• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 I think I finally understand your frustration with your ideas not getting seen. I basically spent an hour or so making up an entire essay about who I'd like the final fighter to be over in the main speculation thread, but I just wound up getting buried by people fighting over Isaac. Maybe I'll bump it tomorrow morning/afternoon and see if I can get more traction there, but man, is that sense of being ignored palpable.
Here's a link if anybody who's still up at this ungodly hour would like to have a gander.

D

Deleted member

I missed the VGM talk last night, but honestly? I just can’t really get into a decent chunk of “regular” music.

Don’t get me wrong, I do have a few bands I like that don’t exclusively make VGM, but there’s only like 2-3 and they’re all JP bands.

I dunno, I’ve tried listening to American music, but I’ve never really been able to get into it.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I'm just surprised they haven't released the OST for SwSh yet. I really thought it would have come out after the last DLC did as most of the previous OSTs came out a month after the games did. I would usually ask my parents to get me one of the Super Music Collection CDs just in time for Christmas; it's how I got all of the OSTs from XY to Let's Go. I think in 2017 when there wasn't anything released I asked for the Anime OST, which has the arrangements of songs from Gens 1-4. lol
I just go on Youtube and find em there.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Holy Jesus ****ing Christ With a Shotgun in Hell.

Got a big ass session with lots of stuff happenin', including:

-Getting ton of party members...which I might or might not use for....roulette reasons.

- Found some new areas, notably the horrifying Nice Neighborhood, probably the most disturbing area in the game so far and Dismal Island, a very small island, with....alot to to do.

-Advanced the story a bit, won't say too much here beside that i'm quite invested and the humor is on point, even if it's really dark and/or vulgar at time.

-Bo Wyatt is doing a excellent job at supporting the team. I was a bit afraid his lack of attacks would cause problems, but Brad, Olan & even Terry at time do so much damages, it's honestly not that bad. Hell Gate however hasn't worked once, which stink, but having a guaranted chanced to making the enemy fell Weird & being able to Bleed make up quite for it. Plus you know, full party healing.

Now, while I fought some bosses, they are two I like to give special mentions. I'm going to go in details tho, so spoiler tag just in case, you been warned.

The first one I like to talk is Jonathan, the Joy Mutant after you fight Slave Lord Jim.

To get the first thing out of the way, the very first time I fought it, he instant death killed Bo with a Fatal Bite AKA he thanos'ed him out of this world.

Sooooo I had to reset because I wasn't going to continue the fight without a healer lol.

On the second try, thankfully, thanks to the ALMIGHTY TERRY AND HIS TRASH TALK, Jonathan wasn't able to use Fatal Bite once, thanks to the fact Joy Mutant can't use their fatal moves while pissed off, since that statue make them only able to attack a party member or themselves, and when you're lucky. They can hit themeselves for massives damages for a long time.

Sadly and Funnily enough tho, Brad was also furious at 1 point, buuuuut due to suffering Joy withdral, he basically infliced 0 damages on whoever he hitted, meaning that while he wasn't useful, he also wasn't a pain in the butt to deal with, and in the end, I won....

But Terry was dead before the final blow was dealt, meaning he lost out on ALL the experiences at the end.

And the worst thing was, I was about to ressurect him, but Olan, the sexy powerful beast that he is, killed it after getting big critical hits on his 3-arrow attacks.

SOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo,too salty to miss out on XP for my favourite boi, I restarted once again the fight, this time much more confident and also wanting to end it quickly. So firebomb spam & RNG luck on my side to make Jona-Boy here fall over & over again with Brad, annnnnd yeah, beside 1 or two ressurection by perfume, it went arguably much better than last time, and with that, the odd joy mutant was defeated and everyone got a ton of exps, fantastic.

With that done, I felt confident enough in myself to fight Tiger Man, whome I tried (key word being tried) to fight much earlier, and this time, I actually did it without needing a reset! Despite this, it was still really hard due to Tiger Man being seeingmly immune to fall & stunning, at least when I played it. M only chance to survive his monstrous attack was to lower it with Weird & make him cry/pissed on occasion. Whic definitly helped in some parts, buuut also killed a few party member here and there due to bad luck. Still, with a few bombs, bleeding, Bo & Terry massive support & Brad & Olan absurd DPS, I was able to finally succeed!.....annnd all I got was arguably one of the worst party member in the game. Due to Tiger Man being only a single target DPS machine who much weaker than his fight might suggest, and is HORRIBLY affected by Joy Withdrawl, due to not having one special attack like Brad as with his fireballs.

In all, while i'm happy I beated it, the balance in some party members is really all over the place, which is a dang shame in some cases, but hey, c'est la vie.

Overall, it's really dang hard at time, but also really dang fun.

I'm lovin' it in all.

D

Deleted member

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/oq37uf Considering we’ve been seeing more Phyrexians appearing in the story(with Karn in particular mostly joining the anti-Bolas coalition to gather strong Planeswalker to fight the phyrexians) A Dominaria 2 set was kinda obvious.

Now, a return to Kamigawa?(one of the most unpopular planes to date, iirc) My gut tells me it’ll be Mirrodin Besieged: 2. I don’t see them ever having the Phyrexians successful conquer Dominaria, but a smaller, less popular plane? Yeah. Especially since Kamigawa is inspired and based on Japanese folklore, not cyberpunk. What possible event could lead to this shift... gee, I wonder.... 🤔

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ya know, the more I watch long Omori analysis, the more I wish some of them played the Omori Route, or at least, did some better research on it. Since some of the questions they do ask could be much more easily answered by paying more attention to it.

I also get replaying all of Headspace without much change to get to the new part is a bit of a hard pill to swallow at first glance, but really, once you know where to go & how the battle system work, it isn't nearly as long as on a first playthrough. The "worse" might be the intro, SH Castle & maybe Humprey, but after that, it's quite easy imo. I take Humprey over SH Castle tbh.

To be fair, it could be just my love for everything related to Black Space 2 & Something in general that is talking here, but still, I hope to find a good analysis of BS one day.

D

Deleted member

Seriously Youtube, stop recommending me the same channels over and over again. No Youtube, I also don't care for the 30th video that calls Sonic R a bad game, get some new material. And Youtube, I especially don't care when you combine those two things together.

If I could block the channels that keep on showing me videos of pets dying I’d be on cloud nine.
That's a thing? That's ****ing horrible.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Seriously Youtube, stop recommending me the same channels over and over again. No Youtube, I also don't care for the 30th video that calls Sonic R a bad game, get some new material. And Youtube, I especially don't care when you combine those two things together.
9B34DD26-0654-4B27-B9BF-9E977D372016.jpeg

Who dares slander perfection...?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Just did some more Empyrean. I beat the first leader, the writing still sucks ass, and I beat an abomination of a Pikachu that looks like it's a walking corpse. I'm pretty sure that's what it actually is, but like what the ****. It came out of nowhere.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
One day, you'll realize that you owe the IRS $3000.
Then you misread and actually owe $30,000

D

Deleted member

Look, would I call Sonic R a great game? Hell no, but it's fun and I love it and that's what matters most to me in a game. Same with Sonic The Fighters.

Funnily enough, out of the big three from Gems Collection, I never actually liked Sonic CD. I guess my Gamer Card is gonna get revoked now.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's apparently harder to let a digimon die than I thought. I want to replace this koromon with a tsunomon but even being sick and living in it's digipoop doesn't seem to do anything. It's probably going to digivolve into a betamon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom