• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yeah. Blue balled us on another Sonic R game AND another SEGA All-Stars game.

Man I wish SEGA could pull a Nickelodeon here. Two kart racers then a smash clone? Two kart racers then….
Hopefully I’ll be able to reach out to SEGA about my fighting game ideas by then

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never really liked Sonic's games, I was a fan of Sonic SatAM when I was young. I remember I made a geocities fan page back in the day along with animated background and all the 90's internet stereotypes

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Although Sonic Adventures is a game I did like back in the day - and it was the ONLY dreamcast game I owned. My brother let a friend borrow it and my controller and the "friend" moved away WITH it.

I never had the money to replace it and didn't think it was worth the effort since I had other consoles

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I found something today that I thought I lost a long time ago.
People probably don’t know but even though I played Tekken Tag Tournament in an Arcade AGES ago and it was my first Tekken I never realized what game it was. When I played Street Fighter X Tekken it forced me to do some research and I found out that, yeah, Tekken Tag Tournament WAS that game I used to love at the old Skating Rink down the road. Tekken Hybrid just happened to be pretty cheap at the time and by that point I was already excited for the Wii U and found out that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 was coming to it as a launch game.

Tekken Tag 2 quickly became my favorite in the franchise which is kinda funny because it’s rather disliked within the Tekken fandom, one of my all time favorite fighting games is actually mostly disliked in Street Fighter X Tekken as well so it’s ironic.

But yeah, the box is a little worn but the game, the soundtrack, and the art book are all in Mint condition. Crazy what you can find cleaning house lol.

D

Deleted member

Hello police, I'd like to report a robbery.

Tbf, the original version of CD is ass, with all it's lag issues, jank, and garbage level design.

The remake is much better imo.
This is my biggest issue with the game. The level design just feels like it's not only trying to hinder you at every opportunity instead of having a nice flow to it, but also goes against the whole "build speed to time travel" mechanic. And you only got one shot before having to hunt another sign. Mess up? Better start all over again. Oh and don't go too fast now while looking for a place to build up speed, would be a shame if you lost the sign you collected now, would it?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Zavok is SEGA's attempt at Bowser except they based it off his N64 days where all he said were generic big bad lines, but then made him even more one note.

So I'd say 3% is pretty generous.
I actually really like Lost World, but yeah the Deadly Six are just super boring.

IDK why they keep trying to make them a thing: They're never going to be a thing.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Current ranking of the FF games I've played:
FFIX (Best)
FFVII
FFV
FFIV
FFIII
FFI
FFII (Worst)
(Haven't really got into VI yet, so I can't judge it just yet)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I actually really like Lost World, but yeah the Deadly Six are just super boring.

IDK why they keep trying to make them a thing: They're never going to be a thing.
so long as SEGA keeps using them, they’ll always be a thing…good thing they’re not things we have to like

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Cream and Cheese? Marine? Characters from the comics? Other Sega guest stars from stuff like Yakuza, Skies of Arcadia, Puyo Puyo, and more?

Generic Chao and Zavok?

I really wouldn't have minded TSR being reduced back to just Sonic if they actually took advantage of the roster of characters they have instead of opting for a small roster including Store Brand Bowser.
Where's Charmy and Espio? Ray? Mighty? Fang? Bean? Bark? Gamma? Emerl? Chip? Merlina? The Babylon Rouges? Orbot and Cubot? Chaos?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I read this before, but the issue with Sonic now is that it tries too hard to emulate Mario's success instead of doing it's own thing, which really became an issue with Lost World onwards. Locations became more generic, villians are all Koopaling knockoffs, Zavok is clearly Bowser despite the fact that Sonic's Bowser has always been Dr. Eggman, characters became one note as well with some straight up regressing in terms of characterization (which is usually not an issue with Mario... aside from Peach), etc.

It wants to play things way too safe instead of being Sonic the risk taker, which really reared it's ugly head with Forces.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just lost my only irl friend.

Like… I was starting to realize how we weren’t that compatible. And she realized it too. So we’re just… acquaintances now…. And that hurts.

D

Deleted member

I remember playing Lost World at Gamescom and thought it was kinda fun. Later, after release, I downloaded the demo for the Wii U and found it boring.

Funny how that turned out. :drshrug:

MooMew64

I really wouldn't have minded TSR being reduced back to just Sonic if they actually took advantage of the roster of characters they have instead of opting for a small roster including Store Brand Bowser.
Where's Charmy and Espio? Ray? Mighty? Fang? Bean? Bark? Gamma? Emerl? Chip? Merlina? The Babylon Rouges? Orbot and Cubot? Chaos?
TSR is a great game, but man does it suffer from boring roster syndrome, similar to MK8.

Mario Kart's saving grace was at least having some cool guest characters, but TSR just kinda floundered all its opportunities. Like, as you said: Where were the Babylon Rouges? It's a game about teams of three racing and you leave out them of all characters? And you pair together Amy and Big but leave out Cream? What?

And yeah, where were Espio and Charmy? Why the heck were Silver and Blaze paired with Vector?

MooMew64

My only guess is that they reaoized that Silver and Blaze were only a duo, and they needed someone to fill in the void of team DS/PSP era.

Which is why Marine the Racoon should've been in instead. Would've made more sense.
TBH IDK why they don't just bring back Blaze's dimension in the plot and make Silver a part of it with Marine.

It retcons the "I'm from the future" backstory, yeah, but he never actually stays in the future anyways, nor do we ever see it or are given a reason to care about it, so at this point they should just write him as a part of the Sol Dimension IMO.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I just lost my only irl friend.

Like… I was starting to realize how we weren’t that compatible. And she realized it too. So we’re just… acquaintances now…. And that hurts.
That always hurts man. I've gone through similar things myself, but the best thing you can do in my opinion is just try to keep in contact so you at least stay acquaintances. Even if you can't be besties, it's always good to be acquaintances with someone. You should also try to see if you can make new friend too, but that isn't something you should try to do manually. Making friends comes naturally. So just keep an eye out I guess. I dunno, I'm not the best for relationship advice, but it's the best I can do to help.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TBH IDK why they don't just bring back Blaze's dimension in the plot and make Silver a part of it with Marine.

It retcons the "I'm from the future" backstory, yeah, but he never actually stays in the future anyways, nor do we ever see it or are given a reason to care about it, so at this point they should just write him as a part of the Sol Dimension IMO.
Iirc, the Silver we see now is the Silver from Rivals which is a different one from 06, since 06 was deleted from existence because Elise didn't care what happens to the world.

MooMew64

Iirc, the Silver we see now is the Silver from Rivals which is a different one from 06, since 06 was deleted from existence because Elise didn't care what happens to the world.
Ooooooh right, forgot about that.

Mainly because I forget Rivals exists.

Was Rivals even good? I owned the first one as a kid forever ago, but got rid of it for some reason.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
only way y’all get more Blaze content outside of the IDW comics will be through gaming spin-offs

unless someone at SEGA gets tired of the lack of her and then throws her into the games again

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
And yeah, where were Espio and Charmy? Why the heck were Silver and Blaze paired with Vector?
To be fair, that's not a TSR only thing. Vector has been split off from the other two multiple times in spinoffs such as being paired with Amy and Cream in Free Riders or being playable in the older Olympic games while Espio and Charmy only got cameos. For as much as they play up the team, it's not uncommon for Sega to not treat them as a set.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I was able to beat Mother Brain once in Metroid: Zero Mission but the first room during the time limited escape was total bull ****.

There's a huge difference between being hard and being unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom