attorney games did as well as the first three Layton games.
professor-layton-vs-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-54967.jpg

As far as crossover videogames go, this one is easily my favorite. It may not be as grand as something like Smash or Kingdom hearts. But it's a great crossover in that it feels like just another entry in either series in it.

It has great graphics for most of it's characters (...rip Phoenix's face) that are held back by the 3DS screen resolution, so i would love to see the character models in higher quality

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Duck Hunt Revival where its a reverse John Wick.

The dog and duck must avenge their owners death in a gritty first person shooter.

Your Reaction?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Where’s Waldo, and why is he called Wally across the pond?
Cuz there’s something wrong with the British.
His name is Wally, which is also British slang for a spaced out person. His name was changed to Waldo when localised in the US as it was felt the audience there would respond to the name better.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
His name is Wally, which is also British slang for a spaced out person. His name was changed to Waldo when localised in the US as it was felt the audience there would respond to the name better.
British slang, something I will never ever comprehend. It is alien to those that live in Canada and America and the rest of the world too.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
why would they talk about MLP lol

pony ain’t nicktoon
I think it’s because MLP is likely a request for all real fighting games at this point. Them and Goku of course

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Urban dictionary defines a Wally as someone who is great it some areas, but very stupid (almost unbelievably) in others. Waldo hides in the abyss, only to pop up in children’s books. So, is he a Wally or a Waldo?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Translation, obviously. I bet Arabic has even funnier movie titles than languages that use the Latin alphabet.
I don't know much about Arabic but I know that the Arabic translation of "101 Dalmatians" in most countries is a "1001 Nights" reference so that's cute.

In Turkey, most foreign movie titles are either translated literally or just straight-up swapped for something simple.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I don't know much about Arabic but I know that the Arabic translation of "101 Dalmatians" in most countries is a "1001 Nights" reference so that's cute.

In Turkey, most foreign movie titles are either translated literally or just straight-up swapped for something simple.
Huh, not that bad. Now, name every sultan of the Ottoman Empire. Can you do it?

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Why do I find myself intrigued with Urusei Yatsura?
It's fairly addicting with fun characters and stories. The main relationship in the show is unique compared to others. It's from the same creator as Inuyasha and Ranma 1/2, but I personally enjoyed it more than either of those.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I finished Cheers. The ending was more anticlimactic than I had hoped, but I at least appreciate the more philosophical approach in the final part.

Next sitcom I'm watching is Big Time Rush. I've already seen 9-10 episodes and enjoyed them a lot.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Well, that was a shining moment in the history of fanbasekind.
Nintendo Life likes to make articles over approximately 5 people getting mad on Twitter sometimes.

To touch on this, though, I hate the lack of personality in modern Mario games too, but like…It’s one voice line. It ain’t that big a deal.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nintendo Life likes to make articles over approximately 5 people getting mad on Twitter sometimes.

To touch on this, though, I hate the lack of personality in modern Mario games too, but like…It’s one voice line. It ain’t that big a deal.
one moment Daisy ain’t being epic…the next they’ll all do and say nothing cool

then we can finally replace them all with Hugh Neutron
48436DE7-612E-43A2-B68D-7B7DDD308E50.jpeg

D

Deleted member

I saw the original GX tweet abiut it, and people were definitely not happy.

But it was like a small minority. Like, nit even newsworthy.
Sounds like Nintendo Life in a nutshell. Pretty trash site, it was only good back in the day when they had the eShop update info on Mondays already, instead of Thursdays like most other sites. Once that stopped it became worthless.

And as for the Daisy thing, I've seen people mostly just memeing and being confused why Nintendo would even bother with such a minute thing, which... fair. I mean, granted, there will always be people who take things too far, but that goes for everything. I've noticed how normal it has become to just dismiss anything just because it comes from twitter, whether it's warranted or not. And trash like that Nintendo Life "article" (I'm hesitant to even call it that) sure doesn't help, if anything, it's just fanning the flames. It even happened earlier in this thread, not calling names, who went like "twitter is trash because they're complaining the newest Mario Golf doesn't have a difficulty setting", which is a very valid criticism to have in this day and age if true.

At the end of the day, people will just have to accept that modern Nintendo likes to have their characters be squeaky clean, not much you can do about it. The days of Wario committing "suicide" via Bob-Omb or Daisy showing everyone how hot she is, literally and figuratively, are long over. Like sure, you can be disappointed and voice your opinion, but it ain't worth it getting upset over it, not like it will change much. Nintendo is famous for being very stubborn.

Then again, Daisy got some kind of reputation thanks to a certain... individual already. So that sure doesn't help her case here.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just want Daisy and Amity to be happy

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Going to see The Suicide Squad tonight on the big screen! **** YEAH!!!!

Already one of the best movies this year IMO alongside Godzilla vs. Kong, Nobody, and The Mitchells vs. The Machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom