• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Gotta be honest, I'm not as hyped for Colors Ultimate as I should be.

It's Sonic Colors, I liked that game, but... the colors don't feel so right this time.
Not likin' the way the port looks?

For me personally, I'm still excited as heck. It's just I probably won't be able to buy it for a year because some goober at Sega thought PC storefront exclusivity was a neat idea and I want to buy it on Steam.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Daisy thing is kinda dumb imo especially since they didn’t bother to change the animation to actually fit what she’s saying, and it was unnecessary anyway, but I think it’s a stretch to pull the “Nintendo hates personality” card. At least the mainline 3D games seem to be safe from the Wahoominati, and for all we know, newer Paper Mario’s issues may just be the director’s fault.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I watched James Gunn's The Suicide Squad last night.

The movie was a lot of fun, though it's a shame that Captain Boomerang was killed so brutally. (I guess it was to establish early on that nobody was guaranteed to survive the movie, with the possible exception of Harley - I was worried that King Shark was going to die at one point, at least) That's the only role that I've seen Jai Courtney in where I enjoyed watching him.

It definitely earned the R-rating, and I love what this series does with bringing in the most obscure, ridiculous villains to establish more about the setting. It's a shame that their other projects seem to be moving so slowly - you'd think that we would have gotten a Man of Steel sequel, a Batman solo movie, or a Flash movie by now. (looking forward to the Flash and Black Adam, at least)

I'm interested to see which actors from that movie will appear in his future projects, like Guardians of the Galaxy 3 - I could see Pete Davidson or Flula Borg getting cameos.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Black Widow has nothing on The Suicide Squad.

Neither will Shang-Chi, Venom 2 (Which is a given), Eternals, and Spider-Man: No Way Home.

King Shark. Nuff said.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Not likin' the way the port looks?

For me personally, I'm still excited as heck. It's just I probably won't be able to buy it for a year because some goober at Sega thought PC storefront exclusivity was a neat idea and I want to buy it on Steam.
I think it's gonna be a fine port, and I'll probably get it, but there are some genuine issues with the game imo, and it kinda sucks considering that it's suppossed to be the definitive edition of Colors.

And plus, Sega does not have the best track record with ports anyway

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
For a topic, if Smash characters had themes, let alone non-video game themes, which theme from the non-video game world would each character have?

For Little Mac, I can imagine him having "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor, Mario having "The Plumber Song" by Weird Al Yankovic, Sonic having "Supersonic" by Bad Religion and of course, Piranha Plant having "Mean Green Mother From Outer Space" by Levi Stubbs.

MooMew64

I'mma be honest.

I think the new Mario Golf's a fine game.

Is it absolutely amazing and flawless? No. Do I like it more than Toadstool Tour? Nah, not really.

Is it fun, and do I enjoy it? Absolutely. And I think the fact the latest update was as robust as it was to changing things and improving even the smallest of QoL features shows the game will only get better.

Whenever Nintendo pulls the soft-launch card, it seems like people really don't like it. Granted, I'm a little tired of it too, but like...If they're giving these updates to me for free, and it gives me a reason to keep turning the game on throughout the year, like...I dunno, I think it's fine, in the end? I've flipped flopped about this topic a lot the past few weeks, but I think this is where I finally stand on it, lol.

They're honestly in a no-win situation with these titles, too:

Do a soft-launch and add to the game with free updates for over a year to keep people coming back and put the game in a very healthy state by end of development cycle? Game is apparently rushed, unfinished, and trash.

Wait and don't launch the game for another 8+ months? Nintendo has no games, terrible system, why don't they just release the game now? I want a game to play now!

Game development is a lot more nuanced than people realize and man I wish more people took the time to actually understand how difficult it is. That doesn't invalidate constructive criticism, either: It just avoids blanket statements and attaching a status on to a game that's still in development, or a game that has a lot more going behind it than what's there on the surface level.

None of this wall of text makes sense, feel free to keep scrolling. I'm a nerd who likes silly Nintendo games too much. :152:

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
For a topic, if Smash characters had themes, let alone non-video game themes, which theme from the non-video game world would each character have?

For Little Mac, I can imagine him having "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor, Mario having "The Plumber Song" by Weird Al Yankovic, Sonic having "Supersonic" by Bad Religion and of course, Piranha Plant having "Mean Green Mother From Outer Space" by Levi Stubbs.
Fox is what does the Fox say.

-This joke brought to you by the year 2013

MooMew64

I think it's gonna be a fine port, and I'll probably get it, but there are some genuine issues with the game imo, and it kinda sucks considering that it's suppossed to be the definitive edition of Colors.

And plus, Sega does not have the best track record with ports anyway
TBH me not getting to play launch day may wind up a blessing in disguise, 'cause by the time it hits Steam, the modding community will fix anything that might be broken, lol.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
TBH me not getting to play launch day may wind up a blessing in disguise, 'cause by the time it hits Steam, the modding community will fix anything that might be broken, lol.
Unrelated to what you said, but cute avatar, MooMew.

I plan on getting Colors Ultimate on day one, by the way. I hope it has been improved to be faster than the original was.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmmm.... if we had a "Super Mario Generations" game.... well... obviously the "eras" would be Classic (Super Mario Bros/Lost Levels, 2USA, 3, and World),.... whatever the middle era would be called (64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2), NSMB (NSMB, NSMBWii, NSMB2, and NSMBU), and Modern (3D Land, 3D World, Odyssey, and..... Bowser's Fury?). So what levels would be picked?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm still pumped for Colors Ultimate but I really hope that there's an option to switch back to the original soundtrack. Not a huge fan of the remixes that I've heard so far.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hmmm.... if we had a "Super Mario Generations" game.... well... obviously the "eras" would be Classic (Super Mario Bros/Lost Levels, 2USA, 3, and World),.... whatever the middle era would be called (64, Sunshine, Galaxy, and Galaxy 2), NSMB (NSMB, NSMBWii, NSMB2, and NSMBU), and Modern (3D Land, 3D World, Odyssey, and..... Bowser's Fury?). So what levels would be picked?
CLASSIC:
1-1
Bowser Airship (3)
Yoshi’s Island (World)

MID:
Bob-Omb Battlefield (64)
Pianta Village (Sunshine)
Gusty Garden Galaxy (take a guess)

Modern:
That one painting level from U I can’t remember the name of (U)
Great Tower Offensive (3D World)
Metro Kingdom (Odyssey)

SECRET BONUS:
25m (DONKEY KONG)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Depends what ya wanna know.
I'm Right now I'm just trying to get Project + running via the stage builder method on my Wii U. But it's telling me it can't access the SD card I'm using.

And after I got that working I was gonna see if there was a way to combine it with Project M Legacy XP, which sounds way more complicated then it really needs to be. I just want those characters!

MooMew64

I'm Right now I'm just trying to get Project + running via the stage builder method on my Wii U. But it's telling me it can't access the SD card I'm using.

And after I got that working I was gonna see if there was a way to combine it with Project M Legacy XP, which sounds way more complicated then it really needs to be. I just want those characters!
What format of SD Card are you using? The Wii was only able to recognize a very specific kind and storage size.

Also, I don't know if combination of those two would be possible: They're entirely separate games built on Project M as a framework. If you have knowledge of how to use BrawlEX to replace/add slots on the roster, you could attempt in theory to rip PSAs from Legacy XP, but you'll probably run into a bigger headache than it's worth in the end.

My recommendation would be to just play Project M EX Remix: It features all of Legacy's characters and more, and is still in development constantly adding new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom